Slipper CAL

heart

Heather, its pretty easy to change colors in this slipper. You just carry the ayrn along behind, and that's what gives it a slightly quilted look. I just have to remember to keep the unused yarn on the wrong side of the slipper.

And I'm looking forward to your pattern.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to finish a pair of slippers I started about 6 months ago, but when I moved I misplaced the pattern. So I was wondering if anybody recognizes this pattern. I think the bobbles on top were not part of the pattern. I appreciate any help with this...my mom calls me the one slipper wonder because this is the third or fourth pair that I only have one slipper, so it would be nice to complete a pair of slippers :blush

I found a pattern that is close to this slipper pattern it's at www.free-crochet.com it's called Ladies Slippers, it's under Winter Warmers on page 2. This may help you make another one.

I have a friend who asked me to make her some slippers so I thought I would check this cal out and the one you posted is the style she is wanting. If you find the exact pattern please post the info here.

Do you know if it's a free pattern or you bought it or was it in a book?

I should start by saying that I used ww yarn, and an "H" hook...you will need two colors: one Main color (MC), and one contrasting color (CC).

If you don't care for the ridges across the toes, you can substitute dc for the fpdc/bpdc.

Please note that in this pattern, the ch2 counts as the first dc...I didn't use a ch3 because I felt it left too large of a space, however, if you are more comfortable using a ch3 - go for it!

Here's the first part of my pattern - it's the section that wraps around your toes...make 2

Using MC:

Row 1: Begin by chaining 11, dc in 3rd ch from hook and in each remaining ch. =10 dc

Row 2: ch 2, turn, fpdc in next 8 dc, dc in top of ch2

Row 3: ch2, turn, bpdc in next 8 fpdc, dc in top of ch 2

Repeat rows 2 & 3 until you have a total of 15 rows. This will create a rectangular piece that has a series of ridges on one side, and is flat on the other side.

Cut yarn leaving a long tail to sew up seam Here's what your piece should look like so far...

post-15073-135897571535_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897571375_thumb.jpg

Would you ladies mind if I use this CAL as my pattern writing place? I will probably need lots of help...I was thinking I could post the pattern in pieces with pics & instructions, and maybe you could post suggestions to make it better? You could be my testers (if you want) I plan on posting it as a free pattern once it's all written up, but I don't want it to be full of mistakes...

MIND :think NO I wouldn't mind at all!:lol

Looks great Heather! :hook It's always neat to see how a new idea comes together.

Here is what I did, the red one is the one I "dreamed" of, lol. Not exactly, but I do like how it turned out. It makes me think of Elmo for some reason! :lol

The other one I'm sure you recognize, *sigh * I could not help it. I broke my own rule and bought the pattern, but this first pair is a gift for someone. Just hope they fit. My hands feel like they are breaking! This slipper is easy to do, but the actual crocheting of it is very hard on the hands. I have to say though, it is very much like a shoe. Very well constructed.

OH heart, how I LOVE that Sylver slipper! I bought it in every size and am first working on my toddler's. Then my girlie's. Then my BFF's. And I'm not sure I'll get around to my own, but MAN they are sooo comfy!!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Sandi, :D I only bought the pattern because you sold me on how it is so comfy, and you are so right! It has a very soft step. :hook

Here's the first part of my pattern - it's the section that wraps around your toes...

Heather, what size hook and type yarn are you using?

Well, here they are. :D Hope my cousin appreciates them. Lol. It's not the best photo, but I finished them this evening. Now I want to make Anna a pair. The toddler sizes biggest size is for 8 and the youth size start at size 9. Anna wears a size 8 now but only because I can't find shoes wide enough for her feet. I'm wondering which size to get? (provided I talk myself into breaking my rule again!) I think the toddler size will fit her, but then we won't get much use out of that pattern. What do you think? What size toddler or youth would you get? Maybe I will just write my own pattern for her size foot. (not like the skimmers, my own different idea)

Looks great Heather! :hook It's always neat to see how a new idea comes together.

Here is what I did, the red one is the one I "dreamed" of, lol. Not exactly, but I do like how it turned out. It makes me think of Elmo for some reason! :lol

[ATTACH]26692[/ATTACH]

The other one I'm sure you recognize, *sigh * I could not help it. I broke my own rule and bought the pattern, but this first pair is a gift for someone. Just hope they fit. My hands feel like they are breaking! This slipper is easy to do, but the actual crocheting of it is very hard on the hands. I have to say though, it is very much like a shoe. Very well constructed.

[ATTACH]26691[/ATTACH]

:cheerYour slipper looks SO SUPER COMFY - I love it!!! What kind of yarn did you use?

I can see why you bought the pattern - I want it too! It's awesome...it does look very firm...what is it made out of?

Well, here they are. :D Hope my cousin appreciates them. Lol. It's not the best photo, but I finished them this evening. Now I want to make Anna a pair. The toddler sizes biggest size is for 8 and the youth size start at size 9. Anna wears a size 8 now but only because I can't find shoes wide enough for her feet. I'm wondering which size to get? (provided I talk myself into breaking my rule again!) I think the toddler size will fit her, but then we won't get much use out of that pattern. What do you think? What size toddler or youth would you get? Maybe I will just write my own pattern for her size foot. (not like the skimmers, my own different idea)

[ATTACH]26719[/ATTACH]

:drool Your cousin is SO lucky!

I edited my first slipper instructions to include some things I left out ;) I'm glad I have you all to help, or my "pattern" would be a complete mess! :lol I'm terrible at explaining things.

Let's see, where did we stop...oh ya - it's time to sew up that side seam.

Fold your rectangle in half, ridges together. As you sew, you will be working up the side, not across the ends. This makes the sewing a little more complicated. Be sure not to sew around the entire stitch, instead, catch individual loops of the stitches with your needle (see pic) I've used a contrasting color to help you see a bit better...

post-15073-135897571542_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897571547_thumb.jpg

As you can see, my sewing is not perfect, and you shouldn't worry about yours being perfect either. Since you will be using the same color as your slipper - your stitches are not going to show. Once you get the side sewn all the way, cut your yarn and weave in your ends. Turn the piece ridges side out.

Let's try it on...the seam goes under your toes, and it should look something like this:

post-15073-13589757155_thumb.jpg

*WELCOME MERRI!* Heart, I personally would get the youth. She can fit a sock in there, and they will fit longer. Then again I err on the side of big shoes for my kids to a fault... They just grow so fast! BUT, they might stretch just a bit, too... Okay, now I'm playing both sides! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi BTW~the toddler size is not two double-stranded soles, it's two single-stranded soles. The youth is like the adult's.

[ATTACH]26719[/ATTACH]

I don't know about what size pattern to get, but I'd be inclined to get the youth size and use a smaller hook, or maybe figure out how to scale the pattern down, maybe by skipping a row here and there.

Those slippers you made are gorgeous.

:cheerYour slipper looks SO SUPER COMFY - I love it!!! What kind of yarn did you use?

I can see why you bought the pattern - I want it too! It's awesome...it does look very firm...what is it made out of?

The red one is plain ol' Red Heart in cherry red. :hook The pink and grey one is Bernat Satin for the pink inner sole and Michaels brand Loops and Threads for the grey outter sole. That yarn is similar to red heart, but feels a little thicker and kind of brushed feel to it. The soles of those shoes are so stiff! Lol! The grey yarn made them heavy too, they are nearly indestructable. :lol

Oh I'd love to join this CAL but have to finish a Project Linus blanket first. I'll get back with you gals shortly. :)

Welcome aboard! The more the Merrier! :hook

I edited my first slipper instructions to include some things I left out ;) I'm glad I have you all to help, or my "pattern" would be a complete mess! :lol I'm terrible at explaining things.

Let's see, where did we stop...oh ya - it's time to sew up that side seam.

Fold your rectangle in half, ridges together. As you sew, you will be working up the side, not across the ends. This makes the sewing a little more complicated. Be sure not to sew around the entire stitch, instead, catch individual loops of the stitches with your needle (see pic) I've used a contrasting color to help you see a bit better...

[ATTACH]26732[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26733[/ATTACH]

As you can see, my sewing is not perfect, and you shouldn't worry about yours being perfect either. Since you will be using the same color as your slipper - your stitches are not going to show. Once you get the side sewn all the way, cut your yarn and weave in your ends. Turn the piece ridges side out.

Let's try it on...the seam goes under your toes, and it should look something like this:

[ATTACH]26734[/ATTACH]

Those are so cool! The shaping is unique, I can't wait to work up a pair of those. :hook I think I may have to get some light blue and dark brown yarn for these, I can already see them being made. :yay You're explaining it really well too. :clap

*WELCOME MERRI!* Heart, I personally would get the youth. She can fit a sock in there, and they will fit longer. Then again I err on the side of big shoes for my kids to a fault... They just grow so fast! BUT, they might stretch just a bit, too... Okay, now I'm playing both sides! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi BTW~the toddler size is not two double-stranded soles, it's two single-stranded soles. The youth is like the adult's.

Thanks for the input Sandi! It helps make a more informed purchase. ;) Especially if I'm gonna break my no pattern buying rule again!

I don't know about what size pattern to get, but I'd be inclined to get the youth size and use a smaller hook, or maybe figure out how to scale the pattern down, maybe by skipping a row here and there.

Those slippers you made are gorgeous.

That's a good idea too, I think I will get the youth size.

Thanks for the feedback everybody! :manyheart

Heather, I'm working on your slipper pattern, and think I've found a typo in the first row. If you start with a ch 11, you can't get 12 DC in the first row, I count 10. The pattern seems very well written to me.

Fixed it - thanks! :blush You have to watch me close!

The next thing we are going to make is the "medallion" that goes on the top of the slipper...note: you will be working into the ends of the rows opposite of the seam, rather than into the sort side.

With contrasting color, ch 4 and join with a sl st to form a ring.

Ch 1, work 10 sc in ring, join with a sl st to first sc.

Ch1, sc in same st as joining, ch 2, remove hook from ch, insert hook in between the first two dc's of the first row on the right side of the toe section, grab the dropped ch and pull it through, ch 2, sc in next sc on ring.

post-15073-13589757157_thumb.jpg

* Ch 2, remove hook from ch, skip next row of dc on toe section, insert hook into next row, grab dropped ch and pull it through, ch 2, sc in next sc on ring.*

post-15073-135897571575_thumb.jpg

Repeat between * 6 more times, sc in next 2 sc, join with sl st to first sc, cut yarn, weave in ends.

post-15073-135897571579_thumb.jpg

Archived