Slipper CAL

heart

As for me, I'm trying to get my YARN habit under control Patterns, I don't need, but these I couldn't resist. With SS messing with my monthly checks again, will be on strict budget and not able to buy either yarn or patterns after this month

:hug

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:hug

Thanks Heather! At least this time if they decide to take them for 3-4 months, I have my daughter here to help out. Just shouldn't be this way.

Anyway, 2011 and beyond will be better, they won't be able to do it anymore!!! I can work as much as I want, which I only want to work my 20 hours a week, and they won't take back anything at all :yay:cheer:clap

Thanks Heather! At least this time if they decide to take them for 3-4 months, I have my daughter here to help out. Just shouldn't be this way.

Anyway, 2011 and beyond will be better, they won't be able to do it anymore!!! I can work as much as I want, which I only want to work my 20 hours a week, and they won't take back anything at all :yay:cheer:clap

I'm glad that you have your daughter there for "back up"...hopefully they will just keep their hands out of your pockets...

Last night I sat down and tried to come up with my own slipper designs. They are loosely based on some that I've seen online. I only made one of each because they need some "tweaking", and also I ran out of the colors I was using ;)

post-15073-135897568934_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897568939_thumb.jpg

What do you think?

Last night I sat down and tried to come up with my own slipper designs. They are loosely based on some that I've seen online. I only made one of each because they need some "tweaking", and also I ran out of the colors I was using ;)

[ATTACH]26332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26333[/ATTACH]

What do you think?

Very nice! What sort of tweaking do they need, they look good to me the way they are. Are you planning to write them out, or are they too similar to others you've seen?

I made a pair of the American Girl Slippers last night and I'm convinced that they are actually meant for a doll, not a baby. They are tiny. They may work for premie slippers, I suppose. Its a very easy pattern, and I think I could make them turn out a little larger by tweaking the pattern a bit.

(Picture coming, once I work in the ends.)

Very nice! What sort of tweaking do they need, they look good to me the way they are. Are you planning to write them out, or are they too similar to others you've seen?

I thought about writing it out...but I'm not sure if they are too similar to the ones I've seen or not? Maybe I will make some different ones, and share the patterns for those...I will have to see what I can come up with.

Thanks everybody for the prayers for my sil. She was in good spirits last night so I hope that holds. A positive attitude does wonders in a difficult time. :U We will have results for sure next week.

[ATTACH]26332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26333[/ATTACH]

What do you think?

LOVE them! You did a great job! I like them both but I really like the one with the different center at the toe. That's neat.

I made a pair of the American Girl Slippers last night and I'm convinced that they are actually meant for a doll, not a baby. They are tiny. They may work for premie slippers, I suppose. Its a very easy pattern, and I think I could make them turn out a little larger by tweaking the pattern a bit.

(Picture coming, once I work in the ends.)

I think so too, mine were so tiny. I wonder if holding 2 strands of yarn together and using an I or J size hook would make them big enough for a NB? They are very easy, I liked how quick they worked up.

I had a crochet marathon yesterday, I'll upload the photos and post them in just a minute. :hook

Regarding the "American Girl Flower Slipper" pattern, I thought of using bulkier yarn, but it seems like it would be too bulky for a newborn. A larger hook might work, but the slipper might be kind of "holey", and I think the flower would be less "perky".

I was actually wondering of adding a few chains to the starting chain. That would make the footbed a little longer, and then an extra increase round would make them a little wider. Maybe an additional row or two for height. I would then have to tweak the flower top a bit to make it wider, maybe just by adding a single crochet center.

LOVE them! You did a great job! I like them both but I really like the one with the different center at the toe. That's neat.

Very nice! What sort of tweaking do they need, they look good to me the way they are.

Very nice heather, I like them alot

Thanks everyone...I am already thinking of a design that would be suitable to share...I have a couple ideas.;)

These I did the other day but just took the pic last night. It's 2 patterns combined, the Pretty in Pink sole and Lydias Soled Booties. Since I wanted the top design and needed a sole and already had these patterns. Had to rework the st counts a bit though. They will go to a lady at church who just delivered yesterday! :D

These are based on the Family Slipper, (it won't link) but I heavily modified them with post sts to get them to stand up and be strong instead of floppy and a row of sc around the bottom to give added strength. They are 2 strands held together. Those boards are 2x4's so you can see they are quite big, and Would you Believe :eek:eek:eek it, he pulled in the drive way as I was taking the photos? That man can sniff out Steelers stuff like a bloodhound, lol. Needless to say, he was a very happy camper.

All that led to these, based on the same pattern, my middle son Ethan, decided he wanted some "Right now Mama" so he had to have a pair before he went to bed alst night. He specified blue with a Big E.

Then it was bed time and my oldest said he wanted a pair too. :lol when I asked him ealier he said no, but I guess seeing everyone with a pair, he wanted some too. So I sent them off to bed, since it was late by then, the oldest wore mine :D with a promise to have a pair of his own today. Lol!

(sorry for the book, I just thought it was funny)

Regarding the "American Girl Flower Slipper" pattern, I thought of using bulkier yarn, but it seems like it would be too bulky for a newborn. A larger hook might work, but the slipper might be kind of "holey", and I think the flower would be less "perky".

I was actually wondering of adding a few chains to the starting chain. That would make the footbed a little longer, and then an extra increase round would make them a little wider. Maybe an additional row or two for height. I would then have to tweak the flower top a bit to make it wider, maybe just by adding a single crochet center.

Sounds like a good idea. :hook It's a cute little slipper.

Great slippers! Heart, especially love the baby ones you made~SOOO PRETTY!

I am not in buying mode yet, either~I am saving for the Sylver's MJ pattern in all sizes. I know it will get A LOT of use with my girlies and gifts forever~LOL! I don't have tons of patterns~not quite a binder full (many of those free) and a few Crochet Todays. I find the ones I HAFTA have and don't take on any more than that. Having experienced Sylver's cushy slippers, I can't help it! I WANT MORE! ~smile~ (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Oohhh! They are all done. Mine and Anna's have been done for awhile, but hubby's and both my son's slippers are done. Now everyone is happy and will have warm toes this fall and I can actually settle in to crocheting Christmas slippers. I have 4 I want to make and felt for aunts and cousins, maybe felt my mom's too. I'll have to wait on that though, need to buy the wool first, and I'd like to get the Sylver adult pattern too for passing parties. We do a $5 limit party and/or a Bad Santa where we could do nice gifts or gag gifts. The gag gifts are always funny, but I like bringing something nice and useful too. Anyway, on to the pics! :D

These are us, I can see each of our personalities in each pair. :manyheart

[ATTACH]26332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26333[/ATTACH]

What do you think?

WOW! You did good! Love, love, love them! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Oohhh! They are all done. [ATTACH]26376[/ATTACH]

WOW! That's a lot of slippers and does show personality. :yay for being done and on to Christmas gifts!

Oohhh! They are all done. Mine and Anna's have been done for awhile, but hubby's and both my son's slippers are done. Now everyone is happy and will have warm toes this fall and I can actually settle in to crocheting Christmas slippers. I have 4 I want to make and felt for aunts and cousins, maybe felt my mom's too. I'll have to wait on that though, need to buy the wool first, and I'd like to get the Sylver adult pattern too for passing parties. We do a $5 limit party and/or a Bad Santa where we could do nice gifts or gag gifts. The gag gifts are always funny, but I like bringing something nice and useful too. Anyway, on to the pics! :D

[ATTACH]26375[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26376[/ATTACH]

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard...I so envy you felters!

Archived