Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donna, I seem to remember seeing a pattern book for jar covers on Annie's Attic the other day.

Wendy, I'm almost done with Mom's hotpads. I have 3 more to do of the Starburst pattern. Then next month (don't wanna do it too soon) I'm going to make potpourri packets to insert into the Snowflake ones. Hopefully she won't be needing too many more. I have others I want to do as gifts too.

Thanks for the welcome Skysmom and Aussie. I will have to get organized and count squares this weekend. Hopefully I'll have my shawl done tomorrow and can get to work!

Morning ladies :flower

LINDA'S BACK!!! :dance:jumpyay:hug:manyheart Oh Joy is our current hero :manyheart:nworthy

Mary - The scraves look great :clap

Dusti - The hat and DD are just too adorable :manyheart

Tracy - The kid sent the hat back?!?! That's just rude :P

Wendy - The cats aren't having a nervous breakdown just yet :lol

Actually everything went pretty smoothly yesterday. The electrician was super efficient. The plumber was very late :irk But they got the work done. The A/C folks got the majority of the stuff done yesterday and they say they'll be done today :dance It was awful hot in here last night though. They disconnected the power to our two big window units to reroute power for the new system. Thank goodness the half dead a/c in our room still had power. They should be here soon to finish up.

Welcome to the group, Lynn! This is the bestest group going!

I pulled out the pattern for the dachshund quilt and started counting blocks and really analyzing the pattern and guess what? It's almost all solid blocks! It's going to be so easy after the ones I've been doing. Only 88 2 or 3 colored saltines out of 560, and only about 6 that are more than 2 colors. Quite a few of the bi-color saltines are fussy, semi-weird saltines, but not even enough of those to be more than a minor hassle at worst. I may even start them this weekend at the hunting lodge. Or maybe I'll just sew together squares for Painted Desert or Stacked Blocks. Dither, dither.

It is soooo good to be able to jump back on again whenever I've got some free minutes! Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!! :ghug:jumpyay:ghug:jumpyay:ghug

Good Morning. :) It's so much fun to see new people joining in and to have Linda back. :hook

Here is what I've added since last night. I'll see how my time goes, but it may be this afternoon before I can post the list.

Linda ~ 40 solids/60 bicolor

Karen ~ 35 solids

Donna ~ 48 solids

Shelly ~ 18 solids

Hi Valerie ~ hope you're getting some much deserved rest. :yes

Wendy, when is your last day at work? How is the GT coming along?

Val ~ it sounds like pictures are in order! Wow, you have done a lot of crocheting this week. :crocheting

Cara, I'm so glad they are getting the work done so quickly...just in time for the cold front this weekend. :) How are Misa and Tuon surviving?

Lynn, looking forward to seeing the quilt ghan in cotton! Your colors sound wonderful together. :yarn

Linda ~ Have a safe trip to the Lodge and enjoy your weekend. :manyheart

Hi to those I've missed...be right back with the Friday scorecard. My app't. is at 11 instead of 10. :blush Glad I looked at the calendar. :lol

Linda T -- It is so nice to have you back, able to post from home. A big, "Thank you!" to your daughter. We could just tell how much you were enjoying your visit with Joy. Good luck to the family at deer camp.

Good morning all,

Just dropped in to say hello before going to bed. I don't have to work today. However, I think I've stayed up toooooo late. I'll check back in later.

Have a good morning.

Did you manage to get caught up on your rest? Have a good day off!

Lynn -- :welcome Clay's Choice is a nice pattern, isn't it? Pop-in for support any time, especially when you need a small reminder about how nice the end result will be.

Thank you SO much for the heart-warming comments about my littlest (and her not-so-complicated head wear) :manyheart If nothing else crops up, I ought to be able to work on the Double IC this weekend. DH is deer hunting, so I have lots of crocheting time after the girls are in bed. I have high hopes of connecting more of the blocks together. I am connecting blocks horizontally in fits 'n' spurts, but I have not been so good about running yarn vertically, which makes the whole quilt super-floppy :P Maybe I can remedy that, soon :yes

Updated Friday morning - 11/14/08

Dusti (rii698) 1871

Karen (econ-nerd) 1852

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1809

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Donna (sewnsew) 886

Val (Priszm) 792

Wendy (Aussie) *** 711

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Denise (denisethorpe) 657

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 595

Heather (hseger) 517

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Erin (EMedley) 458

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 236

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Mary (Skysmom) *** 95

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 71

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa) :construct Wearing another of her many hats today. :D

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Good morning, Dusti. Enjoy your extra crochet time this weekend. :hook

Val, good for you on finishing another RR. :cheer

Thanks for the compliments on the scarves...it's fun to be able to see something finished so quickly. :yes

Now, I must quit being a chatterbox and get in the shower - unless anyone wants to go to the dentist for me. :lol

Hey all. In addition to the diamond squares pattern I started last weekend, I'm going to start Clay's Choice. This is for my friends' guest room, which is really MY room when I'm there so...Using Vanna's choice in dusty green, terracotta and linen (making the green the background). I may join that saltine smackdown yet.

Joyce

Sorry, Mary. Dentists and I don't mix. That one's all yours.:eek

We made it to the hunting lodge and couldn't find the key to unlock the door. John finally got in through a window and, low and behold, the key was on the inside of the door. Not sure how that happened, but we are getting settled in nicely now. Mark and Michelle will get in about 9:00 tonight. It's the first weekend here for Kim and I this season. Food is put away and the beds are made and the towels from last weekend are folded and put away. The cable is on and working so we are now set. Trouble is staying home this weekend.:crocheting

We dropped Joy off on our way here, so she is at her convention and will head home to Iowa on Sunday. Sigh. I've missed her and it was good to have her here for a week.:c9

I brought two projects with me that are in the pattern creation phase, 3 skeins of yarn to start on the solid saltines for the Dachshund Quiltghan, and 2 filet crochet projects (one not started and one getting close to done) and everything fit in a large purse that I do NOT like as a purse. :devil

Hey all. In addition to the diamond squares pattern I started last weekend, I'm going to start Clay's Choice. This is for my friends' guest room, which is really MY room when I'm there so...Using Vanna's choice in dusty green, terracotta and linen (making the green the background). I may join that saltine smackdown yet.

Joyce

Oh yes, I think two quilt ghans going at once means you must join. :D

Joyce, can't wait to see your ghans. :yes

Mary, I started the scarf. :hook I now have 3 projects next to me in the lounge. And they are all very different colours, so can't even say it is one project. :lol Scarf is working up quickly so far. :yes

Hi Tracy ~ Couldn't stand it, could you? ;) You and Wendy have to be the WIP queens. :lol

Sorry I have been lack.

Add 45 square solid to my count.

:hug

Hi Kidge, it's good to see you again. :manyheart 45 more added!

Linda ~ Yay for having the internet at the Lodge, too! I'm so glad you and Joy had a great visit. It sounds like you're prepared for crochet time this weekend. :yes

Archived