Slipper CAL

heart

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heart, your youth slippers are GORGEOUS! I haven't finished my pair for Frances yet, as I used a half-inch size bigger but then crocheted the upper to tightly. I am redoing it, since I had only done the one.

BTW~I so have a heart for the reservation~that's AWESOME! Sadly, I struggle with time. I know in this season my heart is full at home, but seasons come and go, and I am thankful that as my brood grows I can reach outward more and teach them to do the same. :) Are you, per chance, the one who does those saltine shawls? OOOOHHHH are they AMAZING!!!

*THANK YOU!* for the dip information!!!! The last slippers I gave to my BFF ended up shedding on the bottom into nothingness, so I'd love a bit more longevity. They lasted as they were supposed to~they were just loved to death! LOL! I'm going to look for some clear, brush-on, plasti-dip.

HI to ALL! ~smile~ (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Thanks Sandi! No, I'm not the one who does the shawls. I actually haven't donated to the Resrvation yet, I've focused locally and on baby items, but I think my main focus now will be the reservation. I know the things I make will be welcome and used there. :yay

Both pairs are really beautiful!

:manyheartThank you!

Heart, beautiful slippers! Love the colors.

Thanks! I like how the lime pops the grape color.

heart, I just love those skimmers...so cute!

Thanks Heather!

The skimmers I posted earlier are to little, so I started a pair in pink and lime. Then I noticed something. I followed the pattern exactly, both yarns were WW. Pink is Bernat and the lime is Loops and Threads. 2 strands held together, both soles worked through R2. See the difference? Even though they are both ww, the Loops and threads is noticably thicker. So these slippers will have a lighter pink sole and the lime will get saved for another pair for the reservation box. I had more Bernat in my stash. I like it because it is soft and shiny like Caron SS. Anyway, I just wanted to show you what I found out today...not all yarns are compareable/interchangeable. I've interchanged yarns in patterns for years, this is the first big difference I've come across. I thought it was neat. :hook

Oh, I saw a post in toasty slippers on ravelry where a lady uses hot glue from her glue gun for the non skid on the bottom. I'm going to do that on these and see what happens. :P

OH mastitis has descended~can't wait for my fever to break!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Oh, not fun! :( Hope the fever breaks and you are feeling better today!

I finished up Anna's other pair of Skimmers, hoping they would fit this time, and they just fit. :) Barely. So there will be another pair some time soon, but not just yet. Too much to do this week. Anyway, I put hot glue on the bottoms, lined around the edge and then did little designs. It's cute and works but I think I'll still order the no slip stuff for gifts and donations. :U

Thanks sooo very much for the well-wishes! My fever has broken, but one "bob" is still very, very sore. (Sorry for the TMI!) I'm gettin' better! And it is my darling's birthday today! So I'm makin' a dinner he requested and a yummy dessert. ~smile~

Sarah, those skimmers are too, too cute! I still hafta put the uppers on the ones I made for Frances, AND I've figured out a no-no I've been doing on Sylver's patterns, which is slip-stitching the soles together over the outside, which leaves a line of demarcation. Finally thought through how not to do that~for the NEXT pair since I've already woven in all then ends.

Hoping to find some plasti-dip in clear (found black) to paint the bottoms with, as I hope it will not only stop slippage, but also make the slipper last a little longer. (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I finished up Anna's other pair of Skimmers, hoping they would fit this time, and they just fit. :) Barely. So there will be another pair some time soon, but not just yet. Too much to do this week. Anyway, I put hot glue on the bottoms, lined around the edge and then did little designs. It's cute and works but I think I'll still order the no slip stuff for gifts and donations. :U

[ATTACH]26977[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]26978[/ATTACH]

Heart, I have heard of people using puff paint on the bottoms of slippers. I know know if you knew this or not , I thought I would say something just incase. It's kind of a rubber type paint they use to paint on shirts and fabrics. :-)

Well, here is my rendition of Heather's slipper pattern. I love them!

Now working on the easy pattern that was posted here and then will do the Uggs for Adults. Trying out different patterns to see what I'm going to make for who. Depending how they turn out will determine if they go to charity or Christmas presents :lol Not that there will be anything wrong with them, :devil just not as gifts for the people I have in mind.

post-25113-135897573149_thumb.jpg

Now working on the easy pattern that was posted here and then will do the Uggs for Adults. Trying out different patterns to see what I'm going to make for who. Depending how they turn out will determine if they go to charity or Christmas presents :lol Not that there will be anything wrong with them, :devil just not as gifts for the people I have in mind.

[ATTACH]26996[/ATTACH]

Those are so pretty!

Heart, I have heard of people using puff paint on the bottoms of slippers. I know know if you knew this or not , I thought I would say something just incase. It's kind of a rubber type paint they use to paint on shirts and fabrics. :-)

I've used that before too, I was just trying the hot glue to see how it worked. I do like puff paint better for making designs though. It's easier to control.

Thanks sooo very much for the well-wishes! My fever has broken, but one "bob" is still very, very sore. (Sorry for the TMI!) I'm gettin' better! And it is my darling's birthday today! So I'm makin' a dinner he requested and a yummy dessert. ~smile~

Sarah, those skimmers are too, too cute! I still hafta put the uppers on the ones I made for Frances, AND I've figured out a no-no I've been doing on Sylver's patterns, which is slip-stitching the soles together over the outside, which leaves a line of demarcation. Finally thought through how not to do that~for the NEXT pair since I've already woven in all then ends.

Hoping to find some plasti-dip in clear (found black) to paint the bottoms with, as I hope it will not only stop slippage, but also make the slipper last a little longer. (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Glad you're starting to feel better. What type of store did you get the plasti dip at, was it like a Lowe's or Home Depot? I haven't looked for it yet, but if I could find something local, it would be cheaper than ordering and paying shipping.

[ATTACH]26996[/ATTACH]

Those turned out really cute.

Those are so cute :cheer

Thanks sooo very much for the well-wishes! My fever has broken

Glad you are feeling better :hug

[ATTACH]26996[/ATTACH]

:cheer Very nice, love the color choices

Those are so pretty! What a good idea to use hot glue...I never would have thought of that, but I bet it works really well.

[ATTACH]26996[/ATTACH]

I like the yarn you used - pretty!

Sandi, I'm glad you're feeling better...mastitis?! Doesn't sound fun :no

Heather the yarn I used on the slippers was good old RHSS pink camo and some other light pink I had. Both left over from other projects! :yay

And, since I don't read charts or Japanese, I won't be making these slippers :eek

Found this Japanese slipper pattern while browsing...http://www.clover.co.jp/cgi-bin/link_cnt/link_cnt.cgi?cnt=351

That's really pretty, I like the cluster st. Or 2dc tog. How ever it is said, lol. I think they look kind of like flower petals.

Archived