Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of yarn are you looking for? I :manyheart I Love This Yarn for ww projects. The new Michael's yarn -Loops and Threads- is nice, too. It is a stiffer yarn so it would probably work better for stuffies and such. So many choices!

What kind of yarn are you looking for? I :manyheart I Love This Yarn for ww projects. The new Michael's yarn -Loops and Threads- is nice, too. It is a stiffer yarn so it would probably work better for stuffies and such. So many choices!

Thinking of Deborah Norville Serenity chunky to supplement yarn I'm considering making a shawl out of... after that I don't know... I'm limited in that the only place near me is Hobby Lobby, everything else is about an hour away or more... so looking at maybe ordering some but if I did it would be red heart light and lofty since I like it, otherwise there aren't many I'd order since I don't like to order something I've never tried before

:yawn All this :crocheting is making me tired, but I needed a weekend like this. I'm on row 30 of my Colleen's Christmas CAL scarf and I've been working on some Christmas Sampler squares for fun.

I've got a funny story. DD is a sucker for whatever is for sale on TV. Mostly we only let her watch channels that don't have commercials, but now and then we are watching something on TV and she sees the commercials. This morning she announced, out of the blue, that she wants a chopper for her birthday :eek You know, it slices, it dices. :rofl Then this afternoon this commercial comes on for this puppy spot mat where dogs can go to the bathroom indoors and it looks and feels like real grass (I thought of Klaus, Stacy). Anyway, DD says "I want that!" :rofl And she was serious!!! :ohdear

Well, it is hard to believe this weekend is over. I accomplished very little. We are planning to go visit SIL someday in the next couple days, so I will need to pack. We're kind of waiting to see what the weather does plus DH's van is showing the engine light again so we have to take it in tomorrow to see what they say.

Have a great night, my friends. :hug

Thinking of Deborah Norville Serenity chunky to supplement yarn I'm considering making a shawl out of... after that I don't know... I'm limited in that the only place near me is Hobby Lobby, everything else is about an hour away or more... so looking at maybe ordering some but if I did it would be red heart light and lofty since I like it, otherwise there aren't many I'd order since I don't like to order something I've never tried before

Ooh I've used the Serenity and it is soooo soft.

:yawn All this :crocheting is making me tired, but I needed a weekend like this. I'm on row 30 of my Colleen's Christmas CAL scarf and I've been working on some Christmas Sampler squares for fun.

I've got a funny story. DD is a sucker for whatever is for sale on TV. Mostly we only let her watch channels that don't have commercials, but now and then we are watching something on TV and she sees the commercials. This morning she announced, out of the blue, that she wants a chopper for her birthday :eek You know, it slices, it dices. :rofl Then this afternoon this commercial comes on for this puppy spot mat where dogs can go to the bathroom indoors and it looks and feels like real grass (I thought of Klaus, Stacy). Anyway, DD says "I want that!" :rofl And she was serious!!! :ohdear

Well, it is hard to believe this weekend is over. I accomplished very little. We are planning to go visit SIL someday in the next couple days, so I will need to pack. We're kind of waiting to see what the weather does plus DH's van is showing the engine light again so we have to take it in tomorrow to see what they say.

You are on a roll! :rofl at your dd- she is a girl after my own heart! I LOVE infomercials! Does she just want the mat to sit by the door? I hope she doesn't really intend to potty on it. :lol My Isabella is an infomercial junkie, too- she is dying for the wall-mounted toothpaste dispenser. :rolleyes Have a safe trip, if you decide to go. I hope it is nothing serious with dh's van!

LOL Keith always wants the toys he sees on commercials, I'm glad he's just limited it to toys (or food) :lol goodnight Colleen

Ooh I've used the Serenity and it is soooo soft.

You are on a roll! :rofl at your dd- she is a girl after my own heart! I LOVE infomercials! Does she just want the mat to sit by the door? I hope she doesn't really intend to potty on it. :lol My Isabella is an infomercial junkie, too- she is dying for the wall-mounted toothpaste dispenser. :rolleyes Have a safe trip, if you decide to go. I hope it is nothing serious with dh's van!

I haven't tried it yet, just touched it in the store and fiddled around doing a beginning chain by hand w/ it... was it easy to work w/? or did it have problems?

Hi Ladies

You ask why is Mary up soooooo early????? Well I have not gone to bed yet. We had a little problem here Sunday and now I cant sleep so I thought I would catch up on the posts.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Talk to you later

:hug:manyheart

Good morning to all!

It is Monday and I begin day 1 of 12 (12 days in a row working, that is). DH is off work this week (I'm sure he'll enjoy the peace and quiet without me here..lol)

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day-with whatever you have planned. I'll be thinking about you and wishing I was home on my badorkus with:crocheting in hand!!!

Well, looks like my Giants are not making the playoffs this year- unfortunately Beths Skins did not beat the Boys:(

:manyheart

Hi Ladies

You ask why is Mary up soooooo early????? Well I have not gone to bed yet. We had a little problem here Sunday and now I cant sleep so I thought I would catch up on the posts.

Talk to you later

Oh, Mary, hope everything is OK- :hug to you!- Gotta run and get ready for work. Heres some more :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

HI gang!

Things here are going quite nicely! We are having a nice visit with my sister. For some strange reason she was running a fever last night, but now seems to be better. She says she feels like she has a cold now. We are going to be baking today! Cookies and all kinds of yummy stuff today! Yes, the JETS beat the Colts yesterday! We were in shock! Who'd of thunk it! And what happened with the Giants?!? They didn't even show up to the game!

Hold on...sister wants to say something...

Hi! I'm Pam, the sister from New York. Today is baking day and tomorrow is lunch at the pizza arcade. My son has been waiting for that. GO JETS!!

Mary - I hope the power stayed on up by you!

Colleen - Too funny about DD and the commercials!

Stacy - How is your visit with your dad going? Did you get the part for your car yet?

Sarah - Hoping things calm down around your way now.

Joanne - I am counting down your 12 days in a row with you!

Hope you all have a great day! Talk to you all later!

Vicki

Good afternoon all,

I’ll catch up on posts this evening,

I am setting my timer for 15min at a time so I can stay focused and get something done today

I started a hat last night very interesting stitch, it’s from the Crochet Un Cut online magazine. Coverable

Be back later,

tena

Hi Ladies

Talk to you later

Hope everything is ok...:hug

afternoon. fiance called in sick so I slept in (he can't sleep in, our son won't let him, he'll just sit at our bedroom door and cry until daddy gets up) Now we're thinking of going to Wal-Mart to get a container for the Christmas tree since it's box fell apart. Also going to see about swinging by Hobby Lobby to get some yarn =0)

Hope everyone is having a good day and getting some :crocheting time =0)

Oh Mary!! I hope everything is ok. Lots of :hug:hug:hug to you.

Vicki, I'm glad you are enjoying your time with your sister. :manyheart Have fun baking! It's always much more fun to bake with someone else.

Sarah, the Serenity was very easy to work with, I had no problems with it. The only thing was that the skeins are not all that big so make sure you check the yardage and buy enough for your project. One skein only made a scarf long enough for my 4 y/o.

Stupid George is being very mean to me today. I have lots of lower back pain and am thinking of having my Jorge run to the store for one of those ThermaCare heat things. Maybe he'll just stop on our way to the museum.

The visit is going well. The older 2 are having lots of fun with my dad, and Eva is still a bit on the unsure side. At least she's not screaming this time, though. :D

I'm going to go watch a movie and wait for the Motrin to kick in. Love you all! :hug

Stacy, :hug:hug:hugFeel better soon. Mean old George! I thought he was supposed to be nicer to you now.

Mary, I hope you got some sleep.

Sarah, I hope you enjoy yarn shopping!!!

Joanne, Go Delta Force!!! Sorry my skins were so disappointing. Oh well. There's always next year!!!

Tena, are you getting things done 15 minutes at a time? (That sounds like overtones of Flylady to me!)

Vickie, It's good to hear that you and Pam are having a good time baking. I hope she feels better.

I am not going to try to name everyone. Just know I think of you and love you all!:hug

My hubby has been working me today! He started cleaning the laundry room/storage room. I've had a small corner for my nook, but the evergrowing piles of stored stuff have been taking over. He threw away stuff, put away stuff, switched a tiny tv for the tv we used to have in our bedroom, and re-wired everything so it would work. Don't laugh - I have a PlayStation2, and I love the RPG's. We have a lot more room down there, and it's so much more inviting. I'm very excited about it. I'm also trying to find a new home for my piano. I haven't played it in years, and it takes up so much room. Our house is tiny. It will be nice to actually have enough room to walk straight through the dining room into the kitchen, without having to turn sideways to squeeze between the table and the piano.

Any way, I hope you all have a great day. I need to pick up oldest ds from work.

LOVE YOU!!!

Hi gang! The baking is done! We made mondel bread, which is like a chocolcate chip loaf and chocolate caramel thumb print cookies. They came out good! My heart was not in to baking today. My stomach was in knots! Hubby was on an interview and I was a nervous wreck!

Anyway, the interview seemed to go well. The manager of the store said that hubby is grossly over qualified for the position that he interviewed for, which is a supervisory position. A step down, but that is okay; a foot in the door. Apparently this manager pulled hubby's application and reserved it so no other store could hire from it. The manager said he is going to speak to his district manager about him and see if there is another position in the district that is better suited to his ability. If not, the manager would want to give him the supervisory position with a plan to get him an assistant manager position soon. That is my understanding of the whole conversation. Hubby needs to call the manager back tomorrow after he came home and talked to me about the whole thing.

I was up half the night. Could I see a light at the end of the tunnel? I think so. I am relieved and just hoping that this works out. Prayers please besties. I need all your prayers just one more time to get me through this.

My sister is feeling much better today. She is right now playing a game with DD and her oldest son. We are getting ready to make dinner. Hot dogs and hamburgers! Nice and easy tonight!

Thanks for being here besties! You are all the best and I am so glad I found you all!

TTFN!

Vicki

:hi everyone!

A special hi to Pam! Thanks for saying hi to us!

Vicki - I am happy to hear that your DH had a positive interview. My fingers are crossed and he is in my prayers! Enjoy your sister's visit.

Stacy - I hope you feel better soon :hug

Mary - I hope everything is okay :hug:hug:hug

Beth - Isn't found room great! Sounds like your DH was busy. I sure hope you weren't lifting things! How is your back? What is an RPG? :think

Sarah - I hope you enjoyed yarn shopping.

Tena - I hope the kids are continuing to enjoy their toys.

Joanne - I hope the first day of 12 went quickly! There is a big article in the Dec. Interweave Crochet magazine about yarn stores in Boston. I got the magazine for Christmas. Thought you might be interested.

LeaAnne - I guess your family has really been needing you lately! I hope you are busy having fun with them!

Shannon - How are you and Miss Janna today?

Scooby dooby do - Where are you? Did you make it to your friend's house to visit?

Judy - :hi how are you? Haven't seen you in a while and hoping you had a great holiday.

:hi to anyone I've missed!

Bad news, the van is showing the same code as last week and now they think it needs a new computer :eek:ohdear It is quite cold here (supposed to be -22 C with the wind chill tomorrow :wbrr). Good stay inside weather.

Well, I may only be on-line sporatically for the next few days. I'm going to try to keep up as best I can from my SIL's but I'm not sure how I'll do.

Vicki- I really hope all goes well for your hubby, sounds like it's gonna be something good!

Everyone else, HOWDY!!!! I've been crocheting more each day, and the more I do the more my mind wanders to what I can do next. I'm so excited, crochet is such great therapy and seems to be getting me out of my funk!

I'm so glad to be here and reading through old posts and getting to know everyone, I know I've been kind of quiet but everyone seems so close and I'm trying to find a good place to jump in. Never been shy on here before, but I'm sure I'll warm up.

What are everyone's crochet plans for the new year? I love making wild goal lists this time of the year and seeing how much I actually do. Usually I end up doing about the same amount of crocheting I set out to do, but it's on completely different projects than I originally intended, :rofl

In the coming year I personally want to pick a local charity and do things for them. There is this amazing ministry here in Cobb County called Must Ministries, they set people up in housing and take them from being homeless and give them nice places to live. Usually getting them in through a backdoor and on Section 8. I want to make a handful or more comfortghans to give them, so they can hand them to the women and children that leave their shelter and have them in their new homes. A reminder that they aren't in it alone and some people really do just want to help make life better for those around them.

Hi Ladies

I got a couple of hours of sleep this afternoon. I feel like a truck ran me over.:( We are going over to in-laws for a bit tonight. DD and SIL are coming with us when they put the kids to bed at my Mom's. Iam hoping it is going to be a queit night.

My brain is not working too good right now to post to everyone. I just wanted to let you know I love you all very dearly and Iam thinking about you all.

Lots of Love

Archived