Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Hey guys. Not to be a downer, but they don't always let you know they get the squares. :( I don't know why, maybe life gets in the way, but I've had several never let me know they arrived. I think it's great to see the pics when people receive them though. :)

Last week I sent out 9, and only received 5 responses. I think after another week, I will pm the others, to find out what happened to the packages.

Probably some of them just don't respond,:think

Whatever!!! :yay I'm having fun making them, and sending them out.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last week I sent out 9, and only received 5 responses. I think after another week, I will pm the others, to find out what happened to the packages.

Probably some of them just don't respond,:think

Whatever!!! :yay I'm having fun making them, and sending them out.

Let me know who you don't hear from via PM or e-mail. :)

:turtle:vheart

I'll be sending off a batch on Friday or Saturday!! Hopefully Friday since Saturday it seems I'll hopefully be delivering some piggies! I've been on a square mission since I joined this so hopefully I get them out!

Some I contacted, some I haven't but it's been months.

Kim, that is gorgeous, the square and the blanket. Love all the squares people are getting. Very nice. :)

wow, im not on for ONEDAY, and I have tons of eye candy here waiting for me! These are gorgeous!

First things first,

Your very welcome Kim, glad you liked it!

Second order of biz, that's a shame if people don't at least acknowledge, I will always post, count on it, and most always will include pics, it's just how i ROLL! lol

Thirdly, SOPO!! GOt your sqaure today, it's simply divine, those colors complement each other so well, I just can't get over such pretty squares!!! Ilove the personal tag you attatched too, how considerate!!

And tied for third THANK you too Kimgoodie! Imagine my surprise, opening this puffy, I have TWO! count um TWO from her, and they are excellent, lovie that flower, gonna have to try that one!! I have the same book!!!

FOurthly, I was so surprised to see TWO PUFFIE"S (for lack of a better word, lol) in my mail today! I have a tote full of sealed and addressed envelopes, but have to wait till payday, when I get some mula, but I believe Sopo is on that list,,,,,so heads up lovlies, yours too shall arrive! I just gotta say, all of you do such wonderful work, Im very impressed with the talent, and generosity shown here in this forum, and actually in all the forums on the ville! This is one of the best things i ever did, to join crochetville!

Again, thank you so much for today's delivery Kim and Stephanie! I do and will cherish them, this makes number 2, 3, and 4!! woo hoo!! changing my sig to read 4/42 rec'd! thank you so much, what a nice end to a good day!!

dang in all the excitement, forgot to post the pics, here they be, my camera however does not do them justice, they are sooo nice, thank you ladies!!

[ATTACH]41205[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41208[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH][ATTACH]41210 [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]THANK YOU!!!

Katy, So glad you liked it. I'm not tight... :P I'm just slow. I'm trying to get everyone on the list sent at least one so I can start back through it. :lol

I know some are much faster and can wiz through it but either I'm really slow or don't get enough crochet time in. More going out soon. :hug

Katy, So glad you liked it. I'm not tight... :P I'm just slow. I'm trying to get everyone on the list sent at least one so I can start back through it. :lol

I know some are much faster and can wiz through it but either I'm really slow or don't get enough crochet time in. More going out soon. :hug

oh yes, i do love it! and knowing the colors and brand, was such a nice touch on the tag, Im gonna have to start doing that, mind if I copy, lol

I crochet rather fast, some say, but to me, it's just normal, and I probably can do a 6 inch in about 15 minutes or so, the 8 ones take a bit longer, and I have only done ONE 12 inch so far, ready to mail! I don't normally do anything over about an 8 inch, and that one was a bit of test of patience for me, lol but worth it, as it is for a neighbor of mine ;) and includes one for her daughter as well!!

It was fun to get something in the mail besides junk mail, but such lovely sqaures were FANTASTIC to receive! Thanks again, you and Kim both MADE MY DAY!! :hug:manyheart

I too, am working my way through said list, lol one square at a time, and I started with the 6 inchers, moved on through most of what i could do of them, as I really don't have much cotton for the ones wanting cotton on hand, but will try to oblige them as well, in the future. Then I moved on the list, to the 8 inchers, and working on those now... It's a hec of a job, but someone has got to make um!! lol and i like making grannys!

I've been breaking out all my crochet pattern books in search of squares to make. Most of them will probably end up being modified :hook to get the right size. What I do is find thumb through the patterns and look through the wishlist and find a square that "matches" someone's color requests. Of course, I don't follow the actual colors of the pattern, I just use them as inspiration. The 12" squares are the hardest to find inspiration for. I'm currently modifiying a pattern in hopes of getting it to work out to 12" :think. The hardest part is getting the color pattern to work out! So ladies, just know that I put a lot of thought into these squares!

mom w/a motif - I got your square today. I love it! The colour and bobbles are gorgeous.When I recieved it I realised what a slacker I have been.I haven't been on here in forever but that is about to change.I have already started a square to send out.I just needed an updated list so I can match it to someone. Also I love your idea of sending American candy (unfortunately we can get Werther's in Oz,but you can never have too much candy :D ) and have decided that I am going to start sending Aussie candy/snack with every package. I will post a pic on here when I am at mum's.For some reason my laptop and camera card do not like each other!

I really need to get back to making squares...:blush

mom w/a motif - I got your square today. I love it! The colour and bobbles are gorgeous.When I recieved it I realised what a slacker I have been.I haven't been on here in forever but that is about to change.I have already started a square to send out.I just needed an updated list so I can match it to someone. Also I love your idea of sending American candy (unfortunately we can get Werther's in Oz,but you can never have too much candy :D ) and have decided that I am going to start sending Aussie candy/snack with every package. I will post a pic on here when I am at mum's.For some reason my laptop and camera card do not like each other!

So nice to see you back Paula! Now I can take you off the MIA list. ;)

I just e-mailed you the newest list.

:turtle:vheart

Thanks Steph, i was in a car accident the day after my birthday, and I have had alot of downtime. I have been crocheting away.

Your welcome Katy...I appreciate all the excitement you got going on, keeping me reading and checking the site, and I too always make sure i thank everyone for sending. Its such a pleasure for both me and my daughter when the mailbox has a puffie. LoL

Cindy i totally agree you do put alot of work into your square. Thank you for that.

Have a great day, and glad to see ya back Aussie_Paula. Now you get to stalk your mailbox :clap

Going out for a bit this morning to search for a new car. Wish me luck!

Thanks so much to Sue and our new moderator helper who keep this thread going.

I help moderate a couple of swaps on Ravelry and it can be challenging at times.

It would also help if there is someone out there who is really close to putting theirs together and needs a few more squares to post, and even if I've sent you before I will send again. It is so much fun watching these blankets come together. My birthday blanket has got me pumped.

Oh I'm glad you got it! I was wondering about the Werther's candy... :sigh I tried to send candy you might not be able to get in Australia. Oh well.. :P:hug

Hi all, just checking in for my daily eye treats, and sniff sniff, I don't see any yet, b ut I will return later on, and check it all out! Tomorrow is the first of a new month, isn't Yeah, had to check, lol and a holiday as well is coming straight for us! Hope you all have your plans set for the holiday, and sure hoping those said plans allow a bit of "Yarning" time too!!!!! Ill check in later, enjoy your day!!!!!!

post-25772-135897671265_thumb.jpg

:cheer I received my first (2)squares. Thank you so much, Sue. The colors are beautiful. I am so excited!!:clap

Now I feel like I am a part of the group.

Archived