Slipper CAL

heart

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a pair of knit slippers in progress. Since I am the worlds slowest knitter, I could use some encouragement to finish them. My grandmother, who has been gone for more than 20 years, always made slippers like these for us every Christmas. The last pair she made me was the same color as the pattern picture. I want another pair for old times sake!

:cheerWhat a great way to remember your grandmother! I would love to see your slippers as they progress...how far along are you?

Roo's patterns rock! Here is the pair I had finished that just needed the flower. This is the 3rd pair of felted ones I've made this summer. One thing I learned about felting is the tighter you crochet tension/gauge, the less it will felt. Your stitches show through and the looser your gauge, the nicer finished felt. The first pair I did I put in the wash twice and they ended up so small they fit Anna. (she's 2 It has been fun learning to felt.

Those are gorgeous! I just love the way felted slippers look, but I can't seem to get the hang of it...always comes out too small, too big :P

Those slippers from the sugar and cream site are really pretty.

I have a pair of knit slippers in progress. Since I am the worlds slowest knitter, I could use some encouragement to finish them. My grandmother, who has been gone for more than 20 years, always made slippers like these for us every Christmas. The last pair she made me was the same color as the pattern picture. I want another pair for old times sake!

My favorite slipper pattern is no longer available on-line. It was called Ginger's Easy 25 minute slippers, and I could easily make one in 25 minutes. There are quite a few examples on Ravelry.

I will be slow with you too, it takes me nearly forever to just do a gauge swatch, lol. That is a special memory and a very nice way to remember your grandmother. They would make great Christmas gifts to those in your family who would have had a pair from her as well. :manyheart

Ohh I so need slippers, usually in winter I wear two pairs of socks plus some purple fuzzy boots with snowflakes on them (from Walmart, not handmade), but the boots are too big so I stuff the toes with another pair of socks haha. Still my feet are cold. I resort to wearing a hat almost all winter too, indoors and out. In an attempt to keep warm.

Felted ones sound nice, I am sure I have wool in there too.

Ok, now ya done it! Lol, I found this link on there and I'm going to find some time today to make a pair of these. They are too cute. There is a lady at church due any day now and these will be just perfect. :D

Just call me the ENABLER! :rofl Those are really cute one's you found. If I wasn't trying to get an afghan done and out of here, I would start a pair of the hexie boots today. :angry

I whipped these up last night...I didn't use a pattern, but I think it's pretty much this one: http://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-pattern-easy-adjustable-slippers/ The only difference is that I crocheted around the opening to make it look more finished. I think I may add a strap across the top to make them look like mary janes? They worked up really quick, and are VERY comfortable - they feel like thick socks.

post-15073-135897567003_thumb.jpg

post-15073-13589756733_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I think these will be next: http://goodknits.com/blog/mary-jane-slippers/

Cute One's!

I whipped these up last night...I didn't use a pattern, but I think it's pretty much this one: http://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-pattern-easy-adjustable-slippers/ The only difference is that I crocheted around the opening to make it look more finished. I think I may add a strap across the top to make them look like mary janes? They worked up really quick, and are VERY comfortable - they feel like thick socks.

Oh, I like how these came out. Look comfy! :yes

Those are great Heather! I love the Mary Jane look with the leaf buttons. That's very cool. :hook

These are the AG Flower Slipper. They worked up really quickly and the first pair was so small and cute, I had to make another pair b/c they would be to small for a newborn. So they will go in the donation box for nicu. The verigated is Bernat Baby in Gardin Ombre and the cream is Stella. I think it's a sport weight from the feel, (the label doesn't have much info on it). Picked it up from Hobby Lobby, it has an opal sparkely thread running through it. To make these for a NB size, I'd probably use a ww or bulky and a bigger hook, or just add a few more chains in the beginning.

:sun ......Good Morning all.............

Wow... look at all the GREAT slippers being made!

Awesome job ladies!!!!!!

:heart

:mug

[ATTACH]26108[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26109[/ATTACH]

great looking slippers! I also really like the mary-jane style slippers you linked to in another post.

Those are great Heather! I love the Mary Jane look with the leaf buttons. That's very cool. :hook

These are the AG Flower Slipper. They worked up really quickly and the first pair was so small and cute, I had to make another pair b/c they would be to small for a newborn. So they will go in the donation box for nicu. The verigated is Bernat Baby in Gardin Ombre and the cream is Stella. I think it's a sport weight from the feel, (the label doesn't have much info on it). Picked it up from Hobby Lobby, it has an opal sparkely thread running through it. To make these for a NB size, I'd probably use a ww or bulky and a bigger hook, or just add a few more chains in the beginning.

[ATTACH]26112[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]26113[/ATTACH]

Too cute!!!

:sun............ Good Morning Friends............

just poppin' in to say :hi HI and see how you all are!

I'm off for the morning for a manicure and some yarn shopping... I'll catch up later this afternoon!

:heart

:mug

Good morning everyone! Hi Tam! I look forward to this every morning. It's nice to be greeted by friends who share the same intrests you do.

Heather, the slippers I have in mind next are for my husband, as soon as I can figure out what colors. His favorite football team is the Steelers. He's been a fan since he was a kid, so I thought about doing them in those colors. Maybe I can find a patch or some buttons with the logo on them to make them more obvious what team they are for. I thought I'd use this pattern. I like how it's 2 different colors and the top will have a nice stiff outline with crocheting the top and bottom together. Maybe he won't wear them out too quickly, lol! :D

edit, the pattern won't link. Anywho, it's a bottom and a top crocheted together. :hook

Archived