Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Good morning!

Thanks for the chat last night LeaAnne and Sarah! I had fun!

Joanne- After today you'll be 1/3 of the way done!:woo You can do it! We're here for you! Your 2010 list sounds great!!

Beth- Good luck at the doctor today. :hug Let us know.

Vicki- I'm so glad you had such a nice time with your sister. You're twins, right? Are you identical? I hope Pam and her family have a safe trip home!

I'm going to try to make it to Michael's today. I need more yarn for my snowflake square. And I'm so ready to use my gift card.

I tried to teach my sister how to make a granny square last night. We didn't do too well. It's hard since I'm a lefty and she's a righty. But we'll get it. She caught on to the dc incredibly quick! I'm so proud!!

Have a great and safe New Year's Eve everyone!! Anyone got any big plans tonight??? Love you all!!:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning and Happy Last Day of 2009!!! Somehow for me doesn't feel like a holiday- not used to working on New Years Day! It will be wierd- I'm used to spending the day watching football...and of course the Winter Classic. Wonder if they'll have it? DD said they are forecasting rain for Boston and they won't play if it is raining!

Shannon- If you come to Long Island in the spring, you'll have to let me know. I'll be in LI March 6 weekend for my godmother's 80th birthday party!

Beth- good luck at the doctor today.

Vicki- Hope Pam gets off ok and has a safe trip back to NY!

Hope everyone has a great day today! I'll be thinking of you, wishing I were home working on a crochet project!!!

Thinking about my list:

Crochet:

Felting- I want to felt something- maybe a purse? I have about 10 skeins of Paton's Wool I had gotten on clearance that is begging to be felted.

Round Ripple- attempt one again-

Hats for the Boxing Day CAL- goal is 50 for the year

Around the house- continue to declutter and hopefully sell the house in spring and move!

Well, better go get ready for Day 4 of 12......:hug

hope your day is a good one, where are you moving to?

Good morning! :morcoffee

Sarah, I feel like I know you a little better now. I think it would be fun to work at Hobby Lobby, or Joanne's, or Michael's. I'd probably pick Michael's around here -- we don't have a local hobby lobby, and the joanne store isn't very yarn-oriented. Much more fabric and sewing stuff. Where did you live in Virginia? I'm in the south east corner, near Norfolk and Virginia Beach.

The JoAnn I worked at was one of the JoAnn's Etc so they had a HUGE yarn section. I lived in Norfolk. I was staying w/ my sister and her husband at the time and they were both in the Navy at that time stationed there....

Good morning everyone! I just got back from the airport and dropping my sister and her family off! I am sad to see them go, but it will be nice to have my house back to myself! It is snowing up in NY! Joanne, are you getting any snow? What about you LeaAnne?

I need to do some laundry and straighten up a little. I have to take something out for dinner. I am tired. As I predicted, I was tossing and turning last night. I really want a nap. It is sooooo foggy here too! It is like pea soup! Sarah, is it really bad by you?

Anyway, I need to go back and read what I missed during the chat last night. I will come back later and see what I missed. Have a great day all and Joanne, you are on day 4! Keep it up! You can do it!

TTFN!

Vicki

glad you had a nice visit w/ your sister. Yeah the fog is pretty bad here, I had considered going to town to take Keith to the mall to play and run some energy out of him but not when the fog is this bad... and if it's this bad at almost 10 I hate to think what it was like when fiance went to work...

Hi everyone!

My afghan that I am going to make now (I just ordered the yarn from joanne's.) is found at CPC it's the moroccan tile afghan and pillow, only without the pillow. I'm sorry the link didn't work.

I bought Caron pounders in claret, lace, azure, and cape cod blue. I have midnight blue left over from another project for the dark blue, and I'm just using lace, not "ecru and tan." I'm hoping the claret looks more maroon/burgundy in real life than it does on my monitor. Our colors are pretty far off.

Shannon, good luck teaching your sister to crochet! It would be a challenge to teach a right-hander to crochet when you're left handed. I have a friend who is left-handed, and only knows a couple stitches. She's hoping that I can teach her some more, and teach her right-handed children. Biggest problem (besides lack of time) is that her children are quite young, and don't have the dexterity for it, or the ability to sit still for more than a minute!

LeaAnne, I kind of thought your guitarists were good-looking from your attachment to them. :wink We have the wii rock band. I LOVE to pound on the drums. It is SO much fun -- good therapy, too. Sounds like you are going to have a fun night. I'm planning on chilling with my family. Nothing major.

Sarah, :hi. You posted while I'm trying to get my words on the page here.

Vicki, let us know when Pam gets home safely. I will worry about her traveling in pea soup and snow! It was so nice to meet her. I understand about being a little sad, but a little relieved to get your house back. I have about a 3 day limit for people visiting me, and a 4 day limit for me visitng someone else.

OK, everyone, practice for tomorrow - 2010, 2010, 2010, 2010. Where is time going???

Love you all!:manyheart

The JoAnn I worked at was one of the JoAnn's Etc so they had a HUGE yarn section. I lived in Norfolk. I was staying w/ my sister and her husband at the time and they were both in the Navy at that time stationed there....

Cool -- how long ago was that? We were almost neighbors, if it was less than 20 years ago! (I am assuming you are quite young, since your son is only 3.) I'm in Hampton, across the water.

morning, everyone!

Vicki - I hope Pam has a safe trip home... you should tell her to pop by and say :hi once in a while... It warmed my heart to see that you had such a nice visit:manyheart

Shannon - cheese doodles really are the best compliment to caviar! :rofl. Please tell BigBob :ty for spoiling us!:D I hope you and Sis had fun jammin to the Beatles after I left last night!

Joanne - WTG on getting to day 4 of 12! I hope you get to watch a couple of college bowl games in between your work-ness! I would also like to learn to felt this year. It looks like fun!

Sarah - Wow! You have moved a lot. You must be a very brave young lady... I tip my hat to you, as I don't think I could go that far from home:hug I am glad that you have joined this gang! I hope today is wonderful for you.

Beth - I tried to lookup the afghan you want to make, but it got asterisked?! What is the name of it, so we can go see? Oh, and yes, my guitarists are pretty darned cute:devil

Stacy, Colleen, Mary, Scooby, Tena, Judy, ChayaSar, Frogger, Jenn, Victoria... .I hope you are all warm, healthy, happy and safe, enjoying the last day of a decade!

We are going to see the Chipmunks movie today, then Barnes and Noble, and then all 3 of my DD's will be going to sleepovers! My guys and I are going to go bowling early (i think that's what i heard:devil), then come home to watch some football.

what are you up to tonight???

:hug:hug to each and every one of you, and a big :ty for being here! I love you all more than you know:U

It wasn't so bad cause w/ the exception of TX each time I moved I stayed w/ family. I still get homesick sometimes but Grandpa (grandparents raised us) sold the house my sister and I grew up in not long after Grandma died. I really miss the mountains and trees living here in TX... I'm glad I joined this group also. :hug

Hope you enjoy the movie and trip to B&N, that your DD's have fun at their sleepovers and you have fun going bowling.. =0)

Good morning!

Thanks for the chat last night LeaAnne and Sarah! I had fun!

Joanne- After today you'll be 1/3 of the way done!:woo You can do it! We're here for you! Your 2010 list sounds great!!

Beth- Good luck at the doctor today. :hug Let us know.

Vicki- I'm so glad you had such a nice time with your sister. You're twins, right? Are you identical? I hope Pam and her family have a safe trip home!

I'm going to try to make it to Michael's today. I need more yarn for my snowflake square. And I'm so ready to use my gift card.

I tried to teach my sister how to make a granny square last night. We didn't do too well. It's hard since I'm a lefty and she's a righty. But we'll get it. She caught on to the dc incredibly quick! I'm so proud!!

Have a great and safe New Year's Eve everyone!! Anyone got any big plans tonight??? Love you all!!:manyheart

you're welcome, I had fun also. :hug Have fun yarn shopping. Granny Squares were the first thing I taught myself when I started learning to do stitches beyond the single and double crochet grandma had taught my sister and I =0) Our plan here is just to watch Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince until just before Midnight... after we put Keith in bed early though cause he's too young yet to be up until midnight (we don't need cranky child for the first day of the new year)

Cool -- how long ago was that? We were almost neighbors, if it was less than 20 years ago! (I am assuming you are quite young, since your son is only 3.) I'm in Hampton, across the water.

it was in 2002 for a few months, yes I'm only 30

Hi Ladies

I hope everyone is having a great day. Iam glad to hear almost everyone is staying home. At this time of year I always worry about the drunks that are out there driving. I wouldn't want any drunks hurting my bestest friends.

I want to wish everyone a happy new year. For those of you who have had a bad year, I pray 2010 brings peace, love and hope to everyone.

You are the best friends ever.

:hug:manyheart

Hey ladies!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Isabella. That girl is having quite the birthday week! We went to Knott's on Tuesday and had a blast. Eva thought it was the absolute coolest thing ever when we met Snoopy. She kept pointing and screaming. :rofl Yesterday we went to the Science Center and the Natural History Museum. Hot dogs for dinner at the request of the birthday girl, and she got a DS with a couple games for her birthday. Today my dad is taking her birthday shopping (he always takes them to the store and lets them pick what they want) and Jorge's dad gave her $$ that she wants to use for another game. Saturday is the "family party" where we will play mini golf and have a bbq. :whew

I'm sorry I missed out on the chat but I *think* I got caught up.

Pam- it was so nice to meet you and I'm glad that you had fun with your Sis and her family. :manyheart

Vicki, same to you- I'm so happy for you that you got to see your sister and her family, and that you all had such fun together. Any word about that job interview?

Leanne- I :manyheart your siggy. WTG girl- we are so proud of you!! Have fun bowling with your guys tonight. As for your hat-making- it took me a LONG time to get the hang of hats. You can do it!

Mary- I hope that you are doing well and that you are feeling better. Hugs and love to you. :hug

Shannon- how did you do with the cleaning? I hope your back is feeling better. How is little Janna-ness today? WTG to Sister on learning the dc! :clap I've heard lots of people say they learned with a granny square but I couldn't do it until about a year after I learned everything else. :lol

Sarah, have fun watching the movie. I :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart the HP books but haven't brought myself to watch the movies yet. I just can't imagine that they can compare to the details of the books. I do want to watch HBP, though- Roomie says it is by far the best of the movies.

Joanne, I'm glad you found glasses you like. I have the worst time choosing frames. Gotta love that FSA- last year, we had almost $100 left and I went to Target and stocked up on Tylenol, band-aids, Neosporin, etc. This year we used it a bit too much and ran out in August. :lol

Beth, I'm so sorry to hear about Old Red! May she rust in peace. :lol:xfin that your appointment went well. :hug I had a good :heehee at that ottoman- how in the world did it fill up with yarn so quickly? :lol The afghan you picked is very lovely. I can't wait to see it once you finish it. :manyheart

Colleen, I hope you are enjoying your mini-vacation. :hug

Dh and Roomie are having a Lost marathon today. I am supposed to be watching too, so I'll be all caught up by the time the season starts, but I am just not into it today. I think I will go shopping with my dad and Isabella. I have one thing to return anyway, and I want to get some new boots.

Well I am going to scoot. Be back later! I will post my goals then. I still have to think a bit. Hope everyone stays safe on this New Years Eve!

Hey ladies!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Isabella. That girl is having quite the birthday week! We went to Knott's on Tuesday and had a blast. Eva thought it was the absolute coolest thing ever when we met Snoopy. She kept pointing and screaming. :rofl Yesterday we went to the Science Center and the Natural History Museum. Hot dogs for dinner at the request of the birthday girl, and she got a DS with a couple games for her birthday. Today my dad is taking her birthday shopping (he always takes them to the store and lets them pick what they want) and Jorge's dad gave her $$ that she wants to use for another game. Saturday is the "family party" where we will play mini golf and have a bbq. :whew

I'm sorry I missed out on the chat but I *think* I got caught up.

Pam- it was so nice to meet you and I'm glad that you had fun with your Sis and her family. :manyheart

Vicki, same to you- I'm so happy for you that you got to see your sister and her family, and that you all had such fun together. Any word about that job interview?

Leanne- I :manyheart your siggy. WTG girl- we are so proud of you!! Have fun bowling with your guys tonight. As for your hat-making- it took me a LONG time to get the hang of hats. You can do it!

Mary- I hope that you are doing well and that you are feeling better. Hugs and love to you. :hug

Shannon- how did you do with the cleaning? I hope your back is feeling better. How is little Janna-ness today? WTG to Sister on learning the dc! :clap I've heard lots of people say they learned with a granny square but I couldn't do it until about a year after I learned everything else. :lol

Sarah, have fun watching the movie. I :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart the HP books but haven't brought myself to watch the movies yet. I just can't imagine that they can compare to the details of the books. I do want to watch HBP, though- Roomie says it is by far the best of the movies.

Joanne, I'm glad you found glasses you like. I have the worst time choosing frames. Gotta love that FSA- last year, we had almost $100 left and I went to Target and stocked up on Tylenol, band-aids, Neosporin, etc. This year we used it a bit too much and ran out in August. :lol

Beth, I'm so sorry to hear about Old Red! May she rust in peace. :lol:xfin that your appointment went well. :hug I had a good :heehee at that ottoman- how in the world did it fill up with yarn so quickly? :lol The afghan you picked is very lovely. I can't wait to see it once you finish it. :manyheart

Colleen, I hope you are enjoying your mini-vacation. :hug

Dh and Roomie are having a Lost marathon today. I am supposed to be watching too, so I'll be all caught up by the time the season starts, but I am just not into it today. I think I will go shopping with my dad and Isabella. I have one thing to return anyway, and I want to get some new boots.

Well I am going to scoot. Be back later! I will post my goals then. I still have to think a bit. Hope everyone stays safe on this New Years Eve!

LOL I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when watching the movies about what they leave out that I consider important to the storyline...

glad Isabella had a good b-day. It's been awhile since I've been to Knott's, we used to go every summer cause my great grandma on my mom's side b-day was the same day as my sisters and she lived 5 min from Disneyland so we would go to Disneyland and Knott's... I still have one family member that lives there, one of my great aunts.

I learned to dc before I learned to do granny squares...

:cheer:clap:yay:manyheart The doctor visit went well!!! She said it's like a down-hill slope now -- it's going to start closing up quickly. She gave me some more directions on caring for it, and told me that I could come back in April, for my 6 months check-up. If I have problems, call, and they'll take care of me. It made my day!!!

Sarah, I quit watching the HP movies after the second one, because the books have SO much more in them. My guys weren't thrilled with the HBP, but they are men. Probably not enough violence and special effects for them. :rofl

Stacy, enjoy shopping. I like granddad taking the girls out for a special shopping trip like that. I think it's sweet -- good bonding time, too.

Mary, so nice to hear from you. I like staying home on New Year's Eve, too. When I was a teen, my parents would let me babysit, but they had to drive me, my employers weren't allowed that night.

LeaAnne, thanks! I can't tell colors on this monitor, but I knew that when we bought the computer. I didn't realize how very important it would be now! I am excited to work on that afghan, but have so many other projects to do in the meantime...

Here's an extra big Happy New Year hug for all my besties!:hug This year has been a lot brighter with you all in my life!

Stacy, if you go into the movie knowing that they can't cover all the information in the book in 2 hours, you won't be disappointed. My kids read the books, but really liked the first few movies. They just felt that HBP wasn't their favorite. I quit watching the movies when I knew someone was going to die in one of them. I liked the first two quite well. They couldn't include everything, and sometimes they took some liberties with the storyline, but they were pretty well done.

We are partying hard here -- chips AND dip!!! :rofl My poor, deprived children. Hope you are having wonderful evenings, too!!!:hug

:hug Besties!!! I have been MIA again, :( had a very busy Christmas. We had another :2snow storm which postponed my trip to WY. We also had company thru the holidays, but it was good. I still haven't made it on my road trip :(, as I am having probs with my truck, DF has been sick with the flu or pneumonia, I was sick a couple of days with a stomach virus or something, and now Aunt Myrtle aka George decided to show up:yuck:thumbdown. Just seems like one thing right after the other :ohdear. But, I have got to do some :crocheting. Now I have to start getting ready for the guys to come lay the carpet. I am glad to see that everyone had a good holiday. Hard to believe that tomorrow starts a new year. Hope everyone has a good night tonight and rings in the new year happily!!!! Just wanted you all to know that I am thinking about you all and sending out lots of :hug and :manyheart to you all!!!!

Hi Beth- Great news on the Doctor appt! What a terrific way to end 2009! I love, love, love that afghan! Claret is a great color- I am using it on DH's flannelghan. I want to finish the last block tonight (and pray for no more tangles). Then I'll put it aside until next weekend when I can have time to put it together and weave in the ends.

Scooby!!!!:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:hug:hug So good to see you!!! I'm sorry you had to deal with sickness and mean old Aunt Myrtle. I hope things look up next year!

Joanne, way to go on the afghan! I think it's awesome that you are getting so much done working more than full time. :nworthy You amaze me!!! I am so impressed.

1/3 of my work "week" is over!!! we had originally planned to go to my DD's hubby's brother's house to ring in the new year, but quite frankly, I'm little tired and I don't like being out (even if it is only 10 min away) on the roads on NYE- So, I'm staying in tonight. DH is relieved too- he's already in his PJ's. LOL. he did go to the store today and do the grocery shopping and he vacuumed and dusted. He is handling the cleaning this week since he's been on vacation and Ive been working.

we don't have to be in work until 12 tomorrow, but I am disappointed that I'll miss the Winter Classic which is on at 1!

Stacy- sounds like Isabella is having quite the birthday week! I'm so happy for her! What did she decide to get when she went shopping with her grandpa? I just learned how to do squares when we did the bestie squares. Everyone said they are the easiest thing to learn- not for me they weren't! LOL. I love that hat from Crochet World!

Sarah- Enjoy your evening of movies for New Years. I'm going to watch Blind Side tonight that DH brought home.

LeaAnne- have fun bowling. And enjoy the peace and quiet tonight with the 3 DD's out of the house! You and your men at home- nice!

Vicki- hope your sister got home safely. I got to work today at 7:15 and at 7:30 looked out the window and it was snowing!!! It was just enough to cover the trees and grass and then it stopped. The roads were clear when I came home from work. At least the temperature is warmer than the last few days

Mary- Happy New year to you too! Hope your brain is feeling better and that you enjoy your evening in tonight!

Shannon- Did you get to Michael's today? What did you get? That is really neat that sister is learning to crochet. Good luck with teaching her!

Beth- you amaze me too- homeschooling three teenagers!!!! WE all do what we have to do. If I didn't make time for crochet, I think I'd go crazy. I'm so glad I picked it back up last February- it has really helped me to de-stress! (unless you count the stress of so many WIM's and so little time) LOL

Archived