Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooo, I've been thinking about ChaySar's 2010 to-do list, and LeaAnne's idea about picking one big job to tackle to go with something on the to-do list. Here's my thought. Tomorrow night at the New Year's party, let's share our big to-do lists, crochet and cleaning. For example, when I get the guest room painted and DD's stuff moved in and finished, I will make her an afghan to match her new room. Not sure which pattern yet, but it's a goal.

So, what do you guys think? I'd love to know what everyone wants to make in 2010!!:party

Sorry I was busy working away while Shannon, Beth and LeaAnne all had such a nice chat!! Sometimes life just isn't fair:lol

Got out at 4:15 today and was home by about 10 to 5- to a quiet house!!! :clap DH took his grandsons to see Avatar today. I had wanted to go get a new pair of eyeglasses since i got home early (we have Flexible Spending Account $ that needs to get used or we lose it and it has to be done by 12/31/09). Of course, DH has the FSA card, not me! So, I guess it will be tomorrow that I go. It is soooooo cold out-and now that I am home in my comfy warm house I don't feel like going back out!

May Old Red "rust in pieces" Beth- sounds like you, DH and the inventions have been doing lots of decluttering and space building- just take it easy with your back, Ok? :hug Oh, and I :lol reading your post about how you "stuporvised" the re-arranging of furniture. Is there something we need to know?:lol:lol:lol

Shannon- so what won out- the "crohaying" or the cleaning? My bet is that "crohaying" won out!! I love Yarncats hat patterns- I've printed out quite a few- DD had picked out one of them, so that is next up on the things to finish (after DH's flannelghan). I need to have it done by the time I go to Boston!

LeaAnne- Good to hear from you- glad that the DK's are having lots of stayupovers, etc- the makings of a good vacation! Have fun in Vegas- I've never been either- and I would love to go sometime- I have heard it is a "cheap" vacation...and like you said...especially if you don't gamble!!! Hope you have a blast! I'm sure you can make a hat- Trust me, if I can make one, YOU can make one!!! :yes And Yarncat does have ones with flowers! DH did hear from the AVP last week and looks like they are very interested. AVP is on vacation for 2 wks and wanted DH to know they are very interested and not to worry if he doesn't hear from them for about 2 wks. DH is very optimistic that this will work out- only time will tell.

What time are you all planning to chat tomorrow night? I should be around- in my own corner of the family room on my comfy chair with my feet up on the ottomon. It is my only 'me' space, and I love it. Of course to have a craft room like Scooby would be perfect-ness, I'll settle for my chair with basket of yarn next to me.

Stacy- glad you had a fun time with Jorge- the ocean sounds wonderful right about know when it is about 20 deg Farenheit here- I think Isabella's birthday is tomorrow right? Or maybe it was today, but in any event....:birthday:cake:party to Isabella- wow 7 years old already! Loved your post on FB about your date- and that's all I'll say about it here:rofl

Vicki AND PAM!- So glad to meet you Pam- your sister is the best! I'm so glad that you are having a good time together and hope you and the DK's had fun at the pizza arcade today! Vicki- keeping fingers crossed for DH!

Everyone else- i'm thinking about you and hoping that all is well with each and everyone of you.

have a great night!:manyheart

:hi, Joanne! Sorry about your not getting your glasses, but thank goodness for warm houses, right? I will check out yarncat's patterns, and try one out:hug:hug Don't you go workin' too hard, ok?

Shannon - great idea about the list sharing... we could announce our "resolutions" or goals to start the new decade!

:hug

Good morning all! I have caught up with everything I missed! I missed a lot since I last posted about the interview. The cookies came out good according to DD and my DN. I will snack on them later. SHHHHH. Don't tell anyone! The mondel bread makes a great breakfast!

The weather says it is going to rain today. So we are taking the kids to Itz today, which is this pizza and play place. That should have fun.

I interrupt this post for a messge from the visiting sister. Good morning Crochetville!! I hope you are all doing well. We are having a nice visit here with Vicki. The kids are all playing nicely together and yesterday we had fun baking old favorites from when we were younger, and the calories didn't count so much. As Vicki said, today is pizza arcade day and tomorrow we are taking everyone out for dinner. Then, Thursday, we jet back to NY for a few days of getting ourselves back together before everyone has to go back to work and school. Well, Vicki just walked back into the room,so I now return you to your regularly registered poster.

George came to visit me late last night. I don't want to take anything because I don't want it to bother my stomach. I'll have to try it and see how I feel.

Colleen - I hope you find the part for your car and get it repaired quickly! Is DD enjoying her break?

Beth - How is your back feeling? I agree with Stacy; found space is great! I hope you are enjoying all of yours! I hope you are enjoying your crochet time!

Chayastar - Hope you enjoy getting involved in the ministry that you mentioned! It sounds like a wonderful group and it sounds like they do great things!

Mary - I hope you are not getting sick again. Please take care of yourself up there!

Joanne - 1 down, 11 to go! You can do it! Hope you have a great day at work! GO DELTA FORCE!

Sarah - Hope you find the yarn you are looking for? When you order online, where do you typically order from?

Shannon, LeaAnne, Frogger, Vickietoria, and Tena, have a great day and I will talk to you all later!

TTFN!

Vicki

I've never ordered yarn from on-line before, I've actually only bought 3 items on-line before.. a used book and from one place a blanket and a collector knife w/ an eagle on it...

Shannon, if you'd rather be :crocheting than cleaning, you are perfectly normal that's why we have this CAL any way, to motivate us to get through the cleaning so we can have fun!!!:crocheting:crocheting:hook:yarn:manyheart

I stuporvised some rearranging of furniture, and went through a basket of papers that needed a home. Now my dining room has a loveseat-sized storage ottoman in it (full of yarn... How did that ever happen?) and a file cabinet with a lamp on it beside it, so I have a nice, cozy place to curl up and crochet while everyone is asleep for those restless nights I have too often. We actuallly have a second chair in our room, so when the boys want to watch tv with their dad, at least one of them will have his smelly feet off my bed, and they won't be fighting over prime real estate on the bed. I haven't done any kitchen work. My back did complain a little about the work i did yesterday, but I am still glad I did it!!! My laundry room has never looked this good.

I am going to crochet. I need to start another hat.

:clap for getting furniture rearranged... we've been saying we're going to do that here... umm hasn't happened yet... I totally understand about restless nights, I've dealt w/ insomnia for years now so can totally understand about needing something or someplace to be when everyone is asleep...

ok.... so I have this :crocheting problem.... are you ready?

I can't make.... a Hat! :think:blush I just can't figure out why :shrug Is that weird?

lol the first wearable I ever did was a hat... and it's the only hat (or wearable for that matter) I've done LOL, keep saying I'm going to make myself one since the one I made was actually for my son but I've worn it more (don't know what it says that I can wear the same size hat as my 3 year old son....)

Hi Ladies, sorry I had to leave so suddenly. I had to rescue two men in distress. They took Old Red out to the hardware store, then out to luch, and it broke down. :cry for the last time. :cry I signed the title over to the mechanic who will junk it for us. :cry.

:(

so I've spent today playing w/ my son and putting together the workbench his grandma got him... it's by craftsman part of their my first craftsman series... had a total of 75 screws, wood pegs, nuts and washers... and around 16 pieces to put together... which w/ a 3 year old helping took about 3 hrs to put together LOL (could've been done in half that time by myself but wouldn't have been as much fun)

the several days in a row of Christmas and then the b-day party every year make him cranky cause he's not getting his nap and isn't getting to spend much time playing, so the first day after it's all over is spent just playing w/ him and his new toys and trying to get him back to his usual routine... plus not helped that he has a cold =0( though thankfully when he's sick he doesn't get cranky, he gets the cuddles

so hopefully tonight I'll get some crochet time now that my shoulders and back aren't hurting as much... it's been about 2 weeks since I picked up my crochet hook... it helps that we finally got a printer so I don't have to sit at the desk and crochet (not comfortable)

Ooh, I missed another chat! I hate it when I miss those impromtu chats! Those are the best ones! Anyway, I was at the pizza arcade when that one happened. The kids had a blast and my nephews seemed to really like it. They don't have anything like it up by them so it was a new experience for them.

My sister Pam is loving all the comments you all are sending her way! She loves that she has become part of the group in a small sort of way and I was reading the comments to her. She was laughing and loved it! Thanks gals! You all are the best!

Joanne - Glad to hear that you came home to a QUIET house! Hope you are able to get your glasses tomorrow!

Colleen - I don't know if I will be here for chat tomorrow. Tomorrow is Pam's last night here. I need to think about the big project though. That is a great idea! I have one started (my round ripple!), I just need to finish it!

Shannon - So glad to hear from you girl! I am glad that Janna is having fun at her grandmother's house and you were able to get some cleaning done today.

Beth - Sorry to hear about Old Red. May she rest (rust?) in peace. I hope your back is feeling better and that your inventions are continuing to help you so it doesn't bother you again. How is all that new yarn of yours?

LeaAnne - How are the chickens up by you? I hope all is well and that you are not too tired from all the stayup overs.

Sarah - Glad to hear that you were able to get the work bench together! Does Keith like it? I hope so!

Vickietoria, Jenn, Tena, Frogger, Stacy, and Mary, have a great rest of the night. We are sitting here watching Defiance with Daniel Craig. Those big beautiful blue eyes are nice eye candy to look at!

Have a great night all!

Vicki

Ooh, I missed another chat! I hate it when I miss those impromtu chats! Those are the best ones! Anyway, I was at the pizza arcade when that one happened. The kids had a blast and my nephews seemed to really like it. They don't have anything like it up by them so it was a new experience for them.

My sister Pam is loving all the comments you all are sending her way! She loves that she has become part of the group in a small sort of way and I was reading the comments to her. She was laughing and loved it! Thanks gals! You all are the best!

Joanne - Glad to hear that you came home to a QUIET house! Hope you are able to get your glasses tomorrow!

Colleen - I don't know if I will be here for chat tomorrow. Tomorrow is Pam's last night here. I need to think about the big project though. That is a great idea! I have one started (my round ripple!), I just need to finish it!

Shannon - So glad to hear from you girl! I am glad that Janna is having fun at her grandmother's house and you were able to get some cleaning done today.

Beth - Sorry to hear about Old Red. May she rest (rust?) in peace. I hope your back is feeling better and that your inventions are continuing to help you so it doesn't bother you again. How is all that new yarn of yours?

LeaAnne - How are the chickens up by you? I hope all is well and that you are not too tired from all the stayup overs.

Sarah - Glad to hear that you were able to get the work bench together! Does Keith like it? I hope so!

Vickietoria, Jenn, Tena, Frogger, Stacy, and Mary, have a great rest of the night. We are sitting here watching Defiance with Daniel Craig. Those big beautiful blue eyes are nice eye candy to look at!

Have a great night all!

Vicki

oh yeah he loves it... he hasn't stopped playing w/ it since I put it together...

Good morning everyone! It is a rainy Wednesday morning here. Lots of rain falling down here. I even saw some lightning flash! The pond and the pool are full!

I hope everyone has a great day. It is quiet here this morning. I will come back later and see how everyone's day is!

Vicki

:morcoffee

Good morning to all of you!:hug I got to try out the ottoman early this morning. I woke up because of a :headache. Next thing I know, my dh was up, getting tylenol for his :headache. I guess I was contagious???

Sarah, I buy LOTS of yarn on-line. I am addicted to sales. My Christmas present this year was a huge box of yarn from Herrschnerr's. I like to get a new yarn, something different, so I can see what it's like.

Vicki and Pam, good morning! What's on the plan for today? It sounds like you girls know how to have fun!!!

Joanne, I'm not a big one for keeping my resolutions. But I have some WIM's that I kind of need to get done this year. It's the housecleaning goals that will knock me on my badorkus! - btw, 2 down, 10 to go, and you are already at work, so the hard part is over!

LeaAnne, did you pick your hat pattern yet?

Shannon, Colleen, Mary, Scooby, Stacy, Jennifer, Tena, ChayaSar, Frogger, and all our other friends, have a fun day! I hope it's productive, with lots of good :crocheting time!

hello, and good almost noon to you all:devil

Not much going on here today as of yet. we just finished "brunch" and i just finished cleaning my kitchen. We are hoping to get out for a while today, but we'll see... Pete and Lindsey are not feeling well.

I hope I'll be here for chat tonight. It would be great to "see" everyone!

Well, that's about it for now... :hug:manyheart:hug to you all and I hope you have a terrific day!

...now, off to make my list, and find a hat pattern:D

:waving my besties!

Sarah- That workbench sounds adorable! Keith will have so much fun with it.

Vicki- I'm so glad you are having such a good time with your sister!! Tell her she's welcome anytime, she just has to take up :crocheting! :lol:lol:lol I hope she has a safe trip back to NY.

Beth- :hugs to you today! Good luck at the doctor and let us know how you're doing!

I did some cleaning yesterday, then my back started hurting. We went to MIL's for dinner. DD was supposed to spend the night, but I forgot her medicine, and by the time we got back there with it she wanted to come home with us. She was too tired. I think we're going to my parents' today. I may be a little late to the party tonight. It depends on DD. But I'm already working on my list for 2010, and I can't wait to hear everyone else's!!

Have a wonderful day all! Love ya!:manyheart

:morcoffee

Good morning to all of you!:hug I got to try out the ottoman early this morning. I woke up because of a :headache. Next thing I know, my dh was up, getting tylenol for his :headache. I guess I was contagious???

Sarah, I buy LOTS of yarn on-line. I am addicted to sales. My Christmas present this year was a huge box of yarn from Herrschnerr's. I like to get a new yarn, something different, so I can see what it's like.

Vicki and Pam, good morning! What's on the plan for today? It sounds like you girls know how to have fun!!!

Joanne, I'm not a big one for keeping my resolutions. But I have some WIM's that I kind of need to get done this year. It's the housecleaning goals that will knock me on my badorkus! - btw, 2 down, 10 to go, and you are already at work, so the hard part is over!

LeaAnne, did you pick your hat pattern yet?

Shannon, Colleen, Mary, Scooby, Stacy, Jennifer, Tena, ChayaSar, Frogger, and all our other friends, have a fun day! I hope it's productive, with lots of good :crocheting time!

I actually don't buy much yarn, I generally only buy around my b-day and christmas when I'm given money as presents, otherwise it's not in the budget unless it's one or two skeins of red heart SS, though if I can get a job I'll be able to get it more often (though first I need to save up to make a trip to WA to get the rest of my stuff down here, long story, and to go see my grandpa), and that also means I generally only buy yarns I've used before or if it's a new one it's on clearance for $1 or less... most of the yarn I have now I've had for years cause of moving around a lot I never really got a chance to use or from presents..

Beth- hope you are feeling better and the headache is gone...

Vicki- I don't know about you but I'm actually getting tired of the rain... our yard is pretty much a pond now... good thing we have some paving stones set out for a walkway to the shed and truck...

hope everyone has a good day... need to deal w/ laundry and getting all of Keith's new toys into his bedroom

OK :think:think:thinkI'm confused.

I thought the party/chat was scheduled for New Year's Eve., which is the day I have my doctor appointment. If the party/chat is for tonight, I may be able to come, depending on my darling children's plans for the computer. (One of these days, I'm going to join the modern age, and get my own laptop!) My kids "meet" with on-line friends to play games.

I spent the morning in the DMV waiting to turn in the plates of Old Red. I called the insurance company, and the local government, so I don't have to pay any more for it. Kind of sad. But I'm getting a small check back, so there may be my next yarn purchase! (Honey, I need the yarn to help me get through my mourning for my van! -- think he'll buy it?)

Archived