Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Colleen your scarves are lovely- love those colors- I actually picked up some Painted Desert and Barrington today at Michael's. The ones I made yesterday and today are in Mixed berries and the blue is Windsor. The blue one I only chained 120 and I used a "J" hook instead of "K". I actually had some yarn in the skein left!

I made a quick beanie for the Boxing Day CAL after finishing the scarf and I think I'm putting the:crocheting away for tonight

Have a great night everyone!:hug:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joanne and Colleen, your scarves are beautiful!! I just love them! Doesn't Homespun have the prettiest colors??? Good for you both!

Hi Ladies

Love the scarfs Joanne and Colleen. Beth take care of your back.

If Iam not around it is because our lights keep going off. We are having Snow, and freezing rain. The trees do look sooooo pretty.

Talk to you later

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I'm the newest shawl lady. A wonderful woman here at the ville, Elle, makes shawls and sends them out every month In December she made 4 shawls to be delivered. I was sitting downstairs, the door bell rings, and it is the mailman with a package for me. I saw the return address and started shouting I"m a shawl lady. DH thought I lost my mind. It is perfect- and without further ado, here it is:

congrats, it's lovely =0)

The scarves and hat are very pretty! Great job, Colleen and Joanne! :clap:cheer Joanne, congrats on being the new shawl lady! It is beautiful and it looks wonderful on you!

Mary, stay warm! Are you prepared with candles, etc? I hope it is not too bad for you. :hug

Beth, I'm glad to hear you put your feet up and :crocheting in your massage chair. :hug Hope your back is feeling better and that those inventions are helping out.

We had a fun time today. I lazed around in bed and played with my Ipod until 10. :blush Jorge didn't feel well so he stayed in bed for most of the afternoon. My dad and I took the girls for a walk to the store after lunch (the girls wore their skates, which was their Santa gift) and they had fun. Mia was so funny- we got ice cream cones at the store, and on the way home she started to walk in the grass so she didn't have to worry about falling. My dad "guided" her back onto the sidewalk, and when she thought he wasn't looking again, she crept back into the grass. :lol That girl cracks me up. Jorge got my inline skates from his parents' house the other day, so when we got home, my dad stayed with the younger two, and Isabella and I went for a skate. It was really nice to do something just with her. We came to a part in the road that was really bumpy, and she grabbed my hand and said, "Don't worry Mommy, I won't let you fall." :manyheart It almost brought tears to my eyes. We don't often have moments like that.

The Terror was being more like Damien today :blush and Roomie flat-out didn't care, so it was really nice to get out for a while. Later when dh woke up, he took me to Trader Joe's and Target. He is supposed to go looking for the part for my car next weekend (when his dad is available to help him) so hopefully I will be driving again soon. :xfin

Well, ladies, my eyes are really wanting to close, so I will be back tomorrow. :hug to everyone and I hope you all had a wonderful day-after-Christmas. :manyheart

Joanne and Colleen your scarves are really pretty.

Beth hope your back is feeling better.

Busy day today, had Christmas at fiance's mom... got there early to help set up since she had to work until 7pm. Ate, then opened presents then fiance had to drive his step-sister and her kids home (he had picked them up since she doesn't drive right now) then we came home, gave Keith a bubble bath while we waited for him to come back to his mom since we don't have a tub here, so he just loved that. Just barely got home. Keith was asleep before we were even 1/4 of the way home. Got a visa giftcard that I'm going to use to get the yarn needed for the dragon pattern I'm going to buy on ravelry and I'm thinking of getting the Cathedral Rose Window afghan pattern from Annies Attic and the yarn for it to make also, we'll see how much I can manage.

Also considering doing another Elmo for one of fiance's friend's daughter cause she loves Elmo just as much as my son does and she'll be 2 in feb.

Keith is in heaven, he got a bank that's the flashing lights and crossing sign from a railroad train and it makes the train whistle sound and a whistle that sounds like a train (he loves trains almost as much as he does Elmo) and a blanket w/ a Lionel train on it (the maker of the bank)

Hope everyone had a great day today. One more thing to get through, b-day for one of Keith's cousins then I can relax. fiance is going to watch a football game when we get home and I think I'll take the chance to go to bed early tomorrow night, leave him to play w/ Keith and then put him to bed while he watches football....

Good morning Besties and Happy Football Sunday- Giants play at 1PM today and DD and her BF are coming to watch. Hoping that youngest DD comes over too. Go Giants:cheer:cheer

The:rain has stopped and the weatherman said the :sun is coming out today_of course it is still very early and is still dark outside !

Stacy- sounds like you had fun with Isabella-:yay it's always nice when you can have one-on-one time with the girls- and that was precious that Isabella wasn't going to let you fall. You brought back great memories- I was 40 when I first tried inline skates- my 3 DD's were teenagers and they loved it so I thought, why not? It was fun- We even went to Central Park in NYC and skated around there- it was a blast! My oldest DD now has my pair of inline skates with her in Boston!

Sarah- sounds like you had a fun=filled busy day Have fun shopping with that money and let us know what you end up buying!:yarn

Mary- hope the lights are staying on for you and that you keep warm! How are the kids- are they still visiting?

Tena- glad to hear you had a nice christmas- sounds like it was a very busy day for the GK's!! Hope Santa was good to you too!

Beth- Your hooks were smokin yesterday too!!! It was fun to spend the day with :crocheting in hand- I actually didn't mind that it was raining outside since I was inside in my comfy chair with hook and yarn! DH was watching a movie and then we got pizza delivered for dinner- it was a nice, relaxing day! :c9

LeaAnne- Glad that your DK's were happy with what Santa brought them for Christmas and so nice that they are wanting your undivided attention!! Isn't it great to feel wanted and loved?:manyheart

Shannon- thanks for the compliments on the scarf- I like the way Colleen photographed hers- Why didn't I think to hang it on a door to take the picture?? :think They really are quick and easy to make and only take one skein...ok, for me, if I do the 140 ch and use a K hook I found I was running out with about 40 stitches to go. Luckily I had more yarn. But with the blue one, I thought I'd try going down a hooksize and shortening the chain and ended up with leftover yarn. I don't know why I don't always go down a hook size! I should know my now that I always should since I crochet loosely. Hope Janna is enjoying all her new presents!!

Colleen- your scarves are great- and thanks for hosting the Christmas Carol CAL- you seem to be a natural at it!:ty So is your DD enjoying all her Christmas presents?

Judy- How was your Christmas? Can you believe that all the snow is gone?? A week ago we were buried in snow and now this morning- Poof- it's gone!

Vicki- Did your sister arrive safe and sound? I was thinking about her flying from NY and with all the rain, I'm sure there were delays. Enjoy your time with her!!! And hope that with her visiting you are a little less stressed for a while and can relax and have fun!:yes

Scooby- Where are you? Dorothy posted pix of all the:2snow:flake:snow she got in Wyoming on the Boxing Day Hat CAL- she was surely snowed in- and I thought of you and your planned visit. How much snow did you get in Nebraska? Seems the midwest got hit hard! Keep warm!

Frogger, Victoria and anyone else I may have forgotten (not intentionally)- have a splendid Sunday!!:hug

Hey girls! My sister has arrived safe and sound! Things here are quiet for the moment. All the kids are still sleeping and me and my sister are sitting here in the living room talking. I wanted to come here and tell all my besties that my sister has arrived!

I need to go back and read all the posts that I missed from yesterday. Have a great day and talk to you all soon!

Vicki

Good day Besties!

Vicki - I'm so glad your sister made it safely. Enjoy your visit. Are her children close in age to your DD?

Joanne - Enjoy your football Sunday. I can picture you cozied up on the couch with your shawl while you watch the game.

I went to Michaels and used my gift card. It took me almost 2 hours to make decisions. That ALL of the yarn was on sale didn't make it easier. ALL OF IT!!!! I got yarn for my Caroling CAL project, yarn for a bag I've been wanting to try, some white and black RHSS just because I was out of these colours and they are handy to have, and some RHSS for a 'ghan I've got in my head that wants to be made :ohdear

Have a great Sunday everyone! :hug

:thair:bang:yell:irk:rant went to start another project and can't find ANY of my crochet hooks... fiance cleaned the desk and basically everything I had on the desk got put in a box which is at the bottom of the stack in our bedroom =0(

Joanne, how cool that you went skating in Central Park. What a wonderful memory! :manyheart Enjoy your football Sunday. I commented on your FB that Jorge found a Seahawks sports bar! He was soooo excited, he left at 9:30 this morning! :rofl

Colleen, WTG on getting all of that yarn! You must've had such a hard time deciding with all of the yarn on sale! I can say the one good thing about my car being broken is that I am saving lots of $$ on yarn (and the gas to go get it.) :lol Is dd having lots of fun with her race track?

Vicki, I'm happy to hear that your sister arrived safely! Enjoy your sister time!

Sarah, sounds like you have a lot going on this weekend! Sorry to hear your df "tidied" your crochet hooks, but at least he remembered where he put them so you can dig them out. Have fun ordering your yarn and pattern! What kind of yarn are you going to use?

Mary, I hope your lights are working now. :hug

Scooby, I hope your chest is feeling better. :hug

Shannon, Leanne, Tena, Beth, and anyone I missed (I am sorry if there is, our group is getting so big it is hard to remember everyone!)- Happy Sunday! :hug

I am thinking of walking to the library today. I need to get out. The Terror is at it again, and I can't deal with it today.

Tomorrow my dad is going to watch the girls and Jorge and I are going to the Getty. It's this awesome art museum, they have stuff for kids, too, but it is hard to enjoy the nicer art with them. It will be nice to spend that time with him. :manyheart Tuesday we are taking the girls to the Natural History Museum and the Science Center, then Wednesday it looks like the rain is supposed to hold out, so we are going to Knott's for Isabella's birthday. Hard to believe she will be 7 already!

Well I am out of coffee so I better refill. Then I am going to dig out my :yarn and :hook and figure out what to make for Colleen's Christmas CAL. (That has a nice ring to it. :wink)

Hello Everybody! :hug

Stacy, sounds like your family is going to be busy this week. What fun you should be having! Enjoy your time with dh. I'm sorry the terror is terrorizing you.

Colleen, I could spend hours trying to pick yarn, too. Sounds like you made some very nice choices. I can't wait to see the yarn convert itself into something wonderful!

Vickie, I hope you are having so much fun with your sister! How lovely that she made it down to be with you. Is she enjoying your weather?

All my other Besties, I hope you have a warm, safe, dry day, with lots of :manyheart and :crocheting

Congratulations to Vicki on her JETS win over the until now undefeated Colts!!!! My Giants on the other hand played like they forgot how to play football. And Shanon's Saints got beat by the Bucs!

Beth- I am counting on the Redskins to win tonight to give the Giants a chance at the playoffs. The Cowboys can't win!:lol

Now to go back and catch up on what I missed. Spent the day at DD's house with her and SIL, DD and BF and the pup (anyone who is on FB can see her in her Christmas finery) We had a lovely day (except for the Giants loss:lol)

Good evening all,

How is everyone’s weekend going? Ours is very laid back. Kids are having fun with there new toys and games.

The scarves are really nice

Staci it is so nice you got to go skating and had such a good time

Sarah, sounds like you all had a great time. My little guy is into trains too. Thomas is everywhere in our house. There is a very nice train afghan pattern in the December issue of Crochet World. I am planning on making it this year.

:hi to everyone else,

Talk to you tomorrow,

Nite all,:crocheting

tena

Stacy- sounds like a wonderful week with your DD's, your Dad and your DH. How fun to go to the art museum with DH!. I think DD and I will go to the Museum of Fine Art in Boston when I go up- it's such a nice museum and haven't been there in about a year. And I think DH and I should plan a trip to NY soon to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Museum of Modern Art- we haven't done that in a few years! Thanks for the ideas of things to do! (that is when I'm not working...lol)

Beth- hope your back is feeling better and you got to crochet today. Hoping the Skins win tonight! I'll be rooting with you (for this one time:lol)

Colleen- Yay for :yarn! You made some good choices. I know it's so hard when all the yarn is on sale. I love the scarf pattern you are using for the Colleen Christmas Cal (I like the sound of that too)

Shannon- sorry about your Saints- what is going on - 2 weeks in a row?

Sarah- don't you just love when the men finally decide to clean up and then put your things away- good luck getting to the hooks!

Vicki- Your sister must have brought good luck to the Jets today that they were able to beat the Colts! How fun to be with her to watch such a good game!

I didn't get a stitch of crocheting done today since when I went to pick up DD and BF, youngest DD called and said that they wanted us to come to their house so they wouldn't have to leave Belle crated up. So, of course I wasn't prepared with any :yarn or :hook! Belle is really getting big- she is about 25 lbs. now and she is doing really good with the house training- We had fun with her and took a walk at halftime- the weather was actually quite nice today!

Well, off to relax and maybe :crocheting a bit. Watching the Eagles/Denver game and it is tied. I also want the Eagles to lose:lol

LeaAnne, Scooby, Mary, Tena, Frogger, hope you all had a wonderful Sunday!

Tena- glad all is well in your household- it's nice when they have new toys to play with- I have that issue of Crochet World and that train afghan pattern is really neat. Can't wait to see when you make it- you must post pics

Have a relaxing night!

Good evening all,

How is everyone’s weekend going? Ours is very laid back. Kids are having fun with there new toys and games.

The scarves are really nice

Staci it is so nice you got to go skating and had such a good time

Sarah, sounds like you all had a great time. My little guy is into trains too. Thomas is everywhere in our house. There is a very nice train afghan pattern in the December issue of Crochet World. I am planning on making it this year.

:hi to everyone else,

Talk to you tomorrow,

Nite all,:crocheting

tena

yeah it's thomas, diego, mickey and elmo all over here, mainly thomas and elmo... I have that issue of crochet world also, but don't know if I'll do it this year... main goal is find a job.

last event for this year over w/... now things can go back to normal for Keith, he's happy to be home, he was getting tired of going here and there... we don't plan on going anywhere or doing much of anything for new years eve except watch the newest harry potter movie on DVD... and about only thing we're looking at doing that weekend is fiance is going to take a day to spend time w/ Keith just the two of them

hope everyone had a good weekend

w/ luck I'll get to work on my ripple afghan tonight... first time in over a week I'll have worked on it...

:hi everyone!

I've been :crocheting a lot. What fun to play with my new yarn. I'm working on this pattern: http://bronsfiberstuff.typepad.com/photos/arizona_poncho_free_patte/arizonafin.html

I'm using Nob Hill Jewel Sparkle yarn in Maize. It's a thick and thin yarn, so the texture is very cool. I am on my second skein out of 10. I think I'll need all 10 to make a big enough poncho. I love it, so far.

I've been sitting in my chair with the heat and massage on as much as possible. It's really loosening up my back. I still have to be careful of twisting and reaching, but I'm walking almost normally now!:cheer It feels so much better!!!

Joanne, I'll be sure to let my dh know that you are cheering for his skins today. I'm sure he'll appreciate it. :lol Today, his two favorite teams are one team: The 'skins and whoever is playing the 'boys.

Love you all, but I'm entirely too scatterbrained to name all your names! It's like my dad's family reunions -- there were 12 siblings. For fun, we'd try to list them in birth order.

Beth- love that poncho- you sure have been crocheting up a storm- good for you and glad to hear that your back is feeling somewhat better. I think it is that massage chair and all the relaxing crocheting!!

Well, the Eagles won (not good for the Giants) so it's up to the Skins to beat the Boys!!!

have a good night!

Beth, your posts always crack me up! I bet you are a hoot to hang out with in person! :lol I'm glad your back is feeling better. That poncho is really cute- are you going to model it for us like in the picture? :lol

Sarah, I hope things settle down for you now that the festivities are over. :hug

Joanne, enjoy the game. Sounds like you and dh have some plans to make! :hug

Tena, I'm glad to hear the kids are having fun with their new toys and that all is calm. How are you feeling? Is your b/p still under control? :hug

Sarah- good luck getting time to work on the ripple. Did you find your hooks?

lol I know WHERE they are.... but don't feel like digging to get to them... all the clutter that was in the living room/kitchen got piled in boxes in our bedroom so it wouldn't be in our way for the Christmas dinner at our house... and they're in the box at the bottom of the stack...

Archived