Slipper CAL

heart

Well, they can't all be a success...

[ATTACH]26168[/ATTACH]

:lol I used two foam insoles, and it still isn't stiff enough to walk around in...:lol

Actually the slipper looks fine, just a little floppy.

Wonder if they make stiffer insoles? That might fix them.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ATTACH]26168[/ATTACH]

:lol I used two foam insoles, and it still isn't stiff enough to walk around in...:lol

I love that you posted the photo anyway. :clap maybe they could be bath or pool side slippers, just to have something on your feet when you really wouldn't be walking around much anyway?

Even when I'm sitting down, they just bend over :sigh...if I try to walk - forget about it! :lol I will definitely be on the lookout for something that will hold it's form better...maybe some nice thick, firm foam? I will take a look when I do my shopping tomorrow.

While we are on the subject of slipper soles - have any of you ever used leather soles...the kind that have holes around the edge, and you crochet directly onto? I saw some in Micheals, but didn't really like the look of them. I am thinking about experimenting with leather...maybe making some myself? Or perhaps fleece...what do you think?

[ATTACH]26168[/ATTACH]

:rofl tooo funny and you're right, can't all be a success :hook

Here's my pair....I love this slipper! It's the BEST. I used Caron Simply Soft and a strand of fun fur together.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=89350&page=5

Oh, I like these! TYFS and the link too!

I've got the <bleepin> afghan done and boxed and the mail lady will pick it up today, so have to get started on slippers and Christmas presents. It is September 1st already :eek

Even when I'm sitting down, they just bend over :sigh...if I try to walk - forget about it! :lol I will definitely be on the lookout for something that will hold it's form better...maybe some nice thick, firm foam? I will take a look when I do my shopping tomorrow.

While we are on the subject of slipper soles - have any of you ever used leather soles...the kind that have holes around the edge, and you crochet directly onto? I saw some in Micheals, but didn't really like the look of them. I am thinking about experimenting with leather...maybe making some myself? Or perhaps fleece...what do you think?

I bought a pattern on ravelry a while back for baby slippers. They are Lydia's Soled Booties, (I'll look for the link after reading the rest of the thread) It used post sts to make a really neat design. The st. count was off, so I had to re-work it, but about a month or so after the designer sent another copy with correct counts. It's neat. On that pattern, you print off the template and cut it out of your own felt/leather and crochet right into it. I like that idea, it's different.

I bought a pattern on ravelry a while back for baby slippers. They are Lydia's Soled Booties, (I'll look for the link after reading the rest of the thread) It used post sts to make a really neat design. The st. count was off, so I had to re-work it, but about a month or so after the designer sent another copy with correct counts. It's neat. On that pattern, you print off the template and cut it out of your own felt/leather and crochet right into it. I like that idea, it's different.

I like it! I think I will buy some felt/fleece or something next time I'm at the store, and see if I can come up with a pattern of my own...

Here's the ones I have. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lydias-soled-booties

She also has youth and adult size. They have soles in them. If you like that look, but not the sole, Mon Petit Violon has a similar design, but with a crocheted sole.

Baby http://www.etsy.com/listing/53957022/crochet-pattern-pdf-file-crocheted

Adult http://www.etsy.com/listing/53485428/crochet-pattern-pdf-file-spider-slippers

While looking for those links, I found this pattern. I love it! Now, if I could just bring myself to buy another one. Lol. I have cut myself off from pattern buying for a while, but these really tempt me. :hookhttp://www.etsy.com/listing/53485446/crochet-pattern-pdf-file-sorrento-ladies

I like it! I think I will buy some felt/fleece or something next time I'm at the store, and see if I can come up with a pattern of my own...

That's a good idea. I like the post stitches, but maybe with cables. I might try one of myown ideas too and see how that looks.

:sun........ Goooooooooooooooood Morning all............

Well.. I had a great "pamper me" day yesterday!

got a manicure... found some yarn that I needed for a couple projects.... and grabbed a few groceries for this weeks dinners!

I think I found the yarn I'm going to use for my slippers..... and I think I'm going to give them to my mom... :D

So... time to start knitting! :knit

:heart

:mug

Here's the ones I have. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lydias-soled-booties

She also has youth and adult size. They have soles in them. If you like that look, but not the sole, Mon Petit Violon has a similar design, but with a crocheted sole.

Baby http://www.etsy.com/listing/53957022/crochet-pattern-pdf-file-crocheted

Adult http://www.etsy.com/listing/53485428/crochet-pattern-pdf-file-spider-slippers

While looking for those links, I found this pattern. I love it! Now, if I could just bring myself to buy another one. Lol. I have cut myself off from pattern buying for a while, but these really tempt me. :hookhttp://www.etsy.com/listing/53485446/crochet-pattern-pdf-file-sorrento-ladies

Well, now you did it! :eek I love monpetitviolon's baby patterns, so I went and looked, first mistake :lol

Then I noted on the side it said sale or something like that and she had listed 4 patterns for $12 :yay

I bought the Sorrento, Spider and Pretty in Pink Ladies slippers and the Baby Sneakers because the pattern was different than the one from AA that I've had for more years than I can remember! Now just waiting for the patterns to get here so I can start working on slippers! :cheer:cheer

Wow! You did good! I love the Sorrento slipper, (that'll be my next purchase from her) and I have the baby version of Pretty in Pink and love it! It works up so quickly. Can't wait to see those made up, what color are you doing the Sorrento slippers?

Well, now you did it! :eek I love monpetitviolon's baby patterns, so I went and looked, first mistake :lol

Then I noted on the side it said sale or something like that and she had listed 4 patterns for $12 :yay

I bought the Sorrento, Spider and Pretty in Pink Ladies slippers and the Baby Sneakers because the pattern was different than the one from AA that I've had for more years than I can remember! Now just waiting for the patterns to get here so I can start working on slippers! :cheer:cheer

Good for you Toni! You are going to have so much fun making all of those gorgeous slippers!

I would love to join y'all! In the past I've made the slippers where you crochet a square and then crochet up a slipper, and I've also made Sylver's Awesome Slippers. The latter were GORGEOUS and LUSCIOUS, but I was pregnant and fat. (LOVE her thick, thick, cushy sole!) I sent them to my BFF in Ohio, and she LOVED them and said they were sooo toasty and warm. Now I'd like to try a round of Sylver's Mary Janes slippers for my girls and I. Have to get the pattern, but that's my plan! OH~and another pair for my BFF.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Good morning everybody! I'm off to run errands and hopefully buy a little bit of yarn to make a special pair and I have a neat idea to embellish them too, if it works out, so wish me luck! :hook

Sandi, I love her patterns too! I just can't buy any yet. *sigh* I have limited myself to yarn only for awhile. Trying to get my habit under control, lol. They are very pretty though, I always just about drool over every pair I see posted on various blogs and forums and such.

I'd like to ask you all to pray for my husbands sister if that's alright? She is having a biopsy this morning. She's been breast cancer free for 3 years and has just this past week found a lump again, so they are biopsying it this morning. (we live in different states or I'd be there this morning) She's also discouraged about it, so your prayers would be very much appreciated. :U

:sun/:rain ......... Good Morning all.............

Stormed like crazy here last night... lost electricity from 9pm last night to 5am this morning. Our creek is up out of its banks.... so we have some roads closed and flooding. Makes getting out and about a little bit of a chore.

So... looks like I can get some time with my needles today... :knit

Wow! You did good! I love the Sorrento slipper, (that'll be my next purchase from her) and I have the baby version of Pretty in Pink and love it! It works up so quickly. Can't wait to see those made up, what color are you doing the Sorrento slippers?

Not sure what colors I'm doing them in yet. Have to finish my kit swap tote before I can dive in!

Good morning everybody! I'm off to run errands and hopefully buy a little bit of yarn to make a special pair and I have a neat idea to embellish them too, if it works out, so wish me luck! :hook

Sandi, I love her patterns too! I just can't buy any yet. *sigh* I have limited myself to yarn only for awhile. Trying to get my habit under control, lol. They are very pretty though, I always just about drool over every pair I see posted on various blogs and forums and such.

I'd like to ask you all to pray for my husbands sister if that's alright? She is having a biopsy this morning. She's been breast cancer free for 3 years and has just this past week found a lump again, so they are biopsying it this morning. (we live in different states or I'd be there this morning) She's also discouraged about it, so your prayers would be very much appreciated. :U

Prayers being said! As for me, I'm trying to get my YARN habit under control :eek:lol Patterns, I don't need, but these I couldn't resist. With SS messing with my monthly checks again, will be on strict budget and not able to buy either yarn or patterns after this month :sigh

I'd like to ask you all to pray for my husbands sister if that's alright? She is having a biopsy this morning. She's been breast cancer free for 3 years and has just this past week found a lump again, so they are biopsying it this morning. (we live in different states or I'd be there this morning) She's also discouraged about it, so your prayers would be very much appreciated. :UAww... you bet.... Prayers coming her way!!!! :hug

Archived