Slipper CAL

heart

That's great! I'm going to try to stop by after church tomorrow and see what they got. I'm off to check out ebay now too. Thanks for the tip! :hug Can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

I ordered it on the 25th and it shipped today. I say that's good service. After looking at a couple of places and checking their prices and shipping costs, I bought one of the kits with the clear and tints for color. :clap:clap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200520851863

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ordered it on the 25th and it shipped today. I say that's good service. After looking at a couple of places and checking their prices and shipping costs, I bought one of the kits with the clear and tints for color. :clap:clap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200520851863

That's a good idea! (the tinting) Thanks for the link! :hug

I have already sewn the edges and woven in ends. I could undo it, probably, but I'll more likely finish the other one and give them to my son. It fits him, just a little big in the heel. It was good practice though. I always seem to have trouble with the edges looking neat, mine are always loose and then the bind off is tight. Everything I knit, :lol ends up that way. Maybe I need to take a class. I've watched tons of videos online and checked out books from the library, but my brain is wired for crochet. :hook

I posted a free pattern on my blog yesterday and I'm currently knitting another pair of slippers too. They are called duffers. Hopefully these will work out, they have to be felted. :D great for hiding mistakes! :P )I'll post a pic. when I get a few minutes. :U Have a great weekend everyone!

Sarah, I saw your pattern on Ravelry yesterday and found it intriguing. Different stitch patterns could even be used for these. Thanks for sharing your pattern, (and for directing my attention to the knit version! I might be able to make those!)

You're welcome Cindy. I was thinking today that if the slipper was sewed inside out, then turned right side out, the toe area would not look so squared off and be a little more rounded. The next pair I do I'm going to sew this way and see. :)

Okay, I have found that I crocheted the upper of Frances' a little too loosely, as they fall off. (She likes to cross her feet a lot!) I am going to put an ankle strap/tie on by chaining two strands together and anchoring in the middle at the top back of the slipper.

I really wanted to share though that I had not had the opportunity to order Plasti-dip, as I wanted clear so you could see the crochet work, and it would match. Well, for Frances' slippers I got puffy paint in clear with glitter and painted the bottoms with a foam brush. It came out very well! I am hoping (especially for my BFF) that it will help the longevity of the slipper's life. :) (((((HUGS))))) sandi

• 5 weeks later...

I made another pair of Heathers slippers while we were on vacation last week. I'm planning to donate these. (and no my knit slippers still aren't finished!)

The green yarn is Red Heart Soft and the brown yarn was just an ancient leftover from some long forgotten project.

post-6189-135897595728_thumb.jpg

Sandi and Gardner I love your slippers! I haven't posted in this thread for a looooong time. But, I finished a pair of slippers today. They're from an out of print magazine called Crafting Traditions. They're called "Festive Slippers". I think they are just called that because the ones in the magazine were made in red & green.. These are a size 7. (They fit me perfect..) I tried to make them bigger. Will have to try again... :blush:hook

post-20-135897597345_thumb.jpg

Okay, I have lost it... I never posted in this thread. Ever. But I used to be in a Slipper CAL here. Must be an archived CAL.. :lol The slippers I just posted are going to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. I have a second pair going too. Well, half way done. Just need to finish the second slipper.

Sandi and Gardner I love your slippers! I haven't posted in this thread for a looooong time. But, I finished a pair of slippers today. They're from an out of print magazine called Crafting Traditions. They're called "Festive Slippers". I think they are just called that because the ones in the magazine were made in red & green.. These are a size 7. (They fit me perfect..) I tried to make them bigger. Will have to try again... :blush:hook

post-20-135897597355_thumb.jpg

Cindy, it's the Nov/Dec 1995 issue. I kept a lot of the magazines. And thank you. :)

Tina, those are cute. I used to get that magazine and I think I still have them around somewhere. I'll have to see if I can find that pattern.

Thank you Sandi. :manyheart

OH TINA! Those are AWESOME! I LOVE THEM! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Me, too. :) I have a hard time throwing magazines away.

Thanks for the information, I found it! I had saved quite a few of those magazines.

I have a bunch (like three slippers worth) of granny squares to make slippers with. I can't remember the name or where the pattern was from, though... They were so cute. Maybe I'll try looking through Ravelry and CPC... I'm pretty sure it was on her blog, and she had gone to another country (or someone she knew had) and gotten some slippers and re-created them. She said they use bright colors that are unexpected, together.. (If that helps at all or if anyone knows what I'm talking about..) I'll keep looking.

Edited to Add: I found them (on Ravelry..)! : The Purl Bee's Granny Square Slippers It was her cousin, went to the Republic of Georgia... I knew I hadn't lost it that bad... :P

Well I thought I had all the squares to make more pairs, but I do have enough to make two pairs. And enough of the yellow ones to make four more additional pairs. :eek I don't know what I was thinking (I don't think I was thinking, at all.. :lol ) Anyway, I also have to do an additional row of sc around each square. :sigh I really must have been out in la la land when I did this.. I also can't find any "Cornmeal" Red Heart yarn anywhere. Maybe I can go look at Michaels or JoAnns this weekend.

post-20-135897599162_thumb.jpg

Good morning everyone...I'm just stopping in to see what everyone's up to.

Tina...those squares look like they are going to be really pretty when you get them all together! Sorry you have to add a row to them - what a pain, but hang in there, it will be worth it when they are done.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished a couple more pairs of slippers. The pink/brown ones I am sending to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, to a 15 year old. The green/camo ones are for my 8 year old whose feet just got huge, overnight (it seems). They are a little bit big on him. But, the way he keeps growing, that's probably a good thing..

post-20-135897603682_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897603685_thumb.jpg

Archived