Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK :think:think:thinkI'm confused.

I thought the party/chat was scheduled for New Year's Eve., which is the day I have my doctor appointment. If the party/chat is for tonight, I may be able to come, depending on my darling children's plans for the computer. (One of these days, I'm going to join the modern age, and get my own laptop!) My kids "meet" with on-line friends to play games.

I spent the morning in the DMV waiting to turn in the plates of Old Red. I called the insurance company, and the local government, so I don't have to pay any more for it. Kind of sad. But I'm getting a small check back, so there may be my next yarn purchase! (Honey, I need the yarn to help me get through my mourning for my van! -- think he'll buy it?)

lol it's worth a try =0)

Hi Beth! The party is tonight, just in case anyone has plans with their IRLs. (not me) How's your headache?

lol we don't have much of a plan... watch Harry Potter and the Half Blood prince and time it so that it'll finish just in time ring in the new year...

Hi Ladies

I think my brain is still not working, What list do we need to make?

Iam not too sure if I can make it tonight. If I don't make it I hope you all have fun. I will have to catch up tomorrow.

I got 2 loads of laundry done and I still have 2 more to go. I will do those tomorrow morning while Iam catching up on posts.

Talk to you later

:hug:manyheart

Hi, everyone!

My, it's been quiet here today....

I hope that everyone had a great day.

Mary - the list I am working on is for what :crocheting projects I would like to tackle this year. Also, I am working on a list of extra household projects that I hope to accomplish. I think ChayaSar was suggesting a "wish list" of crochet projects/time.

I'll try to be back a little later on...

who's coming to the New Year's Eve-eve chat?

luv you guys! :manyheart

:birthday:bday to Isabella!!!

HI everyone!!!

Last evening while it was nice and quiet, I took a nap- didn't wake up till about 8PM when DH and his grandsons came home from the movies- they saw Avatar in 3D and all three of them couldn't stop talking about how much they loved it. The grandsons stayed over night and this AM I didn't want to wake them, so didn't come on to the computer. Well day 3 of 12 is over!!!

I left work at 3:30 today so I could go and order my new eyeglasses they'll be ready in about 10 business days- I think they are kind of neat- Dh said he liked them, so that is good. They are wire=frames with a touch of purple- I like the way they set off my blue eyes. After we ordered the eyeglasses, DH took me to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's which was very nice.

I'll try to be here tonight- I plan to work on the flannelghan (which I didnt work on last night since I took a nap)

I was trying to add a smiley and the computer just froze- but only on the ville, not on any other sites. Wierd- there must have been some hangup here. I copied the post and then was able to get back on in about 5 minutes. I'll try and be back later:hug

HI gang! I am sooooooo tired! I can't wait to go to bed! I need to get up early tomorrow since I need to take Pam and her family back to the airport. They are leaving to go home tomorrow. She wanted to come on and say good bye to you all. Hold on...

Good evening, ladies of Chrochetville!! My family and I will be winging our way back to New York tomorrow morning, so I thought that I would pop over and say good bye to you all. Vicki has nothing but nice things to say about you all and it's nice to know that I am leaving her in the good hands of supportive friends. Take care and a very happy New Year to all of you. BTW, do any of you cross stitch? That is my hobby of choice!

Pam

I am sad to see my sister go, but it is time. It will be nice to get my house back in order. I need to strip the beds and all that. We are going to start taking down the Christmas decorations tomorrow also.

Sarah - Yes, I am tired of the rain also. Just think, we are supposed to get more on Sunday! But it is supposed to be nice tomorrow and sunny on Friday, so maybe it will dry out a little before the rain comes back. I hope so! I need to back wash the pool before the next round of rain!

Joanne - How did day 3 go? Glad to hear you were able to get your glasses ordered!

LeaAnne - How are the chickens feeling tonight? Are they ok? I hope so. It is not fun to be sick on their vacation! Give them lots of hugs and kisses and tell them I hope they feel better!

Shannon - How is Miss Janna feeling? Is she enjoying her Christmas? Sorry to hear she did not sleep over her grandmother's house. Maybe another night?

Beth - How is your head feeling? Are you feeling better tonight? I love the idea of using the refund on Old Red for yarn money! That would be a good way to remember him by! Let us know how the doctor appointment goes!

Mary - I hope your brain starts to feel better soon! You have me worried. Are you feeling okay?

Tena - How are the DGK? Are they recovering from what Santa brought them?

Stacy - Happy birthday to Isabella! I hope she had a great day!

I will most likely not be here for the chat. I will probably be falling asleep in my chair. I am tired. I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up at 4 in the morning and never went back to sleep! The rain woke me. I just laid there and listened to it. And I know that since I have to get up tomorrow to take Pam to the airport I will be clock watching, so I won't sleep well tonight. Ugh!

Have a great night all and I will come and see you all on the flip side!

TTFN!

Vicki

HI gang! I am sooooooo tired! I can't wait to go to bed! I need to get up early tomorrow since I need to take Pam and her family back to the airport. They are leaving to go home tomorrow. She wanted to come on and say good bye to you all. Hold on...

Good evening, ladies of Chrochetville!! My family and I will be winging our way back to New York tomorrow morning, so I thought that I would pop over and say good bye to you all. Vicki has nothing but nice things to say about you all and it's nice to know that I am leaving her in the good hands of supportive friends. Take care and a very happy New Year to all of you. BTW, do any of you cross stitch? That is my hobby of choice!

Pam

I am sad to see my sister go, but it is time. It will be nice to get my house back in order. I need to strip the beds and all that. We are going to start taking down the Christmas decorations tomorrow also.

Sarah - Yes, I am tired of the rain also. Just think, we are supposed to get more on Sunday! But it is supposed to be nice tomorrow and sunny on Friday, so maybe it will dry out a little before the rain comes back. I hope so! I need to back wash the pool before the next round of rain!

Joanne - How did day 3 go? Glad to hear you were able to get your glasses ordered!

LeaAnne - How are the chickens feeling tonight? Are they ok? I hope so. It is not fun to be sick on their vacation! Give them lots of hugs and kisses and tell them I hope they feel better!

Shannon - How is Miss Janna feeling? Is she enjoying her Christmas? Sorry to hear she did not sleep over her grandmother's house. Maybe another night?

Beth - How is your head feeling? Are you feeling better tonight? I love the idea of using the refund on Old Red for yarn money! That would be a good way to remember him by! Let us know how the doctor appointment goes!

Mary - I hope your brain starts to feel better soon! You have me worried. Are you feeling okay?

Tena - How are the DGK? Are they recovering from what Santa brought them?

Stacy - Happy birthday to Isabella! I hope she had a great day!

I will most likely not be here for the chat. I will probably be falling asleep in my chair. I am tired. I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up at 4 in the morning and never went back to sleep! The rain woke me. I just laid there and listened to it. And I know that since I have to get up tomorrow to take Pam to the airport I will be clock watching, so I won't sleep well tonight. Ugh!

Have a great night all and I will come and see you all on the flip side!

TTFN!

Vicki

as wet as we are it won't be long enough to keep it from turning into a pond again on Sunday, hope you can get some sleep tonight =0) :hug glad your visit w/ your sister went well

I won't be here for chat tonight either, but I wanted to share my big crochet and household goals for 2010...

For crochet, i want to make an afghan for my other SIL for Christmas. She says her colors are beige, blue, and burgundy. I found this afghan on CPC. http://www.*********************/crochet/mortil.html What do you think?

For the house, I need to finish the bathroom and my dd's room. I need to sand all the painted wood trim and repaint.

I have some smaller goals for crochet for 2010: make a total of 50 hats for the brain surgery patients, finish Amanda's shrug, finish my poncho, make at least 2 sweaters and several wraps, make new pot holders, and keep up with the Christmas Carol CAL. Oh, and I brought home a skein of wool yarn that was milled in Virginia today. I think I could make a nice bag out of it, then felt it.

Enjoy your chat, ladies! I am exhausted from sleeping badly last night and hanging out at the DMV all morning.

I won't be here for chat tonight either, but I wanted to share my big crochet and household goals for 2010...

For crochet, i want to make an afghan for my other SIL for Christmas. She says her colors are beige, blue, and burgundy. I found this afghan on CPC. http://www.*********************/crochet/mortil.html What do you think?

For the house, I need to finish the bathroom and my dd's room. I need to sand all the painted wood trim and repaint.

I have some smaller goals for crochet for 2010: make a total of 50 hats for the brain surgery patients, finish Amanda's shrug, finish my poncho, make at least 2 sweaters and several wraps, make new pot holders, and keep up with the Christmas Carol CAL. Oh, and I brought home a skein of wool yarn that was milled in Virginia today. I think I could make a nice bag out of it, then felt it.

Enjoy your chat, ladies! I am exhausted from sleeping badly last night and hanging out at the DMV all morning.

hope you sleep better tonight :hug

Hello everyone!

DD is still awake and I am the only one here. I thought I would have babysitters, but they all went up to the restaurant. So, I will be late. She's in bed now so hopefully it won't be too long.

Love you guys and see you in a bit!!

Hello everyone!

DD is still awake and I am the only one here. I thought I would have babysitters, but they all went up to the restaurant. So, I will be late. She's in bed now so hopefully it won't be too long.

Love you guys and see you in a bit!!

I'm here...

HI Sarah! I am here too- I have been fighting with yarn tonight- I'm trying to finish my Dh's flannelghan and the yarn doesn't want to cooperate! Tangles and knots and I was getting really frustrated. Only 1 block left to go and then I can put it together.

Beth- your list sounds good- but the link doesn't work so I can't comment on the ghan you want to make for your other SIL. You have quite an ambitious year planned

Vicki-It was a pleasure meeting Pam and I hope they have a safe trip back to the NY tomorrow! Can't believe that you have your pool open year round- that seems foreign to me living here in NJ- we only have ours open June-Sept (and this year cause of all the rain in June, we ended up not even opening it)

HI Sarah! I am here too- I have been fighting with yarn tonight- I'm trying to finish my Dh's flannelghan and the yarn doesn't want to cooperate! Tangles and knots and I was getting really frustrated. Only 1 block left to go and then I can put it together.

cool. is that the one that looks like plaid? can't wait to see it, especially if it's the one I'm thinking of that I have on my to-do list

lol I actually don't mind tangles and knots, find it weirdly relaxing to untangle or get the knots out...

cool. is that the one that looks like plaid? can't wait to see it, especially if it's the one I'm thinking of that I have on my to-do list

lol I actually don't mind tangles and knots, find it weirdly relaxing to untangle or get the knots out...

Yes, it is= it is by RoseRed-there was actually a CAL on this posted from a year or so ago. I am making it in claret and lace (actually the colors are like burgandy and beige)

I don't have patience for knots/tangles, especially when I have so little time to :crocheting and I want to finish something. Sometimes, I find it stress-relieving. Tonight I was getting more stressed:lol

Yes, it is= it is by RoseRed-there was actually a CAL on this posted from a year or so ago. I am making it in claret and lace (actually the colors are like burgandy and beige)

I don't have patience for knots/tangles, especially when I have so little time to :crocheting and I want to finish something. Sometimes, I find it stress-relieving. Tonight I was getting more stressed:lol

ok that's the one I was thinking of... but the color changing kind of intimidates me...

I would love to stay and chat, but I am getting tired and I still have a lot of days of work ahead of me.

Have a great night everyone!

goodnight hope you sleep well :hug

The color- changing is easy- trust me, if I can do it, you can do it. I was intimidated by using 2 strands at the same time since i had never done that, but it is easy. I hope that tomorrow night I can finish (without any tangles). Then next weekend when I am off, I'll put it togther and take care of all the ends.

I am anxious to work on hat and scarf I promised my DD that I would bring when I visit her in Boston mid January

Archived