Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although this year, my oldest got a bunch of Littlest Pet Shop, and my middle got tons of Polly Pocket and Strawberry Shortcake stuff. While it's cute (and I actually have fun too :blush) the tiny pieces are soooo hard to keep track of. So I don't know which one I would rather deal with. :rofl

Yes, it can be tricky trying to find room for the larger toys. My dad has a love of buying the larger stuff for my kids because he knows that I generally won't. Not for lack of want but we just never had the room when we lived in the apartment. We wanted to get the Dora kitchen for Eva this year but by the time we decided what to get, it was sold out everywhere.

we went shopping on black friday, so we made sure to get the elmo kitchen in case they sold out...

Although this year, my oldest got a bunch of Littlest Pet Shop, and my middle got tons of Polly Pocket and Strawberry Shortcake stuff. While it's cute (and I actually have fun too :blush) the tiny pieces are soooo hard to keep track of. So I don't know which one I would rather deal with. :rofl

yeah he got a bunch of toys w/ little pieces also... so guess I'll need to get some more plastic shoeboxes...

Good idea. :yes My 2 y/o didn't show interest in anything until about 3 weeks ago, when she suddenly fell in love with Dora. So we really didn't know what to get until then. LoL She ended up getting a hooded blanket, slippers, a Dora family car, and some other stuff. She's happy. :D

Good idea. :yes My 2 y/o didn't show interest in anything until about 3 weeks ago, when she suddenly fell in love with Dora. So we really didn't know what to get until then. LoL She ended up getting a hooded blanket, slippers, a Dora family car, and some other stuff. She's happy. :D

He's loved Elmo since he ended up in the hospital at 15 months and he got a tickle me elmo there to replace the toy I bought him that the nurse didn't realize was in the blankets so it disappeared when they changed the sheets and they couldn't find it... before that it was balls... lol still is but now he's added Diego, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, My friends tigger and pooh, Little Bear, Handy Manny and Thomas the train to what he likes it makes it soooo much easier to shop for him

Aww nice that they gave him the Elmo to replace the lost toy. Why was he in the hospital?

My oldest was really into Thomas until she was 5- one year dh made a train table for her and she played with that thing for sooooo long. It is in storage because once we had my youngest we didn't have room for it, but now that we moved we're thinking of bringing it back.

lol and he loves Dora also but we're trying to get him to understand that's it's ok for him to watch the cartoons but we are not buying him the toys and stuff

Aww well he's still a little too young to understand that. My oldest is a total tomboy- she absolutely LOVES boy stuff. I guess it's a lot different giving a girl "boy" stuff, than giving a boy "girl" toys. LoL!!

Aww nice that they gave him the Elmo to replace the lost toy. Why was he in the hospital?

My oldest was really into Thomas until she was 5- one year dh made a train table for her and she played with that thing for sooooo long. It is in storage because once we had my youngest we didn't have room for it, but now that we moved we're thinking of bringing it back.

we were getting ready for a wedding (one of fiance's cousins) and he was teething and he got a hold of the hanger for fiance's suit, put it in his mouth and bit down, it went through the bottom of the inside of his mouth under his tounge, the ER here mistreated it and it got infected (why they thought a topical antibiotic would work INSIDE the mouth is beyond me) so he had to go to the nearest childrens hospital and they had to lance it and put this rubber band like thing from one side under his chin to the other so it could drain... he handled it really well... LOL the nurses said if it wasn't for the IV in his arm (for the antibiotic treatment every 6 hrs) they wouldn't have known he was sick/injured cause he was so happy and playful, but he had to stay for 3 days

Aww well he's still a little too young to understand that. My oldest is a total tomboy- she absolutely LOVES boy stuff. I guess it's a lot different giving a girl "boy" stuff, than giving a boy "girl" toys. LoL!!

yeah, I wouldn't object to giving a set of dishes or pots and pans w/ Dora or some of the other toys but he wants the dora underwear (along w/ all the other characters he likes) and we kinda draw the line there LOL

Oh my gosh, how scary!!! A topical antibiotic inside his mouth- sometimes I wonder if these "professionals" get their licenses from a Cracker Jack box. :think

Dora underwear! :rofl That is too funny!

Oh my gosh, how scary!!! A topical antibiotic inside his mouth- sometimes I wonder if these "professionals" get their licenses from a Cracker Jack box. :think

Dora underwear! :rofl That is too funny!

yeah I feel the same way about some of the doctors we've had to deal w/. but then we've also had some great ones, like the one who put the stitches in his head when he collided w/ his grandma's china cabinet the day after his 3rd b-day, he was wonderful w/ dealing w/ a cranky child that was way overtired and hurting... lol especially at not laughing at him cause he was being so funny cause he was more upset over being held still then being stitched together

Aww that's cool. Makes it so much easier when they are not afraid of the dr.'s, etc. My middle one was anemic when she was about 18 months, and when we had her blood drawn, she just sat and watched it go up into the tube, she didn't even care that there was a needle coming from her arm. LoL

Good morning!

Glad to hear that the kiddies had a great Christmas- Stacy's 3 DD's, Colleen's DD, Shannon's DD and Sarah's DS...Just realized Sarah- the DDs far outweigh the DS's!

Stacy- I saw on FB that Santa Jorge got you an ipod touch! I got one for christmas last year! I love it!

WTG on the Michael's gift card, Colleen- have fun shopping today! I am so tempted to go just because it's a sale and just because you can never have too much yarn!

Thinking of Scooby and her plans to travel to Wyoming to visit her friend Dorothy. Read that the midwest got blasted with a snowstorm. Safe Travels!

Here it is rainining (come and get it Stacy-LOL). So the ground is now showing and it is just yucky. Of course, my weekend off and it is supposed to rain all weekend!

Planning on seeing the DD's today and tomorrow we have nothing at all planned-it will be official rest, watch football, nap, crochet, get ready for the crazy week of work day!

Enjoy your Day after Christmas everyone! Hugs to all!

Good morning all my besties!

I didn't think there would be a chat last night! I am glad you all got to have one! I fell asleep in my chair watching the football game. It was a stinker of a game. The Titans never really showed up for the game!

My sister arrives later today! Her plane touches down around 1:30 this afternoon! YAY!

I am glad everyone had a great Christmas with family and friends! I hope everyone continues to enjoy their weekends with loved ones and I will be back later to check in and see how everyone is doing!

TTFN besties!

Vicki

Good Morning, Besties! :morcoffee

I hope you all had a most wonderful, magical Christmas. I hope Scooby is having a safe trip to see her buddy. I hope you all have a good boxing day. My goals for today: take care of the ballet studio while the teacher is out of town, and crochet hats. My back is killing me, and I am going to treat it as well as I can.

See you all later!:hug

Good morning Besties!

Joanne- How's the hat coming along? Sorry it's a soggy day there. We had lots of rain on Wednesday and Thursday. They even had a tornado warning right where my parents live. But nothing ever happened, thank God! Enjoy your DD's and a nice relaxing weekend!:hug

Vicki- Did DD have a good Christmas? I hope your sister has a nice flight. Enjoy your time with her!:hug

Beth- You poor thing with your back! I hope it feels better soon. Take it easy.:hug

Colleen- Congrats to you and your new CAL!! It's going to be so much fun!

Chat was fun last night girls! I really needed it. We'll have to schedule one for this week so we can have a New Year's party! If we wait 'til Friday it'll be too late!:eek

Well, not much going on here, and I'm not complaining! I am worn out! DD's having fun going from toy to toy, and I think I'll work on Dad's blanket a little. I'm itchin' to start something new though, so we'll see.

Have a great day everyone!! Love you!:manyheart

:hi everyone! I did not go to Michael's today. First of all, it was nice and warm and snug inside this morning and snowy/wet/cold outside. Second, I'm not completely sure of what I want to spend my gift card on, so I'm going to wait until I have a special idea in mind.

Today is a quiet, hang out around the house day and I am enjoying it! I finished MIL's scarf and plan to start on SIL's soon.

Vicki - Enjoy your sister's visit!

Beth - Take care of your back :hug

Joanne - Enjoy your DDs.

Shannon - Enjoy your :crocheting time.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Archived