Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Good morning everyone. Ugh, I really wanted to sleep a bit longer. But I have to head into work today to make sure I can get into my computer. Work has decided to convert everyone to Vista, and it was my departments turn this weekend. Yay us :rolleyes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Jessica. Can we vote on when you start your ghan? Oh good...I vote for "go ahead and start." :hook I don't mean to make light of what you're going through. Take care of yourself. :hug

I got 3 things holding me back....

1. Time. That lovely thing.

2. a clear plastic tub thingy to put all my squares in. I need $6 for that - which I won't have for a few more weeks.

3. Flickr. My pro status expired the 12th. I have a hard time functioning without the pro features of flickr. I have it on my Holiday ROAK but I don't expect anyone to get it. It will have to wait until after Christmas.

Excuses excuses I know. :blush

Karen ~ Here's what I have since the Friday before last (Nov. 7): 1744 plus 21, 52, 35 = 1852. Today's 43 makes it 1895. :D I think we need to go with my number - it's higher than yours. :lol

Your calculations are right. Apparently I can't add... :lol Thanks!

Hello ladies :flower

Roxy - I can't see anything wrong with your cat block. I think he looks great. I love black cats especially :manyheart

Think I might actually be caught up on my sleep. Have a bit of a headache today that I think is because the heat actually kept coming on last night. We have it set not to come on until it's cooler than 62 degrees in here but I'm thinking I might have to turn that down :sweat I can tell you that the heat portion works great though :lol

Gonna have a lazy daisy day of playing games with BD and then it's back to work tomorrow. Gotta get the house back in order, work on my site and my projects all of which have suffered over the last week or so :hook

Roxy, I can't see any mistakes on your kitty either. I think he looks great! Good work!! :clap:clap:clap

Good morning everyone. Ugh, I really wanted to sleep a bit longer. But I have to head into work today to make sure I can get into my computer. Work has decided to convert everyone to Vista, and it was my departments turn this weekend. Yay us :rolleyes

Don't you hate it when stuff like this happens. It never, ever seems to go as smoothly as they say it's going to go. Hope your computer works just fine for you. :hug

I got 3 things holding me back....

1. Time. That lovely thing.

2. a clear plastic tub thingy to put all my squares in. I need $6 for that - which I won't have for a few more weeks.

3. Flickr. My pro status expired the 12th. I have a hard time functioning without the pro features of flickr. I have it on my Holiday ROAK but I don't expect anyone to get it. It will have to wait until after Christmas.

Excuses excuses I know. :blush

Jessica, I can relate to your reasons, but really, you know you want to get started. I have found that "Baggies" work well for keeping the saltines in. I usually have one block's worth of saltines per baggie. I helps me stay somewhat organized. I've now got THREE saltine projects going, in addition to a whole lot of other WIPS, so why not start another. It gives us variety to choose from! :rofl:rofl:rofl

We got home from the hunting lodge a few minutes ago. The deer won! They saw some but didn't even get off a single shot at the ones they saw. Hunters at zero.

We got home from the hunting lodge a few minutes ago. The deer won! They saw some but didn't even get off a single shot at the ones they saw. Hunters at zero.

:clap:clapfor the deer:clap:clap

Finally got everything all organized and in my "current project" basket. I may take one more break once I find the right pattern, as I found some aerie yarn that is too delicious to ignore! I have a thread here if anyone knows a good pattern, I've had trouble finding any now that it's discontinued.

15/192 pink

08/096 green

17/288 white

10/192 bicolor

--------------

50/768 total

Roxy, I can't see any mistakes on your kitty either. I think he looks great! Good work!! :clap:clap:clap

Don't you hate it when stuff like this happens. It never, ever seems to go as smoothly as they say it's going to go. Hope your computer works just fine for you. :hug

Jessica, I can relate to your reasons, but really, you know you want to get started. I have found that "Baggies" work well for keeping the saltines in. I usually have one block's worth of saltines per baggie. I helps me stay somewhat organized. I've now got THREE saltine projects going, in addition to a whole lot of other WIPS, so why not start another. It gives us variety to choose from! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Thankfully I only had a minor issue. We not only share cubicles, but now also desk space, which means 2 CPU's to one set of monitors, 1 keyboard and 1 mouse. The monitors all have a 1 and 2 button that corresponded to one of the CPU's. To activate it over to my CPU, I had to push the button for 1 along with the Scroll lock key on the keyboard. Well, not only did they remove the names from the computers (my deskmate got his Friday and I told him the nbr, so I knew which was mine) they may have reversed the numbers they were associated with. So I thought I was logging into mine by hitting the 1 button on the monitor. But my drive wasn't there. Nope, I logged into deskmates instead. And I have to say, I'm very glad I know the keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Office. I would have spent forever trying to find the open function on Office 2007 otherwise.

Thankfully I only had a minor issue. We not only share cubicles, but now also desk space, which means 2 CPU's to one set of monitors, 1 keyboard and 1 mouse. The monitors all have a 1 and 2 button that corresponded to one of the CPU's. To activate it over to my CPU, I had to push the button for 1 along with the Scroll lock key on the keyboard. Well, not only did they remove the names from the computers (my deskmate got his Friday and I told him the nbr, so I knew which was mine) they may have reversed the numbers they were associated with. So I thought I was logging into mine by hitting the 1 button on the monitor. But my drive wasn't there. Nope, I logged into deskmates instead. And I have to say, I'm very glad I know the keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Office. I would have spent forever trying to find the open function on Office 2007 otherwise.

Glad you could get it all figured out. Should make for an easier day tomorrow.

:rofla baggie saltine. Three projects thats just fantastic, now do you want to go for an even number say 5. :rofl

We got home from the hunting lodge a few minutes ago. The deer won! They saw some but didn't even get off a single shot at the ones they saw. Hunters at zero. Oh deer.....

Do you at least have your own chairs or are you job sharing, Im a bit confused here.

Afternoon ladies, thought I would share a photo of the cat quilt so far, not happy with it as you can see loads of mistakes. Gonna do a border in pink and black and make it bigger by hdc around untill it's lapgahn size, or I could make it into a cushion cover,mmmmmmm. not sure yet what to do

catquit.jpg

Roxy your cat ghan is gorgeous. :clap

you lost me after logging in....

There were times when I was seriously lost! So far I'm not a fan of Vista.

Do you at least have your own chairs or are you job sharing, Im a bit confused here.

LOL, nope, I share a chair too. I work from home Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The guy I share with, he works from home Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Good Morning, ladies. :) I hope you all had a good weekend.

Block 20 (of 25) is joined as of last night. :cheer I'm going to finish the scarf project this week and then get back to the IC. :hook

Have a great morning. :manyheart

Good morning. Wendy, since when is 5 an even number?!? And I thought I was the nutty one on here!! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Kim and I are off to see her regular doctor in a few minutes. I'm afraid after this weekend she's going to need antibiotics and steroids to get her chest cleared up. Sigh! :(

More later. Happy crocheting everyone. :hug

I gotta say, I'm not a fan of Windows Vista so far. I keep getting random things highlighted on all my Internet browsers :think

DH got a new laptop (work related) not long ago and is not happy with Vista. I read that they're taking (or have taken) XP off the market already. :(

Hi Linda! I hope Kim is okay. :manyheart

Off to run some errands now. JoAnns is on my list. :hook

DH got a new laptop (work related) not long ago and is not happy with Vista. I read that they're taking (or have taken) XP off the market already. :(

Hi Linda! I hope Kim is okay. :manyheart

Off to run some errands now. JoAnns is on my list. :hook

DBF is looking to get a new computer since his is ancient. We stopped at some little store on Saturday and they guy said he could get it with XP, but it'd cost more 'cause they have to get the licensing to put it in. Hmmm, maybe it's time to consider Apple next time I buy.

maybe I'm just not a big computer person but Ive had no issues with vista that I know of

*shrug*

Me neither....I just use it for basics, anyway....

I remember when XP came out, everybody complained and wanted to keep 98/2000. When 2000 came out, everyone wanted to keep 98... and same with 95. Windows unfortunately rolls out their products before they're fully developed. Also, their systems are so prevalent, they can't possibly test for all of the environments Windows is used in. If you wait a while for Microsoft to work out the "issues" of Vista, it will probably work just as well as the others eventually became.

(That said - I'm getting a used computer with XP in it... :lol Mainly because I don't want to have to upgrade all of my software. Too much money!)

I'll add my 2 cents on Vista too. It needs the bugs worked out just like every time MS puts out a new OS :P We had it briefly and it was a mess! BD is an IT geek for a living and they ordered new computers with XP on them for the longest time. The newest version of Vista seems to be giving them less problems though so I see our home computers being switched soon.

Mary - You're making great progress aren't you? :cheer Is this the last scarf you need to make?

Linda - Oh dear. I sure hope Kim gets better soon :manyheart

Okay, back to normal life today...such as it is :lol Laundry, tidy up a bit, start dinner, clean the fridge (:yuck) and crochet :hook Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it :lol

Archived