Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

HI gang! The baby came yesterday morning! she was 6 pounds! I need to get myself together now and finish everything! I had planned to work on it after working on my paper (which I did), but I fell asleep! Ugh! I felt myself falling asleep with my books in my lap on my chair. I thnik I will just blame the new chair. It is just too comfortable, I think!

I need to go upstairs to class, so I can't respond to everyone right now. I will come back later and try to talk to everyone later! Have a great day and I will talk to you later!

Vicki

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, the last 6 weeks have been a blur of confusion, frustration and head banging times! :think:yuck:bang! My coworker had her baby beginning of December, so she was on maternity leave for 5 weeks followed by a week of part time and she is just finishing her first full time week back. Needless to say, when my boss told me that we were going to be really busy, I GROSSLY misunderstood her. I had several days where I would be here at the office till about 5:45! And I would still have stuff to do when I got to work in the morning. ;grrr. It got to the point that I hated my job enough to seriously consider going back to school (which is something that has been on my mind for the past 6 years, since I graduated with my associates degree from a local comm.. college.)

Even tho I havnt been on lately, I have still managed to complete a few projects!!!! In November, one of my guy friends requested that i make him a scarf to match the coat he got on black friday. this guy is a manly man. the only time he has been in a craft store is with me!!:lol

This was the first scarf i have ever successfully crocheted. so i was happy with the way it turned out. Somewhere around 5-6 ft of double crochet in a charcoal Vanna's choice yarn.

Well i got the scarf done in time for him to use it for a winter walk around the Toledo Zoo's Lights Before Christmas (over a million lights decorating the zoo!)

I have also picked up a few of those light up crochet hooks and :manyheart! My roommate and I did quite a few roadtrips over the holidays visiting friends and family and seeing a really good play, and so i was able to :hook in the car in the dark! AMAZING!:eek

Well, gotta get back to work. ttyl!

Frogger - :hi nice to hear from you! It sounds like you have been VERY busy!

C4J - WTG on your free spirit doll. Please share a pic with us when she is done!

Joanne - Happy vacation! I am so happy for you and I hope you have a wonderful time in Boston. If you do get to meet LeaAnne (and having met Mary it is really nice to meet someone in person that you've gotten to know so well), please give her a hug for me.

LeaAnne - If you happen to meet Joanne, please give her a hug for me :rofl How are you girl? You must be busy in that bathroom. What are your plans when the wallpaper is all down? Paint? New wallpaper?

Vicki - That is so nice about your friend having her baby. 6 lbs, such a nice little one! I'm glad you are enjoying your chair. What kind of chair is this magic chair? It sounds like I should get one!

Beth - I hope your day is less eventful today as far as animals and creepy crawly critters go. My my your son is a tall! I'm only 5'2", so I like my van because I'm up higher and can see too ;) However, I have trouble cleaning the snow off it, because I can't even reach the top of the windsheild WITH a snowbrush.

Sarah - We all have those moments with our kids, and remembering to remove yourself from the situation to recharge is the right thing to do. It will pass. My trick at those times is to either get outside and do something active--go for a walk, go to the park, kick a ball around. If you can't go outside turn some fun music up really loud and dance it off. He'll think it's a fun game and you'll burn off some of that "energy". :hug

:hi to everyone else!

They installed a smart meter for our electricity yesterday, so now we get billed higher at peak times of the day (during the daytime). So now I am actually feeling guilty for doing laundry :eek:angry

Have a wonderful day! May your hooks be happy and TGIF!

Hi Colleenka! *waves* Thanks, I'll try to get a pic up soon, though I'm not sure when I'll finish because the eye whites are not working....:(

so i was able to in the car in the dark! AMAZING!/quote]

COOOL! I should get one of those! :D

WTG on the scarf btw!! :claps

Time for Home Ec again! I'm REALLY hating my math right now!!:bang:thair:yell

Taking a break from it and doing something more fun! lol

C4J - The funny thing is that I had gotten my sleep the night before! I just don't know where my brtain is lately! I think the stress of life has just gotten to it! The baby is a co-worker. It is his first and I am in the middle of making a baby sweater that I should have been finished with already, but I am not! Now I have to get off my badorkus and get it done! And by the way, I LOVE North and South! It is one of my favorit mini series!

Colleen - I don't know if it is a magic chair. It just seems to put me to sleep! Maybe that is a good thing since I really didn't get any sleep in my bed for the whole month of December! But I seem to be doing better! I am getting hungry again and I am sleeping better! I actually slept until my alarm almost went off today! I haven't done that in over a month!

Joanne - YAY for the trip to Boston! I hope you have a great time! Enjoy the trip and have fun! Be safe and talk to you when you get back!

Sarah - Sometimes we just need those breaks. Those are good to take. Good for you for taking one!

Beth - EEEEWWWW Creepy crawly bugs! Yuck! Glad the cat was saved! You got there just in time! Poor kitty! Hope your leg is feeling better today. Maybe the cold weather was getting to it.

frogger - Welcome back! Sounds like you have been very busy! Glad the scarf came out nice and you love your light up hooks! Keep us posted on your doings!

Shannon - Hey there! Glad you were able to pop by for a while! Hope all is well by you!

Scooby - Glad you are feeling better. It is hard moving sometimes. Hubby had a hard time when we moved here to Texas. It just takes some time. I bet you are so not used to the weather either! All that snow for a southern girl will knock you for a loop! It is different because it makes it hard to go anywhere!

Hope everyone is having a great day! I must go and get some stuff done. I will hopefully be here for chat tonight. If I manage to stay awake in my magic chair, that is!

TTFN!

Vicki

Tena - glad things were somewhat normal for you

Stacy - sorry about your car :hug

Joanne - hope you enjoy your vacation

Vicki - glad unemployment got approved.

Scooby - sorry you're having so much trouble w/ the cable/internet company :hug

Beth - :yay for car passing inspection. I love Keith but sometimes it requires the patience of a saint to deal w/ him. He's too smart for his own good.

C4J - congrats on the A

Colleen - glad you had fun w/ DD swimming and making a snowman

Shannon - sorry you keep missing everyone :hug

Frogger - :yay for finishing the scarf. sorry things have been frustrating for you.

Morning. Once again I'm not able to sit in my chair... Need to put bells on Keith's door (out of his reach) so that when he opens his door in the morning I'll hear it (fiance has a tendency to shut our door when he leaves to go for work so I can't hear Keith and Keith has learned how to open his door w/o it squeaking and the baby monitor doesn't work when Keith knows how to be quiet until he's out of his bedroom)... so he'll get up and go sit in the chair and usually end up peeing out of his pull-up all over the seat... LOL well I don't have to worry about the chair seat being dirty :lol

Last night Fiance taught Keith how to play games on the computer (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse games) We're both getting antsy from being cooped up so much, first by the cold and now by the rain. Don't feel like driving to the nearest town to take Keith to an indoor play area so will probably be playing the game w/ Keith later on to get him to settle.

And by the way, I LOVE North and South! It is one of my favorit mini series!

That's so cool! We saw the first three episodes last night. I really hope Fred gets away! That would be bad if they catch him!:( Of course, you already know what happens though....:lol To bad about Mrs. Hayle also.:(

I just need to buy yarn for my dolls hair!:eek:D I hope we go to HobbyLobby soon!:)

@solaceinmusic: I guess you really love to read! I do too! I read just about anything! :D:lol BTW, when are you getting married? :D I just wondered since you were talking about your fiance. Congrats! :D

That's so cool! We saw the first three episodes last night. I really hope Fred gets away! That would be bad if they catch him!:( Of course, you already know what happens though....:lol To bad about Mrs. Hayle also.:(

I just need to buy yarn for my dolls hair!:eek:D I hope we go to HobbyLobby soon!:)

@solaceinmusic: I guess you really love to read! I do too! I read just about anything! :D:lol BTW, when are you getting married? :D I just wondered since you were talking about your fiance. Congrats! :D

lol umm we don't know... whenever finances allow (we've been engaged for over 3 years now, Keith came along first so finances got messed up)

yeah and in just the time since I posted these pics the block that was only partially covered by water is now completely underwater... fiance is going to have fun getting from his truck to the house...:lol if it wasn't so cold I'd let Keith go run some energy off splashing around.... but don't want to risk him getting sick

Wow, that is some puddle, Sarah!

Stacy - I am having a good laugh. I'm making the hat from Crochet Today that you made. You know how yours turned out way too big? Mine is baby sized. :rofl I'm using my scrap sport weight yarn (which is what it calls for), 2 strands, and the 5 mm hook it calls for. The yarn is pastel colours, so I was kind of hoping it would be on the small size (for a child). Maybe not baby sized, but it is so cute! I just have to edge and make the braids. Will post pics later. I think I might have enough of the scraps left to make a cute little scarf or something to go with it.

I am having a FANTASTIC quiet day today. It has been a long time since I just sat in the peace and quiet and just crocheted for fun! :c9

Colleen, that is too funny! :lol Maybe your dd can use it for one of her dolls? I hope you post a :photo of it- it sounds so cute! :clap for your quiet day!

Sarah, I'd say it's a little wet over there! We are supposed to get a huge storm front moving through next week- rain next Monday through Saturday! With rainfall up to 1 inch per hour in some areas- :eek!! I can't wait because I love rain, but it's going to be really bad for dh's work.

:hi Frogger! It's so good to hear from you. Sounds like you have been busy! WTG on finishing that scarf.

C4J- can't wait to see your Spirit Doll! I hope you can take a :photo for us. I am dying to make one but I have a few other things that need to get done first. I can't wait to hear how you make the wig- that part is :think me.

Today has been good. Roomie invited me to go to a yoga class with her this morning. I wound up getting a gym membership. I'm happy because it's something I've wanted to do, but feeling guilty because it's cutting into our fund-age for the next 2 weeks. :blush When we came home, my and Jorge's Christmas gift had arrived from my mom- He got a Best Buy gift card and I got a Michael's one! :clap (insert Cabbage Patch here.)

I am having an internal struggle about the car situation. I can either wait for the taxes to come back and get something from the auction place next to dh's work (which is where we got my last one) or get something right now from the dealer and have a car payment. I will have to think about it for a little while. I really, really hate the idea of another payment but I need a car now, kwim?

Anyway, dh just got home so I'm going to scoot for a little while. Hugs to everyone and safe travels to Joanne. :hug

post-12231-135897496487_thumb.jpg

Here is my hat from the latest Crochet Today magazine. It would probably fit a 1 yo (the pattern is supposed to fit an adult :lol). I think I'll keep it for a baby gift. Maybe make a matching scarf. :shrug I did use up some of my sport weight scraps :tup And I probably have enough to make 2 more of these.

Stacy - Good luck with the decision on the car. Just do what feels right. :hug

Off to make burgers!

Archived