Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

:yay Yay! Pretty puffies to look at! Good job, Susan!

I finished 2 more squares today. Yeah, I'm on a roll! :hook That means I have 3 sitting around waiting to be mailed. Unfortunately, I've only got $20 in my bank acct, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to mail them out. :( That means they won't make it to their recipients until atleast tuesday. Whaaaa!!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a puffy today!!!!! :yay:yay:yay From Cindy~ Thank you so much, Cindy! I love the square, it's so cool! Thank you for thinking of me & making me a square. :manyheart And thank you for the card, too. :hug

post-20-13589767131_thumb.jpg

I got a puffy today!!!!! :yay:yay:yay From Cindy~ Thank you so much, Cindy! I love the square, it's so cool! Thank you for thinking of me & making me a square. :manyheart And thank you for the card, too. :hug

That is a very very cool square! :U

I know, huh? I've been cleaning all day, and this was such a nice surprise. I need to start making squares again. I took a break to crochet some things for the HIJ. I'm getting in the mood to squares again now, though. :hook

[ATTACH]41253[/ATTACH]

:cheer I received my first (2)squares. Thank you so much, Sue. The colors are beautiful. I am so excited!!:clap

Now I feel like I am a part of the group.

yay, YOU'RE IN A GREAT GROUP AT THAT!

VERY nice!

oh that is one neato sqaure!! is it done all in one piece or????????? nice pattern, wonderful colors, all "our" sqaures are so neat!

oh that is one neato sqaure!! is it done all in one piece or????????? nice pattern, wonderful colors, all "our" sqaures are so neat!

Yup, it is worked all in one piece!

ok Cindy ya got to give up the pattern for that one lol

BEAUTIFUL

I've got some chores to do around the house but I will type it up for you gals when I get a chance.

Are any of you allergic to cats? We have 4 (2 are mine, 2 are my mom's) and their fluff ends up on everything. And of course they want to "help" me crochet by playing with my yarn :P or laying on my works-in-progress. Would you prefer I don't send squares to you or do you have any special considerations you would like me to take?

I have three cats, and the most recent addition, Max, is a yarn cat too. Whenever he sneaks in my yarn and craft room, he heads straight for a skein, usually red heart or vanna's, and proceeds to pull it apart if left to his own devices! My animals usually aren't allowed in there, but once in a while, he sneaks past me when i go in, and then hides, till he thinks I forget he's in there! So, I guess to add to your question is this, I have cats too, but try to keep the hair off my work, sooooo if anyone is alergic, let us know! thanks for posing that question Cindy!!

and here's max now, with his latest conquest!! On this particular day, he seemed to prefer my odd balls basket of yarns!

[ATTACH]41283[/ATTACH]

I have three cats, and the most recent addition, Max, is a yarn cat too. Whenever he sneaks in my yarn and craft room, he heads straight for a skein, usually red heart or vanna's, and proceeds to pull it apart if left to his own devices! My animals usually aren't allowed in there, but once in a while, he sneaks past me when i go in, and then hides, till he thinks I forget he's in there! So, I guess to add to your question is this, I have cats too, but try to keep the hair off my work, sooooo if anyone is alergic, let us know! thanks for posing that question Cindy!!

and here's max now, with his latest conquest!! On this particular day, he seemed to prefer my odd balls basket of yarns!

[ATTACH]41283[/ATTACH]

Oh, Max is a cutie! I don't have a special room for my crafty stuff but I do keep my yarn in totes or other kinds of bags. Also, when I'm crocheting, I pick off as much fur as I see (which isn't a lot but it does happen).

I baked these yesterday i think, for all you guys, but no one showed up darn it, so I'll just have to eat my way through them!!! But I'll be thinking of you all while i do it! tee hee hee!!

milk in hand, a toast! Here's to all of you granny square makers out there!!!!!!

[ATTACH]41289[/ATTACH] chips and away! (tinkle tinkle)

:2eek cookie look good!!!

I've got a banana smoothie that would taste good if a cookie was dipped in it! :lol

....so I was mad and sulked and cried for a day or so and now I'm ready to get this going. I called for a referral this morning from my gyn for the echocardiogram, stress test and the cardiologist. I have to wait a few weeks to heal before I can do the stress test. I hope to know when I can expect major heart surgery by the end of the summer. I know I have to lose 35 pounds and get things in order here at home and at work. That in itself should take a few years. LOL!

Hey I never got the email!? :drool Are there any left? :coffee They look yummy! I was going to make some snickerdoodles, but it is tooooo hot here to bake. :sweat(107 today; this weekend it's supposed to be 109 and 110...) I'll stay inside and crochet.

I baked these yesterday i think, for all you guys, but no one showed up darn it, so I'll just have to eat my way through them!!! But I'll be thinking of you all while i do it! tee hee hee!!

milk in hand, a toast! Here's to all of you granny square makers out there!!!!!!

[ATTACH]41283[/ATTACH]

Max is so cute! My puppy tries to follow me in my craft room (long story, our oldest son moved out. :( So now I have a craft room again. Kind of bittersweet.. :sigh). She doesn't usually get into my yarn (she has once, though).

I've got a banana smoothie that would taste good if a cookie was dipped in it! :lol

....so I was mad and sulked and cried for a day or so and now I'm ready to get this going. I called for a referral this morning from my gyn for the echocardiogram, stress test and the cardiologist. I have to wait a few weeks to heal before I can do the stress test. I hope to know when I can expect major heart surgery by the end of the summer. I know I have to lose 35 pounds and get things in order here at home and at work. That in itself should take a few years. LOL!

I hope all goes well, Susan. :hug:hug :hug

I just returned from grocery shopping, fixed a big cup of vanilla caramel coffee, and then found the cookie. Now I'm hungry! You must not have yelled loud enough for us to come get our cookie, or we would have been there in a flash.:clap Boy is it hot outside:eek.

Oh, dear, I am sorry to hear you are having major heart surgery. It is no fun, I've been there twice. Take care! :hug

Stopped by the PO while I was out, I mailed off 4 more squares this morning.:yay

:hug to you, Susan.

Cookies? Those look delish! Almost makes me want to bake some too but my kitchen is a wreck right now. I can't seem to pry myself away from my crocheting long enough to do anything but look on here for eye candy. I even put off those chores I mentioned earlier :oops to post the pattern I promised you ladies...

Kaleidoscope

by Leana Moon

(I'm only typing up the pattern for one square)

Finished square measures 10.5"

Materials:

Worsted weight yarn scraps

Hook, size H (5mm)

CENTER

With scrap color desired, ch 4; join with slip st to form a ring.

Rnd 1(mark as right side): Ch 3 (counts as first dc, now and throughout), 2 dc in ring, (ch 3, 3 dc in ring) 3 times, ch 1, hdc in first dc to form last ch-3 sp: 12 dc and 4 ch-3 sps.

Rnd 2: Ch 3, 2 dc in last ch-3 sp made, ch 1, *(3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp, ch 1; repeat from * 2 times more, 3 dc in same sp as first dc, ch 1, hdc in first dc to form last ch-3 sp: 24 dc and 8 sps.

Rnd 3: Ch 3, 2 dc in last ch-3 sp made, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, *(3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1; repeat from * 2 times more, 3 dc in same sp as first dc, ch 3; join with slip st to first dc, finish off: 36 dc and 12 sps.

SMALL TRIANGLES

First Small Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in any corner ch-3 sp; sc in same sp, (sc in next 3 dc and in next sp) 3 times, leave remaining sts unworked: 14 sc.

Rows 2-6: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, sc in next sc and in each sc across to last 2 sc, decrease: 4sc.

Row 7: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, decrease: 2 sc.

Row 8: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease; finish off: one sc.

Next 2 Small Triangles

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same sp as last sc on Row 1 of previous Small Triangle; sc in same sp, (sc in next 3 dc and in next sp) 3 times, leave remaining sts unworked: 14 sc.

Row 2-8: Same as First Small Triangle: one sc.

Last small Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same space as last sc on Row 1 of previous Small Triangle; sc in same sp and in next 3 dc, (sc in next sp and in next 3 dc) twice, sc in same sp as first sc of First Small Triangle: 14 sc.

Rows 2-8: Work same as First small Triangle: one sc.

LARGE TRIANGLES

First Large Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in sc at tip of any Small Triangle; work 23 sc evenly across end of rows ending in sc at tip of next Small Triangle: 24 sc.

Rows 2-11: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, sc in next sc and in each sc across to last 2 sc, decrease: 4 sc.

Row 12: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, decrease: 2 sc.

Row 13: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease; finish off: one sc.

Next 2 Large Triangles

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same st as last sc on Row 1 of previous Large Triangle; work 23 sc evenly across end of rows ending in last sc at tip of next Small Triangle: 24 sc.

Rows 2-13: Work same as First Large Triangle: one sc.

Last Large Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same st as last sc on Row 1 of previous Large Triangle; work 23 sc evenly across end of rows ending in same st as First Large Triangle: 24 sc.

BORDER

Rnd 1: With right side facing, join yarn with sc in sc at tip of any Large Triangle; * work 26 sc evenly spaced across end rows to sc at tip of next Large Triangle, (sc, ch 2, 2 sc) in sc at tip; repeat from * 2 times more, work 26 sc evenly spaced across end of rows, sc in same st as first sc, ch 2; join with slip st to first sc: 112 sc and 4 ch-2 sps.

Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in next 27 sc, (dc, ch 3 dc) in next ch-2 sp, * dc in next 28 sc, (dc, ch 3, dc) in next ch-2 sp; repeat from * 2 times more; join with slip st to first dc, finish off: 120 dc and 4 ch-3 sps.

Okay, I really am going to tackle that kitchen...:help

I've got a banana smoothie that would taste good if a cookie was dipped in it!

:lol yumm!!!

So sorry to hear that susan. I know it will all work out for the good, keep your chin up!

Hey I never got the email!? :drool Are there any left? :coffee They look yummy! I was going to make some snickerdoodles, but it is tooooo hot here to bake. :sweat(107 today; this weekend it's supposed to be 109 and 110...) I'll stay inside and crochet.

OH YEAH, should have emailed...LOL duh!

:hug to you, Susan.

Cookies? Those look delish! Almost makes me want to bake some too but my kitchen is a wreck right now. I can't seem to pry myself away from my crocheting long enough to do anything but look on here for eye candy. I even put off those chores I mentioned earlier :oops to post the pattern I promised you ladies...

Kaleidoscope

by Leana Moon

(I'm only typing up the pattern for one square)

Finished square measures 10.5"

Materials:

Worsted weight yarn scraps

Hook, size H (5mm)

CENTER

With scrap color desired, ch 4; join with slip st to form a ring.

Rnd 1(mark as right side): Ch 3 (counts as first dc, now and throughout), 2 dc in ring, (ch 3, 3 dc in ring) 3 times, ch 1, hdc in first dc to form last ch-3 sp: 12 dc and 4 ch-3 sps.

Rnd 2: Ch 3, 2 dc in last ch-3 sp made, ch 1, *(3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp, ch 1; repeat from * 2 times more, 3 dc in same sp as first dc, ch 1, hdc in first dc to form last ch-3 sp: 24 dc and 8 sps.

Rnd 3: Ch 3, 2 dc in last ch-3 sp made, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, *(3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1; repeat from * 2 times more, 3 dc in same sp as first dc, ch 3; join with slip st to first dc, finish off: 36 dc and 12 sps.

SMALL TRIANGLES

First Small Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in any corner ch-3 sp; sc in same sp, (sc in next 3 dc and in next sp) 3 times, leave remaining sts unworked: 14 sc.

Rows 2-6: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, sc in next sc and in each sc across to last 2 sc, decrease: 4sc.

Row 7: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, decrease: 2 sc.

Row 8: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease; finish off: one sc.

Next 2 Small Triangles

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same sp as last sc on Row 1 of previous Small Triangle; sc in same sp, (sc in next 3 dc and in next sp) 3 times, leave remaining sts unworked: 14 sc.

Row 2-8: Same as First Small Triangle: one sc.

Last small Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same space as last sc on Row 1 of previous Small Triangle; sc in same sp and in next 3 dc, (sc in next sp and in next 3 dc) twice, sc in same sp as first sc of First Small Triangle: 14 sc.

Rows 2-8: Work same as First small Triangle: one sc.

LARGE TRIANGLES

First Large Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in sc at tip of any Small Triangle; work 23 sc evenly across end of rows ending in sc at tip of next Small Triangle: 24 sc.

Rows 2-11: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, sc in next sc and in each sc across to last 2 sc, decrease: 4 sc.

Row 12: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease, decrease: 2 sc.

Row 13: Ch 1, turn; work begining decrease; finish off: one sc.

Next 2 Large Triangles

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same st as last sc on Row 1 of previous Large Triangle; work 23 sc evenly across end of rows ending in last sc at tip of next Small Triangle: 24 sc.

Last Large Triangle

Row 1: With right side facing, join next scrap color with sc in same st as last sc on Row 1 of previous Large Triangle; work 23 sc evenly across end of rows ending in same st as First Large Triangle: 24 sc.

BORDER

Rnd 1: With right side facing, join yarn with sc in sc at tip of any Large Triangle; * work 26 sc evenly spaced across end rows to sc at tip of next Large Triangle, (sc, ch 2, 2 sc) in sc at tip; repeat from * 2 times more, work 26 sc evenly spaced across end of rows, sc in same st as first sc, ch 2; join with slip st to first sc: 112 sc and 4 ch-2 sps.

Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in next 27 sc, (dc, ch 3 dc) in next ch-2 sp, * dc in next 28 sc, (dc, ch 3, dc) in next ch-2 sp; repeat from * 2 times more; join with slip st to first dc, finish off: 120 dc and 4 ch-3 sps.

Okay, I really am going to tackle that kitchen...:help

wow, looks very involved, I shall tackle that one day, yours was soooooo cute, we all just loved it! thanks for sharing! you da best!

:hug :hug :hug

:turtle:vheart

Last week I sent out 9, and only received 5 responses. I think after another week, I will pm the others, to find out what happened to the packages.

Probably some of them just don't respond,:think

Whatever!!! :yay I'm having fun making them, and sending them out.

And I loved the one you sent me- finally found the USB cord to my camera- and am charging the camera now- will post a pic tomorrow! (But I did thank you when I received it- can't imagine not):hug

I finally laid them all out and found out I only need 7 to complete! :eek 6 by 7 eight inch squares are just perfect in the evening outside or in the winter watching tv....

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

Archived