Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, they are all lovely! One for you is in my next batch to go out, so count that as one more!

:hug thank you!! That is now only 4 left.....:eek.....:faint

Evelyn signature says she has 2 left to finish hers...:hook actually one now!

Nice squares Susan! It's exciting that you guys are getting so close to completing your ghans! :U

They look great.

I finally laid them all out and found out I only need 7 to complete! :eek 6 by 7 eight inch squares are just perfect in the evening outside or in the winter watching tv....

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

The minute I started thinking what colours & who to make squares for, I came down with bronchitis or sinuses! :fever So as soon as I can kick the worse part of this, there will be some squares going out. :hook ...I feel like such a slacker. lol I just bought a bass guitar and my intentions was going to learn, but that's been kicked aside also. <sighs>

Anyways, I hope everyone has a awesome 4th weekend!! :yay

As promised, here is a picture of the beautiful square I received from Karishema, aka Mary- thank you, thank you, thank you!!! (sorry forgot to take a pic of the cute little angel pin which is upstairs on my dresser)

I've taken a picture of my blanket that I bordered in black and the second picture is the squares that I need to border and attach. Looks like I need three more to complete a row and then it will be done!!

post-27163-135897671972_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897671976_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897671983_thumb.jpg

As promised, here is a picture of the beautiful square I received from Karishema, aka Mary- thank you, thank you, thank you!!! (sorry forgot to take a pic of the cute little angel pin which is upstairs on my dresser)

I've taken a picture of my blanket that I bordered in black and the second picture is the squares that I need to border and attach. Looks like I need three more to complete a row and then it will be done!!

You are quite welcome, your ghan is beautiful.

How exciting to be so close! I can't wait to start receiving squares myself.

Me too, I can't wait to get more squares, it is all so exciting, waiting for the mail each day. I need something to keep me going. I just read the post that asked how old you are. I was second to the oldest!! :eek

Now I'm depressed.:lol

Nice Joanne! I'll get a square in the mail to you on Tuesday. :hug

Aw, gee, thanks!!

I don't have any grey, black or white cotton, but I do have grey cotton-ease- would that work for a square for you?

You are quite welcome, your ghan is beautiful.

Me too, I can't wait to get more squares, it is all so exciting, waiting for the mail each day. I need something to keep me going. I just read the post that asked how old you are. I was second to the oldest!! :eek

Now, now, no depression- they say we only get better as we age!!!!:hug

Mary, not old, just experienced. :U And if you are as old as you feel, then most days I am 116 so I beat you. :hug

Joanne, that would be perfect. Thank you!

Hi everyone. Hope you all are having a fun safe weekend. I'm making a mini blanket using the "that turtle square" pattern. I'll have to post pics of all my turtles before I put the square part around them. They are so cute. It's like a sea of turtles :)

Hi everyone. Hope you all are having a fun safe weekend. I'm making a mini blanket using the "that turtle square" pattern. I'll have to post pics of all my turtles before I put the square part around them. They are so cute. It's like a sea of turtles :)

That sounds really cool. Can't wait to see the picutres. :crocheting

Where is that post? I'm curious to know how young some of the other "hookers" are on this forum. I don't know anyone my age that crochets! (I'm 28)

:firecrack

Where is that post? I'm curious to know how young some of the other "hookers" are on this forum. I don't know anyone my age that crochets! (I'm 28)

:firecrack

Under Crochet Talk, it is Getting to know you, Q & A

Most of them are your age, you will be surprised:manyheart

I will give it a try

:hug to you, Susan.

Cookies? Those look delish! Almost makes me want to bake some too but my kitchen is a wreck right now. I can't seem to pry myself away from my crocheting long enough to do anything but look on here for eye candy. I even put off those chores I mentioned earlier :oops to post the pattern I promised you ladies...

Kaleidoscope

by Leana Moon

(I'm only typing up the pattern for one square)

Finished square measures 10.5"

Materials:

Worsted weight yarn scraps

Hook, size H (5mm)

CENTER

With scrap color desired, ch 4; join with slip st to form a ring.

Rnd 1(mark as right side): Ch 3 (counts as first dc, now and throughout), 2 dc in ring, (ch 3, 3 dc in ring) 3 times, ch 1, hdc in first dc to form last ch-3 sp: 12 dc and 4 ch-3 sps.

Rnd 2: Ch 3, 2 dc in last ch-3 sp made, ch 1, *(3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp, ch 1; repeat from * 2 times more, 3 dc in same sp as first dc, ch 1, hdc in first dc to form last ch-3 sp: 24 dc and 8 sps.

Rnd 3: Ch 3, 2 dc in last ch-3 sp made, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, *(3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1; repeat from * 2 times more, 3 dc in same sp as first dc, ch 3; join with slip st to first dc, finish off: 36 dc and 12 sps.

SMALL TRIANGLES

First Small Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in any corner ch-3 sp; sc in same sp, (sc in next 3 dc and in next sp) 3 times, leave remaining sts unworked: 14 sc.

Rows 2-6: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, sc in next sc and in each sc across to last 2 sc, decrease: 4sc.

Row 7: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, decrease: 2 sc.

Row 8: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease; finish off: one sc.

Next 2 Small Triangles

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same sp as last sc on Row 1 of previous Small Triangle; sc in same sp, (sc in next 3 dc and in next sp) 3 times, leave remaining sts unworked: 14 sc.

Row 2-8: Same as First Small Triangle: one sc.

Last small Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same space as last sc on Row 1 of previous Small Triangle; sc in same sp and in next 3 dc, (sc in next sp and in next 3 dc) twice, sc in same sp as first sc of First Small Triangle: 14 sc.

Rows 2-8: Work same as First small Triangle: one sc.

LARGE TRIANGLES

First Large Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in sc at tip of any Small Triangle; work 23 sc evenly across end of rows ending in sc at tip of next Small Triangle: 24 sc.

Rows 2-11: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, sc in next sc and in each sc across to last 2 sc, decrease: 4 sc.

Row 12: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, decrease: 2 sc.

Row 13: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease; finish off: one sc.

Next 2 Large Triangles

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same st as last sc on Row 1 of previous Large Triangle; work 23 sc evenly across end of rows ending in last sc at tip of next Small Triangle: 24 sc.

Rows 2-13: Work same as First Large Triangle: one sc.

Last Large Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same st as last sc on Row 1 of previous Large Triangle; work 23 sc evenly across end of rows ending in same st as First Large Triangle: 24 sc.

Rows 2-13: Work same as First Large Triangle: one sc.

BORDER

Rnd 1: With right side facing, join yarn with sc in sc at tip of any Large Triangle; * work 26 sc evenly spaced across end rows to sc at tip of next Large Triangle, (sc, ch 2, 2 sc) in sc at tip; repeat from * 2 times more, work 26 sc evenly spaced across end of rows, sc in same st as first sc, ch 2; join with slip st to first sc: 112 sc and 4 ch-2 sps.

Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in next 27 sc, (dc, ch 3 dc) in next ch-2 sp, * dc in next 28 sc, (dc, ch 3, dc) in next ch-2 sp; repeat from * 2 times more; join with slip st to first dc, finish off: 120 dc and 4 ch-3 sps.

Okay, I really am going to tackle that kitchen...:help

What size are most of you making your afghans?

I'm using 12 inch squares and mine is going to be 4 rows across by 5 rows down for a total of (20) 12 inch squares- didn't measure it though, but seems to be a good size for me:manyheart

I'll send another one out this week

I finally laid them all out and found out I only need 7 to complete! :eek 6 by 7 eight inch squares are just perfect in the evening outside or in the winter watching tv....

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

I hope you feel better precious

The minute I started thinking what colours & who to make squares for, I came down with bronchitis or sinuses! :fever So as soon as I can kick the worse part of this, there will be some squares going out. :hook ...I feel like such a slacker. lol I just bought a bass guitar and my intentions was going to learn, but that's been kicked aside also. <sighs>

Anyways, I hope everyone has a awesome 4th weekend!! :yay

Archived