Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

I finished the hat this morning. Then I couldn't resist the sale at Michael's- I'm becoming addicted to the scarves- and Homespun was on sale for $3.99 so I just had to have some more:lol

The two scarves I made have already been gifted, but I did take a pic of them. Also finished another one last evening.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Not sure when I'm going to see the DD's- middle DD called and she and BF and BF sister and hubby were going to the movies so probably not going to see her until later- Youngest DD may come over this afternoon, or else wait until her sister is coming over. Me, I'm going to register my Nook and download an e-book!!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:2hugGood Afternoon all,

OH I missed the chat:( I think a New Years Eve chat would be fun,

Hope everyone is recuperating from yesterday’s festivities :party and that everyone had a great Holiday.

Our house looks like Thomas the Train’s Island moved into our living room and my kitchen is a remote control car/truck track around my breakfast bar. Everyone here had a great day, kids opened gifts at 3 different houses, not including xmas eve birthday party at MILs, with the traditional pajamas to open.

I tried to start a hat for 2yo but cat is in a playful mood and won’t leave me alone, so I gave up. Coming down with a cold, glad is waited until after xams at least.

I’ll check back in later today, waiting for the cable man to show up our cable box died at 2am xmas morning.

Off to try the hat again,

tena

I've been sitting in my vibrating massage chair with a heating pad on my back, feet up, crocheting a hat for Hats off for Boxing Day CAL. I'm having a wonderful day. I stopped to eat lunch. Now back to my chair. I hope life is this good for all my besties today. Colleen, it sounds like a great day to be inside for you. We are having spring weather. I saw a girl in short short short shorts and barefeet outside. It's wet, but very warm. My poor bulbs will be confused and start growing. (It is in the 60's)

Joanne, I hope you get some good time with your dd's. Enjoy your time off. You certainly deserve it.

Shannon, if you go spend your gift card, let us know what you get. I showed you all my yarn! It will be a long time before I buy any more!

To the person who asked if lace weight is the same as baby weight or fingering, according to this manufacturer using knitting gauge, fingering is 27-29 stitches per inch, baby weight is 30-32 stitches per inch, and laceweight is 33-40 stitches per inch, so it's even finer.

Good morning!

Glad to hear that the kiddies had a great Christmas- Stacy's 3 DD's, Colleen's DD, Shannon's DD and Sarah's DS...Just realized Sarah- the DDs far outweigh the DS's!

Stacy- I saw on FB that Santa Jorge got you an ipod touch! I got one for christmas last year! I love it!

WTG on the Michael's gift card, Colleen- have fun shopping today! I am so tempted to go just because it's a sale and just because you can never have too much yarn!

Thinking of Scooby and her plans to travel to Wyoming to visit her friend Dorothy. Read that the midwest got blasted with a snowstorm. Safe Travels!

Here it is rainining (come and get it Stacy-LOL). So the ground is now showing and it is just yucky. Of course, my weekend off and it is supposed to rain all weekend!

Planning on seeing the DD's today and tomorrow we have nothing at all planned-it will be official rest, watch football, nap, crochet, get ready for the crazy week of work day!

Enjoy your Day after Christmas everyone! Hugs to all!

Keith is used to there being more girls then boys around him... He's got 5 cousins (and 1 on the way) and 3 of them are girls, and the one on the way is a girl also =0) Plus most of fiance's friends that have kids have girls... and though he hasn't met my sister's kids yet she's got 4 girls and a baby boy (about 6 months old)...

Here is a pic of my hat I made for the Boxing CAL and pics of three of the scarves with Homespun yarn. The pic of the two together were gifted already and the third...well, not sure--it might be mine!

post-27163-135897488796_thumb.jpg

post-27163-1358974888_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897488803_thumb.jpg

Afternoon. Finally got out of bed, all the cleaning before Christmas and then at fiance's grandma's house, plus sitting on the floor to wrap all the presents had my back really sore so I didn't sleep good. But since Keith has all the new toys to play w/ he was content to play while daddy worked on some of the dishes from last night so I was able to go back to sleep and now my back is feeling much better.

Hope everyone is having fun trying to decide what to get w/ their giftcards =0)

We're getting ready to head out to a friend of fiance and then to his mom to do Christmas there.

Here is a pic of my hat I made for the Boxing CAL and pics of three of the scarves with Homespun yarn. The pic of the two together were gifted already and the third...well, not sure--it might be mine!

very pretty

I'm the newest shawl lady. A wonderful woman here at the ville, Elle, makes shawls and sends them out every month In December she made 4 shawls to be delivered. I was sitting downstairs, the door bell rings, and it is the mailman with a package for me. I saw the return address and started shouting I"m a shawl lady. DH thought I lost my mind. It is perfect- and without further ado, here it is:

post-27163-135897489219_thumb.jpg

Congrats Joanne! That shawl is so nice, and what an honour for you! A potholder lady and a shawl lady :nworthy!

Your scarves are beautiful and your hat is so cute! What hat pattern is that?

Started SIL's scarf and had a nap. I am loving this day!

Joanne that is just beautlful how fortunate you are!!!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, I know we did here! The kids got UNO Spin,and we've had a good time playing it together!

Colleen, you had asked about my kids. They are just a bundle of pleasure for me!! All girls, 9,7 and 4 years old. Too smart for their own good and love watching me crochet. My oldest can even make a chain which is exciting!

They asked me this week to crochet them up some mittens, so I'm going to be working on that tonight. I have a mitten issue and tends to take me a couple hours to make a small pair, but the kids love them, so how can I say no??

I'll be around later, maybe with pictures of mittens, who knows. But I do have to clean out the fridge.

Well, Merry Christmas to you indeed, Joanne!! You are one lucky lady! What a wonderful surprise. And your hat and scarves are beautiful!! I may have to try that scarf pattern!

How nice that you got a nap in Colleen! DD has decided that she doesn't need those anymore. But I sure do!!

ChayaSar- Welcome to the girl club. Three of the girls here have 3 girls each! And a few of us have one or two. The poor boys are really outnumbered around here. Have fun making mittens. That's great that the girls are so interested in your crochet!!

Congrats Joanne! That shawl is so nice, and what an honour for you! A potholder lady and a shawl lady :nworthy!

Your scarves are beautiful and your hat is so cute! What hat pattern is that?

Started SIL's scarf and had a nap. I am loving this day!

I am using the pattern from LionBrand-called Apple Pie Hat-

I used Wool Ease Thick and Quick but I made it in the round instead of across with a seam.

I am having a great day! DDs are not coming over until tomorrow so I am enjoying a lazy rainy day crocheting!

Joanne that is just beautlful how fortunate you are!!!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, I know we did here! The kids got UNO Spin,and we've had a good time playing it together!

Colleen, you had asked about my kids. They are just a bundle of pleasure for me!! All girls, 9,7 and 4 years old. Too smart for their own good and love watching me crochet. My oldest can even make a chain which is exciting!

They asked me this week to crochet them up some mittens, so I'm going to be working on that tonight. I have a mitten issue and tends to take me a couple hours to make a small pair, but the kids love them, so how can I say no??

I'll be around later, maybe with pictures of mittens, who knows. But I do have to clean out the fridge.

I have three daughters too- except mine are all grown up. Mine are 30, 27 3/4 and 26! Enjoy them- they grow up so quick...and I'll be here for you for moral support when they are all teenagers!:yes

:waving...

Hi all you besties! :hug I just caught up on all your Christmases, and the chat last night. I am so happy that you all had a great holiday!

Not much going on around here, except for being "needed" every time I sit down:blush I miss you all, and hope that you are enjoying your families... I'll try to catch up with you all soon:hug:manyheart:hug

p.s. Joanne Congrats on being the Shawl Lady, and great work on your scarves and hats!

:hi LeaAnne! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your chickens. I guess your family needing you is their way of showing you they love you :manyheart

I love leftovers. It made today so easy and lazy :D I'm hoping to finish my SIL's scarf tonight and then I can work on something else.

I'm halfway done on another scarf. They are becoming addictive. But I think after I finish this, I need to complete DH's flannelghan! He asked me today how it was coming along. I told him only a few more blocks:devil. So I'd better get cracking on that.

I just realized I'll be working 12 days straight starting on Monday, so figure I'd better at least get a few more blocks done on the last strip.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day.

Colleen- you have been busy with the Caroling CAL- and I love how there is so much interest in it. This is going to be fun:yay

Joanne, your hat, scarves, and shawl are beautiful! Congrats on being a shawl lady. Usually, when someone calls me lady, there's the word "Crazy" and something else in there, as in crazy cat lady, crazy yarn lady, crazy crochet lady... you get the idea. Have fun! I'm crocheting hats. It's fun!!!

Joanne, your hat, scarves, and shawl are beautiful! Congrats on being a shawl lady. Usually, when someone calls me lady, there's the word "Crazy" and something else in there, as in crazy cat lady, crazy yarn lady, crazy crochet lady... you get the idea. Have fun! I'm crocheting hats. It's fun!!!

I love the hats you made! Hope your back is feeling better. I wish I had a massage chair, but I do like my comfy chair with ottomon! I'm finishing another one of the scarves and then I'll probably make another hat b4 going back to Dh's flannelghan.

I love the hats you made! Hope your back is feeling better. I wish I had a massage chair, but I do like my comfy chair with ottomon! I'm finishing another one of the scarves and then I'll probably make another hat b4 going back to Dh's flannelghan.

Your hook must be SMOKIN'! You go, girl!!!:cheer:cheer

Here are MIL and SIL's scarves. MIL's is on the left and it is made out of Painted Dessert. SIL's is on the right and it is Barrington (purple flecked with gorgeous jewel tones). This was my first time working with Homespun and I didn't mind working with it. Boy those ends fray fast! Colours are gorgeous.

post-12231-135897489369_thumb.jpg

I like the blue one, Joanne. Very pretty. That is three done in 5 days for me and I think I'll take a rest from scarves for a while, work on something else and try to figure out what I'm making for the Carol CAL.

Nice hats, Beth!

Archived