That Turtle Square 6"inches (3 images)

champygirl

Please send me a pm if you find any errors. :hook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:turtleThat Turtle Square :turtle

post-11825-135897525019_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl April 26, 2010

Materals:

Worsted Weight yarn in 3 different colors (Shell Colors, Body Color, Background color)
Size H hook (5.00mm)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Finish Size: 6”h x 6”w inches

Different Stitches:

Treble Crochet (TC): Yarn over 2 times insert hook in specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, [yarn over, draw through 2 loops] Do this 3 times.

Extended Double Crochet (EDC)-Yarn over, insert hook in specified st, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, draw thru one loop, yarn over, draw thru two loops, yarn over, draw thru last two loops.

Back Back Loop (BBL):

post-11825-135897525029_thumb.jpg

Directions:

Rnd 1: With Shell Color ch4, join with sl st to first chain to form ring, ch2, 12 dc in ring, join with sl st to first dc.
(12dc)(Beginning ch2 does not count as dc)

Rnd 2: Ch2, 2 dc in same st as joining, 2 dc in each of the next 11 sts, join with sl st to first dc.
(24dc)(Beginning ch2 does not count as dc)

Finish off.

Rnd 3: Join Body Color with a sc to any dc on Rnd 2, sl st in next st, ch2, 1 dc in same st, 2 EDC in next st, 1 dc in next st, ch2, sl st in same st, * [1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sl st in next st, ch2, 1 dc in same st, 1 dc in next st, ch2, sl st in same st, ] Do this 2 times, * 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in next st, ch3, 1 sc in 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in next chain, 1 sc in same st on shell, Repeat from * to * once, 1 sc in next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(14sc, 10dc, 2 EDC) (The ch3 plus the sc worked into chains is your turtle’s tail)

Finish off.

Note: If you have any problems with your square laying straight do to the next Rnd, try replacing dc with EDC.

Rnd 4: Join Background Color with a sl st to sc before turtle’s tail, ch2, 1 dc in same st, 1 dc in first sc after tail (make sure turtle’s tail is in front of your work), [2 dc in each of the next 2 sc, ch1, 1 sc in each of the next 2 dc, ch1] Do this 2 times, 2 dc in each of the next 2 sc, ch1, 1 sc in BBL of next dc, 1 sc in BBL of each of the next 2 EDC, 1 sc in BBL of next dc, ch1, [2 dc in each of the next 2 sc, ch1, 1 sc in each of the next 2 dc, ch1] Do this 2 times, 2 dc in each of the next 2 sc, join with sl st to first dc.
(12sc, 26dc, 10-ch1 spaces)(Beginning ch2 does not count as dc)

Rnd 5: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in next dc, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 dc, 1 dc in next dc, 1 EDC in next dc, (1 TC, ch3, 1 TC) all in next ch1 space, 1 EDC in next sc, 1 dc in next sc, 1 hdc in next ch1 space, 1 hdc in next dc, 1 sc in each of the next 3 dc, 1 hdc in next ch1 space, 1 hdc in next sc, 1 dc in next sc, 1 EDC in next ch1 space, (1 TC, ch3, 1 TC) all in next dc, 1 EDC in next dc, 1 dc in next dc, 1 hdc, in next dc, 1 hdc in next ch1 space, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sc, 1 hdc in next sc, 1 hdc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next dc, 1 EDC in next dc, (1 TC, ch3, 1 TC) all in next dc, 1 EDC in next dc, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sc, 1 sc in next ch1 space, 1 sc in each of the next 2 dc, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 dc, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 EDC in next sc, (1 TC, ch3, 1 TC) all in next sc, 1 EDC in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next dc, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 dc, 1 sc in next dc, join with sl st to first sc.
(12sc, 16 hdc, 8dc, 8 EDC, 8 TC, 4-ch3 spaces)

Rnd 6: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch3 space, [1 sc in each of the next 13 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(68sc, 4-ch3 spaces)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl April 26, 2010. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-135897525024_thumb.jpg

Perfect, i have been looking for something that boys might like

this will be great. i see camo turtles (and others) in my future!

thanks so much for sharing:manyheart

ps i am going to use the ladybug as well-----

Just saw this! Adorable! I love turtles. :turtle I started a turtle collection for my youngest son when he was a toddler as he was facinated with them -- it all started with the Teenage Ninja Turtles and went from there. I have to make an afghan from these for him, even though he is now 18! :D There is still a little boy in him and I hope there always will be!

Thank You so much for generously sharing your creativeness with us!

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I LOVE this pattern, and made two up right when I saw them, easy to read and turned out wonderfully, now, i I can get them away from my kids, i will make a blanket out of them :D

Archived