Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Sarah - yep, job hunting without a car is not fun... but going first to Hobby Lobby! :rofl... I like your style :wink

Shannon - do the smileys go like boing or something on the screen? I have a mental image of this really big: :neener

I dont' know why, but it struck me funny...

What did BigBob get us for snack, anyway?

well I've worked for JoAnns before... but there are none near enough for me to apply too...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure, LeaAnne! I'll have to go check the pantry. A snack sounds good. I do know that there are no margaritas here, just beer. What are you hungry for, and I'll see if we have it?

:bday:bday:birthdaydear Isabella, :bday I hope you and your family have had fun celebrating your birthday! Seven-Wow!!

:yay:yes:yay:yes :birthday, Isabella!

she's looking at doing hers either on a cruise ship or the day before the cruise leaves (didn't quite understand what she meant, just know she said that the guests would be able to go on the cruise w/ them if they wanted to but think they'd have to pay their own way) but I probably won't be going as I don't think I'll be able to manage it financially even if I do get a job cause the trip to WA to get my stuff is about $3000 when you figure in gas, U-Haul rental, food and lodging... when added to cost to go see my grandpa it puts her wedding out of the running.

:yes I can see why the wedding would get bumped. Those are some pretty good expenses you have coming up.

Yeah, they're really big. And you have to use your fingers on the screen to make it smaller. I'm not very good at that. Sister is having fun watching me fight with the screen while she plays Beatles guitar!

That would be a big expense Sarah. I hope you get to see your grandpa soon, and get your stuff. How long have you been in Texas?

Has anyone ever made a pillowcase before? I'm almost finished with the front of a snowflake square (the one Colleen sent us) and I'm not sure how to do the back. I'll just have to play with it 'til I like it I guess.

I gotta go, girls... DH is waiting for me to go to bed.

Thanks for the great party, Shannon!

Love you girls!

Have a great night, and I'll see you tomorrow!

We'll be home tomorrow night, too, with no big plans, so I will probly drop by

:hug:manyheart:hug Night!

That would be a big expense Sarah. I hope you get to see your grandpa soon, and get your stuff. How long have you been in Texas?

moved to Texas in 2002, moved out 2005 (to WA) moved back in 2006 (after fiance and I found out I was pregnant, he's from texas but we met in WA)

Has anyone ever made a pillowcase before? I'm almost finished with the front of a snowflake square (the one Colleen sent us) and I'm not sure how to do the back. I'll just have to play with it 'til I like it I guess.

Make a plain square the same size and whip stitch them together. that is the easiest way...

:xfin... and let me know tomorrow if you need more help, K? :hug

I gotta go, girls... DH is waiting for me to go to bed.

Thanks for the great party, Shannon!

Love you girls!

Have a great night, and I'll see you tomorrow!

We'll be home tomorrow night, too, with no big plans, so I will probly drop by

:hug:manyheart:hug Night!

goodnight

Thanks LeaAnne! I want it to be removable though. I want to try your idea with the buttons, just not sure how to go about it. We'll talk about it later.

Sweet dreams friends!

Wow Sarah, that's a lot of moving! I'll see you tomorrow.

lol that's only about 1/2 of the moving I've done... Moved from CA, to WA, to VA (with a sidetrip to South Carolina first when I tried to go in the army but couldn't make it physically), to TX, to WA, and back to TX lol

Good morning and Happy Last Day of 2009!!! Somehow for me doesn't feel like a holiday- not used to working on New Years Day! It will be wierd- I'm used to spending the day watching football...and of course the Winter Classic. Wonder if they'll have it? DD said they are forecasting rain for Boston and they won't play if it is raining!

Shannon- If you come to Long Island in the spring, you'll have to let me know. I'll be in LI March 6 weekend for my godmother's 80th birthday party!

Beth- good luck at the doctor today.

Vicki- Hope Pam gets off ok and has a safe trip back to NY!

Hope everyone has a great day today! I'll be thinking of you, wishing I were home working on a crochet project!!!

Thinking about my list:

Crochet:

Felting- I want to felt something- maybe a purse? I have about 10 skeins of Paton's Wool I had gotten on clearance that is begging to be felted.

Round Ripple- attempt one again-

Hats for the Boxing Day CAL- goal is 50 for the year

Around the house- continue to declutter and hopefully sell the house in spring and move!

Well, better go get ready for Day 4 of 12......:hug

Good morning! :morcoffee

Joanne, you are 1/3 of the way done with your l-o-n-g work week! Hooray!!!

Shannon, I'm sorry I missed chat. It was nice to read through, though. too bad I missed the champagne. Your dad knows how to cater a party, Shannon! And nice to have live music by your sis, too. :2rock

Sarah, I feel like I know you a little better now. I think it would be fun to work at Hobby Lobby, or Joanne's, or Michael's. I'd probably pick Michael's around here -- we don't have a local hobby lobby, and the joanne store isn't very yarn-oriented. Much more fabric and sewing stuff. Where did you live in Virginia? I'm in the south east corner, near Norfolk and Virginia Beach.

LeaAnne, a groupie, huh? I guess the Pete and Pete band must have some good looking guitarists.

Stacy, I hope Isabella had a magnificent :birthday. Knotts sounds like a great place to party.

Vicki, I hope you aren't missing your sister too much. It sounds like you had a great time with her. Thanks for sharing her with us. She sounds intelligent and full of fun -- like you!

Mary, I hope things are OK in your corner of heaven. We are thinking of you! Stay warm, dear friend!

Colleen, more warm wishes coming your way!

Scooby, I hope you aren't buried under all that snow! We miss hearing from you. I wonder what Josh is up to!!!

Tena, How are the grandkids? How are you?

Frogger, Vickietoria, Jennifer, and all our other friends, Happy New Year's Eve! Stay warm, and dry, and keep on :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:manyheart

Good morning everyone! I just got back from the airport and dropping my sister and her family off! I am sad to see them go, but it will be nice to have my house back to myself! It is snowing up in NY! Joanne, are you getting any snow? What about you LeaAnne?

I need to do some laundry and straighten up a little. I have to take something out for dinner. I am tired. As I predicted, I was tossing and turning last night. I really want a nap. It is sooooo foggy here too! It is like pea soup! Sarah, is it really bad by you?

Anyway, I need to go back and read what I missed during the chat last night. I will come back later and see what I missed. Have a great day all and Joanne, you are on day 4! Keep it up! You can do it!

TTFN!

Vicki

morning, everyone!

Vicki - I hope Pam has a safe trip home... you should tell her to pop by and say :hi once in a while... It warmed my heart to see that you had such a nice visit:manyheart

Shannon - cheese doodles really are the best compliment to caviar! :rofl. Please tell BigBob :ty for spoiling us!:D I hope you and Sis had fun jammin to the Beatles after I left last night!

Joanne - WTG on getting to day 4 of 12! I hope you get to watch a couple of college bowl games in between your work-ness! I would also like to learn to felt this year. It looks like fun!

Sarah - Wow! You have moved a lot. You must be a very brave young lady... I tip my hat to you, as I don't think I could go that far from home:hug I am glad that you have joined this gang! I hope today is wonderful for you.

Beth - I tried to lookup the afghan you want to make, but it got asterisked?! What is the name of it, so we can go see? Oh, and yes, my guitarists are pretty darned cute:devil

Stacy, Colleen, Mary, Scooby, Tena, Judy, ChayaSar, Frogger, Jenn, Victoria... .I hope you are all warm, healthy, happy and safe, enjoying the last day of a decade!

We are going to see the Chipmunks movie today, then Barnes and Noble, and then all 3 of my DD's will be going to sleepovers! My guys and I are going to go bowling early (i think that's what i heard:devil), then come home to watch some football.

what are you up to tonight???

:hug:hug to each and every one of you, and a big :ty for being here! I love you all more than you know:U

Archived