Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Good Morning Ladies!!

Mary your ghan is beautiful! I just love it!

Tracy I really like the rainbow ghan. Can you tell me where I can get the pattern? Oh and your model is adorable!

Ok, I am going to start my DIC in the next couple of days so I would like to join the saltine smackdown. I am making mine w/ SS in chocolate, autumn red and off white. I am doing a slightly different square but still saltine sized.

Everyone have a wonderful day! :yay

Selanda, I got the pattern here. Just scroll down the page a bit. :hook

Linda, you are brave with all those multi coloured squares. :yes Can't wait to see your projects.

:hi Judy. I am also just lurking since I finished the ATW. The Casa seems to have gone back into hibernation. :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Monday, ladies. :D Thank you all for the wonderful compliments on my IC. :manyheart

Mary, that's beautiful! And no, I haven't looked for a square pattern to use beads with yet. I'm still finishing my rosy glow H bag. Which will be done tonight :cheer! Then I'll need to focus on the baby blanket since the baby is due in like a month and a half :D

And aren't you going on a cruise soon? :think You are one busy girl. :yes

Mary - beautiful IC!!!

and 20 more solids to report

20 more added. :hook

Mary your IC is stunning. I love how it turned out.

I have 18 solids to report

18 more are on the list. :hook

We've had a wonderful weekend. Dinner was lots of fun and we stayed up until almost 2a.m. talking. :lol This morning we all met for brunch at a favorite restaurant and my sister went home from there.

Aren't those just the best times though? Staying up talking til 2 in the morning? Makes you tired but they're good for the soul, imo :manyheart I'm so glad y'all had a nice time :hug

Finally finished! :cheer The second picture is just to show the overall pattern and was taken before any border was added. (Clickable)

th_DoubleIrishChain1-11-09003.jpg

Oh wow! Excellent call on the border! That really made the whole piece :yes It's exquisite :clap

I found Happy Yellow House a few months ago and have the Amish Basket started. I'm not even done with one of the whole basket motifs, I have like 6 rows of it done or something.

My biggest problem though is hiding all the strings in the back... what do you recomend?

Welcome to the group :hug On all the quilts no matter your joining method I recommend doing all the joining/weaving as you go. Don't put it off too long. Then it becomes a serious chore. Doing things as you go along makes it much easier :yes

Ahhhh, today all those people (read:BD and the boy) are out of my house :D This means I can clean without them around to mess it right back up :lol Laundry is first on the agenda. I got lots of my baby blanket done yesterday while listening to a new book. About 1/3 of the way done :yay

Linda ~ Have a fun snowflake and angel day. :)

Hi Selanda! Your colors will be lovely together. We're glad you're joining us. :yes Whenever you post "squares made," I'll add them to the list!

Tracy, thanks for the link...that is a wonderful pattern. :hook

I'm plowing through laundry and desk stuff today - at least the top layer. :lol

Mary, yep, we leave next Monday! DBF for some reason seems to think we'll only need 1 suitcase for our 4 day trip. I'm not sure how well that'll go over. After all, there's daytime clothes, night time clothes and swimming clothes plus shoes. And that doesn't count girly stuff! And granted, I can pack! And we don't have to worry about weight limits since we're driving to the port (we're only max 4 hours away). But still, the silly boy.

Mary, yep, we leave next Monday! DBF for some reason seems to think we'll only need 1 suitcase for our 4 day trip. I'm not sure how well that'll go over. After all, there's daytime clothes, night time clothes and swimming clothes plus shoes. And that doesn't count girly stuff! And granted, I can pack! And we don't have to worry about weight limits since we're driving to the port (we're only max 4 hours away). But still, the silly boy.

One suitcase for 4 days? Is he insane? I took one suitcase and a tote bag with me to my sister's last month and we only stayed overnight :lol Our last trip (Vegas) I had so much luggage for a 6 day stay we had to pay extra. You haven't even added your yarn and projects in that list! One suitcase indeed :rofl

Oh my - one suitcase? It's a guy thing...DH can pack for a week with one suitcase and his laptop bag. :lol I have to take everything I own just in case I need it. :D

Quick Question - JoAnn's has wonderful 50% off coupons this week. I have 5 or 6 so can I use more than one per visit? Say I buy 3 things...can I use a coupon for each thing?

Oh my - one suitcase? It's a guy thing...DH can pack for a week with one suitcase and his laptop bag. :lol I have to take everything I own just in case I need it. :D

Quick Question - JoAnn's has wonderful 50% off coupons this week. I have 5 or 6 so can I use more than one per visit? Say I buy 3 things...can I use a coupon for each thing?

At our Joanns you can :yes They don't wanna lose that business :D At most they'll just ring up 3 (or whatever) different tickets. That's what I have to do at Michaels :yes

What Cara said! At mine it depends on whose checking me out. Some will just override the system and apply the other coupons for me. Others will let me do more than one transaction. Mine is only about 5 minutes away so it's no hardship to have to go back more than once either.

That is just a lot Heather! I have set a date to start a ATW... sometime after Feb 12this all goes well. That is if they do not keep my son longer then his endoscopy. I will prolly do it in green, pink, & brown. And attatch them as I go like you do in the Blue Star afghan.

A quick "Hi" this morning. I need to leave soon. :)

Donna ~ 21 more solids are added. :hook

Tracy, you are welcome. :manyheart What are you working on today?

Linda M. ~ Your ghan is gorgeous. :cheer That pattern is wonderful and all the colors work so well together.

Hi to Pickles, Wendy and Jessica, too!

Have a great day, everyone.

Archived