Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I hope you feel better Tammy! :hug

I've had laryngitis now for the last 3-4 days.... its getting old!

Lucky DH. (I have met Tammy and her family personally, so I'm allowed!) :rofl

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope you feel better Tammy! :hug

Lucky DH. (I have met Tammy and her family personally, so I'm allowed!) :rofl

:P you are so ornery!!!

:heart

:mug

I want to make a friendship-ghan and know there are many people with squares in their wish list. I want to start making at least 1 square a week and send them out once a month. Anyone else interested?

If you've received a square, please post a thank you (here and RAOK thank you thread) without listing the senders name. This is RAOK afterall! Plus we'd love to see pictures of the squares you receive and the progress your afghan is making!

If you are looking to get squares, please PM me or post here what you are looking for. You can PM me your address or put where your wishlist is so we can get it from Janet or Terri. Nobody is obligated to make and send squares even if you want to receive them. We are just trying to get as many friendship-ghans made as possible! :hug

Here's a list of who's looking for what, but don't forget to check wishlists too!

* means I have their address and you can PM me for it if you want to be anonymous.

? means I don't know what size/type/color square they'd prefer. Please let me know so I can update.

*BaseballMom18: 8" or 12" blue, green and/or teal

*contrary.crocheter: 12" Americana colors (burgundy, navy, off white), solids or combo of the 3 colors

*craziebunny: 8", any

*distinctives123: 8" earth tones or varigated and 12" any color

*evelyn: 10" RHSS

*moomooo: 12" worsted weight, prefers flower in the center, but any square is welcome

*nicolep: 6" or 12", any

*nikster1983: 8" RHSS or TLC Essentials (or similar) in bright rainbow colors

*oldcountrygirl: 8" cotton, earth tones

*pat54: 8" acrylic ww, any

*pineknott: 8" RHSS

*rosebud75: 8" any

*ScoobyDoo0811: 8" RHSS, prefers purple variegated, but any square is welcome

*Segi1974: 12", purple/green

*smith: 8", any

*sweetpossibilities: 10", any

*tcandlgmom: 12" ww acrylic, any

*teakaycee: 12" RHSS

*tmpinsnty: 8" RHSS variegated

*TurtleLvr: 12" cotton

*x3melissa3705: 10", any

Well I'm looking for sqquares for the baby afghans.. The link is in my siggy.

but we arelooking for about 10 inch squares. in anything but wool... all but one of us in our little group seems to be allergic to it.

so we can't crochet with it :(.. so to be safe we are not gonna use any more then what we already had on hand.. just to be safe.

But as for friendship ghan for myself.. I love Blue!.. Purple... Varigated colors, 12"

argh...sorry to hear about the laryngitis tam! it can be so frustrating! My kids used to get excited if I got laryngitis until I started wearing a whistle...don't mess with the mama!

Funny how that works...things don't slow down for the mom when she is sick...errands still get done. Hope you are feeling better soon...take care of yourself. Let me know if you need a whistle!

argh...sorry to hear about the laryngitis tam! it can be so frustrating! My kids used to get excited if I got laryngitis until I started wearing a whistle...don't mess with the mama!

Funny how that works...things don't slow down for the mom when she is sick...errands still get done. Hope you are feeling better soon...take care of yourself. Let me know if you need a whistle!

ooooooooooooooooooh... a whistle............. :D me like that idea!

thanks for the well wishes sweetie!!

yep... still sick.. still cant talk.. and spent my day running errands then at a baseball game! I'm pooped!

catch you all in the morning............. I'll have my whistle with me!

:heart

:mug

Thank you so much, Jenny (tcandlgmom) for the square! It's so soft. I love the colorway.

Tam - Hope you're feeling much better!

I am almost finished with another square to be sent. I should finish it up tonight while watching the Red Wings beat the Sharks! :D

Thank you so much, Jenny (tcandlgmom) for the square! It's so soft. I love the colorway.

You are welcome Nicole. It is I Love This Yarn in Peacock ombre. :crocheting

I have been really enjoying making squares, now I just need to get some more envelopes :cheer

:hiHello! Haven't been around much, just got over one illness ans have moved on to another one!:lol I'm one that never gets sick either, but boy when I do!!!!!!!!:eek But I'm going to send out 6 more squares today and get started on some more! :hugTo everyone that needs one and I hope you all have a great day!

:hiHello! Haven't been around much, just got over one illness ans have moved on to another one!:lol I'm one that never gets sick either, but boy when I do!!!!!!!!:eek But I'm going to send out 6 more squares today and get started on some more! :hugTo everyone that needs one and I hope you all have a great day!

Feel better Trish!

Got my first square done! Well, not my first ever, but my first for this CAL... you know what I mean, right? Just gotta decide who to send it to :) This is gonna be great for using up all my little bits of yarn...hubby will be pleased:yes

Gotta finish up some Mother's Day gifts before I can do more squares... I didn't realize until a couple days ago that Mom's Day was coming up so soon :oops but I figure since we're taking a road trip to see all the moms (hubby's mom, my mom, and my step-mom) at the end of May, then maybe they won't mind if they get their gifts at that time... maybe

Well, I'm finally able to get started. I'm hoping to have a few finished this weekend. I actually did one but not crazy about the look, since the pattern was in 3 colors and I did it in one, it made a difference. Don't think that one is going anywhere.

Got my first square done! Well, not my first ever, but my first for this CAL... you know what I mean, right? Just gotta decide who to send it to :) This is gonna be great for using up all my little bits of yarn...hubby will be pleased:yes

Gotta finish up some Mother's Day gifts before I can do more squares... I didn't realize until a couple days ago that Mom's Day was coming up so soon :oops but I figure since we're taking a road trip to see all the moms (hubby's mom, my mom, and my step-mom) at the end of May, then maybe they won't mind if they get their gifts at that time... maybe

haha yea I know I did the same thing, crap mothers day is that soon?:eek Just glad the boyfriend is totally cool about the crazy amount of yarn I have. I even get a budget for it :rofl SO I never destash what fun is that I want more!

haha yea I know I did the same thing, crap mothers day is that soon?:eek Just glad the boyfriend is totally cool about the crazy amount of yarn I have. I even get a budget for it :rofl SO I never destash what fun is that I want more!

Hubby gave me a budget too... well sort of, I'm only allowed to buy yarn when I have coupons. Lucky for me, I happen to have 4 50% off coupons for Michaels for next week! Oh yes, I WILL be going shopping lol

Archived