God's eternal love shawl (updated in post 50)

Daugherty4inNC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is beautiful. Please think about writing up the pattern. I would love to purchase it from you. I'm in a prayer shawl group at my church. We also make shawls for weddings and this would be perfect for that!!!

Oh that is lovely!!! Is it possable to make it with just the hearts though?

Probably. I would just have to refigure the pattern to only include the hearts though. Might take me a bit as I'm rather busy right now. Will get back to you when I have it done.

That is beautiful. Please think about writing up the pattern. I would love to purchase it from you. I'm in a prayer shawl group at my church. We also make shawls for weddings and this would be perfect for that!!!

I actually have the pattern pretty well written up. At least the graph part of it anyway. But I won't sell it. I created it for my prayershawl ministry also but I would be more than happy to give it away. Let me have some time to make sure it is written up correctly to use with the graph and then I'll pm you.

Would love to get this pattern from you also if you would be willing Thanks

I actually have the pattern pretty well written up. At least the graph part of it anyway. But I won't sell it. I created it for my prayershawl ministry also but I would be more than happy to give it away. Let me have some time to make sure it is written up correctly to use with the graph and then I'll pm you.

That is beautiful! I love how you made the hearts emanating from the cross -- very symbolic! It sort of spoke to me. I think God reminded me of crochet as a way to stop my deepening depression after I lost my husband.

About the one year mark (this past fall), I was getting worse instead of better. Nothing was helping, not prescriptions or talking. Then one day, I decided to dig out some hooks and old yarn instead of staring at the walls. I had not crocheted in years and years, but it was like I had a mission. I haven't stopped since. Just being able to lose myself in crochet a few hours a day gives me the break to replenish and face the rest with more resolve. I still miss my dh more than I can say and know life will never be the same. But I feel more positive about being able to make it through this day into the next.

I would not have given crochet a thought on my own, not during that time. I know that same love you pictured flowing from the cross gave me the nudge I needed to find my sanity adjuster. He saved me. You might think this is a little melodramatic over crochet -- but it could have been anything. It was just something to take my mind off the constant loss so I could rest, replenish and restore some semblance of normality. Hook and thread could not do all of that, but He could! :)

Archived