Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Beth- glad the doc appointment came out good...

braved the roads and went out shopping... wasn't too bad when I left but drivers were starting to get crazy when I headed home... spent some of my christmas money... bought a book, then some cookies and a coke to sit and eat/drink while I read, then bought one skein of homespun yarn in Pearl to see if it will work for an idea I have for 3 skeins of clearance yarn I bought at hobby lobby... think I'll do 2 rounds of the clearance yarn and then either 2, 3 or 4 of the homespun in granny squares around that... and see if I'm able to make an afghan that way or if I need to do some that are just the pearl color to make it big enough... we'll see... spent some of it on Keith and got him some blackout curtains for his room... he's needed curtains for awhile but finding ones that weren't ugly or clashed w/ his bedding was hard... but I managed to find some at ROSS. so he no longer has a blanket hung over his window...

Keith has the kitchen broom and is running around "sweeping" the floor... which consists of him stradling the broom and dragging it around, and then turning it around so that the bristles are in the air...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, I'm going to catch up on posts in a little bit, but I've started a blog to keep me accountable for the Charity Crocheting that I mentioned doing in the new year. You can check it out the link is in my signature, and maybe cheer me on as I go along. I've had a great time so far feeling like I'm getting to know everyone, and I just know 2010 will be better than 2009....trust me, it HAS to be!

Love you all, have a great night and I'll talk to you NEXT YEAR!!!! :yay

Hey girlies, I'm back!

Sarah, your project sounds interesting! Can't wait to see if it works out for you. I love Ross!

Ok, so I've been working on my New Year's commitments. The major thing is that I want to lose my c-section belly. :blush I got rid of it after I had Mia but of course it returned after Eva. I won't commit to a certain diet or exercise regimen, but Jorge and I have talked about it and I am finally getting a membership to the gym. :clap I also plan to take the girls to the library more often, and to read more, myself. Also, I will plan ahead for Christmas. I say that every year, but I am telling you all, so I will be accountable this year. :wink

On the crochet front, I want to make a blanket for Eva, because the other two have several and the one I made "for her" is in the closet somewhere (ended up not liking how it came out.) I will try to work from my stash and cut that down before buying more yarn. (With the exception of SIL's ghan, for which I still need to buy more purple.) :tup Won't say anymore right now as I don't want to set myself up for failure. :lol

Time to get the girls in the shower, then dinner. If I don't check in, Happy New Year :party and consider yourselves all hugged. :hug

stacy great goals for 2010!!!! My mom bought my kids a Wii for their birthdays and it'll be here in January, we're getting one of the fitness games for it, I like the EASports one, and I want me and my girls be more active in the coming year. I won't diet, as soon as I say I won't eat something it makes me want it more, but I WILL excercise!!!! It makes you feel so good once you get up and do it, and I want my kids to see that!!!

Sarah - I can't wait to hear that your experiment with the Homespun worked out! (did you notice that postive thinkin' i sent? :lol) Sounds like you had a wonderful day! :U

Beth _ Awesome news about your doctor's appointment:woo:dance:applause When does your yarn for that afghan arrive? Are you playing anything fun with your new yarn from Christmas?

Chaya - :hi! I am with you hoping that 2010 is better than 09... the best thing that happened to me this year was meeting this group! (oh! and my quit-ness) I also wanted to let you know that I have officially signed up as 1 of your cheerleaders:cheer:cheer I am your 1st follower on your blog. You are an inspiration... doing for others.:hug:hug

Everyone:

I, too, wanted to send out some NewYear's hugs and wishes to you all....my dearest of friends and "sisters"... YOU ROCK! :2rock

I'm doing great! I have 3 girls they are right now 8,6 and 4.... but by Jan 31 they will be 9,7 and 4! They're getting so big, and right now have determined this WILL BE THE YEAR they make it till midnight!!!!!!

We have Sparkling Cherry drink of they make it, :rofl

I just spent 2 hours on a hat- and didn't finish thanks to the tangles/knots in the yarn. I just finished writing to Caron- it was their simply soft and this is the 2nd time this happened to me. I'm willing to mail it back to them- It was very frustrating- crochet, untangle, crochet, untangle, crochet, untangle....I don't have time for this. I should have finished a hat in 2 hours!:yes

awwww.... that's so cool! Tell them I am :cheer:cheer:cheerfor all of them to make it!!!! They are at really fun ages. Are they good friends? My girls are 13, 11, and 10. my son is 8.

Oh joanne that's awful! I hate when i get a bad batch of yarn that usually works so well for me, hopefully they'll fix it for you!!! I remember having a problem with RH once and they sent me like 6 skeins to make up for it!!!!

I promise not to let having "followers" go to my head :lol

Love the sparkling cherry soda! Lots of us with three girls- me, LeaAnne, Stacy...well I guess that's it...LOL, but Shannon has a girl, Colleen has a girl, Vicki has a girl, Mary has a girl (or does she have 2 DD's?) Beth has a girl

I love this saying that is in your siggy

"If your plan is for one year, plant rice;

If your plan is for 10 years, plant trees;

If your plan is for 100 years, educate children"

~Confucius

LeAnne- They are THICK AS THIEVES!!!!!! I hope that never changes, sisters can be such a blessing. My older sister and I were not close at all growing up, and now that we're grown and have kids of our own we've become best friends, I'd be so lost without her!!! When my girls argue I'm always telling them "cherish your sisters you have no idea how lucky you are that you have someone who will forever be in your corner and back you up!!"

JoAnne, I used to homeschool my girls, it was my mantra to get me through the days I couldn't get through to my oldest, lol

I just spent 2 hours on a hat- and didn't finish thanks to the tangles/knots in the yarn. I just finished writing to Caron- it was their simply soft and this is the 2nd time this happened to me. I'm willing to mail it back to them- It was very frustrating- crochet, untangle, crochet, untangle, crochet, untangle....I don't have time for this. I should have finished a hat in 2 hours!:yes

geesh... that's frustrating.... my mother refuses to work from the skein for that reason. She rolls everything into balls. I don't know... it's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other to me. It seems like all of that ball winding would drive me :loco

What are your hours tomorrow? so you get a short day? I hope so... Have you been well? I have missed you girls sooo much!

Chaya- my three daughters are very close to each other- and they are each so different, but they enjoy a special bond and that warms my heart. Now that they are adults, they are my friends as well as daughters and I cherish time spent with them! Oh, thinking about that just de-stressed from the tangled-ness of my yarn encounter tonight:manyheart

:cheer:yay glad to help you destress!!!

I'm like that with my mom now, we're very close, so much more than we were when i was a bratty self involved teenager!! I go to her for advice, counsel, support, love, and we talk about things I never in a million years thought I'd talk to my mom about! It's pretty cool though knowing she sees me as a woman and not a little kid, that she views me as a confidant!

I have to go into work at noon. They are ordering dinner at 4- don't know when we are getting out. I have to go into work on Sat at 8 and on Sunday at 9.

I am holding up ok- but miss having time to unwind. I was so excited to make a hat tonight- and then all the tangles. Didn't the yarn know that I am on a limited crochet schedule?:lol

Archived