Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shannon, you could assign us all a holiday and we could make one each! :lol When you finish joining, just finish it off as you would anything else- weave in the ends. Good night!! :hug

Colleen, I'm glad the race track was a hit! I completely forgot that Isabella had asked for the color-changing one. She was really happy with what she got, though.

That is a great idea about Shannon's pillows. Sign me up for Canada Day :rofl Just kidding, would love to help you.

I'm glad Isabella liked what she got. Those race track things take up a lot of space :eek

We set it up in the basement, so it can stay there for a while. I kinda think it will be a short-lived favourite though :shrug At least it wasn't the 4 ft tall, 4 ft wide dollhouse Santa brought last year (what was he thinking?:lol). Those big toys sure do take up a lot of space!

:rofl Tell me about it! My dad bought the girls a wood kitchen set from Target 2 years ago, and it was when we lived in our apartment. The thing took up about a quarter of the girls' room! Santa Daddy wanted to bring Mia a dollhouse, but I put a ban on big toys.

I think tomorrow we are not doing anything, but Sunday dh is going out for a little while, and my dad and I are going to walk to the library and park with the girls. Dh is off for the week, and Isabella's b/day is Wednesday, so we are thinking of going to Knott's. It depends on the weather- it is supposed to rain. If that happens, we will go to the Natural History Museum and the Science Center. We have a bunch of plans for this week! LoL It will be so nice to have him home. :manyheart

Wow! Sounds like you have lots of fun planned while DH is off and your dad is visiting. We have a quiet weekend and I think that will be just what we need. I'm going to finish MIL's scarf and make SIL's. And I'm going to Michael's with my gift certificate that DH gave me :D

They actually have a big yarn sale tomorrow. I'm kinda stumped for what to spend it on, if you can believe that. I am so used to making do with scraps that the thought of buying yarn for a project is kind of strange for me. I'd like to try felting, so I might look at wool. I might just go and browse and see what catches my fancy. I like a lot of other things Michael's sells too.

Hi Sarah! yes, we had a great Christmas. I read through the posts and it sounds like yours was nice, too. Did you order your pattern yet?

mine's not over yet, one more family member to go to, fiance's mom... but it's been great so far... will be glad when this weekend is over though and things can settle down...

haven't ordered the pattern yet, have to deposit the money (was given cash) in fiance's account first, then I can order it. since I haven't been working I don't have a checking account of my own currently, and the bank won't fiance put my name on his account...

Sarah, that is really weird. When dh and I were engaged, he had me added to his account. Depends on the bank, I guess. The banker tried to talk him out of it by saying, well what if you don't stay together? But he did it.

:hi Sarah, yes, our Christmas was very nice! It sounds like you had fun too! Is Keith warn out after all that Elmo kitchen playing?

yeah, that and all the other toys and his cousin Madison and her dad came today so he had fun playing w/ her (fighting over sharing of course) lol it sure was fun trying to find the on/off switch though, it was inside the play oven part...

don't know who it was but I sure feel about the big items, he got the kitchen and he's getting a "my first craftsman" workbench from his grandma and we're going to have fun figuring out where to put it, he's got an Elmo workbench that I got off freecycle but he doesn't play w/ it as much since it didn't come w/ any of the tools or anything so we're going to see about giving it away to make room for the new one...

Yes, it can be tricky trying to find room for the larger toys. My dad has a love of buying the larger stuff for my kids because he knows that I generally won't. Not for lack of want but we just never had the room when we lived in the apartment. We wanted to get the Dora kitchen for Eva this year but by the time we decided what to get, it was sold out everywhere.

Archived