Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Thank you, guys.

Kim, if you are 25 again, I'm 115 again. <sigh> At least I feel it. :P

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread moves quickly, lol I needed to read through quite a few since my post yesterday! I like that though, a lot of active-ness. lol is that even a word?? Is now!

Im waiting impatiently, pacing the floor, for responses on the six i sent out, I have some more ready to go too! I hope everyone is pleased with them, and right before they got nillia'd up i remeasured them all, and they were sitting all at the proper measurements, so I hope they don't shrink or flatten out too much to throw off the size! Hope to hear from you six soon,and know for seven more, they will probably be mailed by the weekend! woo hoo, this is so much fun!

Happy birthday!!:birthday

I splurged and sent out 9 today, can't wait to hear from the ones that receive them. Now to get busy on next weeks:crocheting. There won't be that many every week, I had a few squares ahead.

Thank you again for the bday wishes.

Question, what do you consider earthtones? I know everyone has different ideas. Browns, beiges, greens, burnt oranges, deep burgundies? Or am I way off?

eta: and what is your idea of neutrals? Just want to be on the same page as others. ;)

HELP! I need a volunteer. Work is getting busy and now I'm full time, plus dealing with school (lots of reading for my classes). I need someone to monitor this CAL with me for the next month. They will just need to answer questions and send out the list. Plus when newbies join they will need to add their name to the list (so people will have to PM them too). Anyone? Darah was helping, but she disappeared from the Ville.

:turtle:vheart

I don't know what to do. I'm working on my first square and I can't get it to come out the right size. If I add a dc border, it is 1/4" too big; if I add a hdc border, it is 1/4" too small. What should I do?

Try what I call an Extended HDC. Its basically the same as the HDC, but instead of pulling through all 3 loops at once, you YO, pull through 1 loop, then YO and pull through the remaining loops.

Hope this helps :)

HELP! I need a volunteer. Work is getting busy and now I'm full time, plus dealing with school (lots of reading for my classes). I need someone to monitor this CAL with me for the next month. They will just need to answer questions and send out the list. Plus when newbies join they will need to add their name to the list (so people will have to PM them too). Anyone? Darah was helping, but she disappeared from the Ville.

:turtle:vheart

Hi Sue, do you still need a volunteer ? If so, Id be happy to help out.

I don't know what to do. I'm working on my first square and I can't get it to come out the right size. If I add a dc border, it is 1/4" too big; if I add a hdc border, it is 1/4" too small. What should I do?

What if you change hook size for the last round. That might do it just right. Most times, my squares never come out the size the pattern states by following it exactly. Just have to play around until you get it. :)

What if you change hook size for the last round. That might do it just right. Most times, my squares never come out the size the pattern states by following it exactly. Just have to play around until you get it. :)

Thanks! That did the trick! I was using a 5 mm G hook so I switched to a 5.25 mm G hook for the border and it came out perfect. Yay! Now it can go out in the mail! :yay

:clap:clap:clap thank you katyallen8090 for the beautiful square! you made my day!!!

as soon as i get a chance, ill have lacey take a picture of all the squares i have for my ghan and post it for me. her phone is sooo much better than mine!

thank you again!!!

:clap:clap:clap thank you katyallen8090 for the beautiful square! you made my day!!!

as soon as i get a chance, ill have lacey take a picture of all the squares i have for my ghan and post it for me. her phone is sooo much better than mine!

thank you again!!!

Your so welcome, I am having fun with this! I can't wait till the rest get theirs!!

All the ones I have been mailing (6" or 8") have all been $1.71. That's even putting a card in, or a postcard. HTH :)

How much does it usually cost to mail an 8" square in a manila envelope? I'd rather not drag both girls to the post office if I don't have to :P

Madyson asked me to post for her.. she recieved a nice square today and a sweet angle pin from someon in MO, I'm sorry I think the card says mary? she ran off with the card so I didnt get to look at it I just have the envlope

thank you very much she was the one who got the mail and came running to me I GOT MAIL MOMMY I GOT MAIL!

post-31502-135897669758_thumb.jpg

:mail thank you karishema!!! the square is so pretty amd the pin is absolutely beautiful!!! :cheer:hug

Hope you enjoy!

Madyson asked me to post for her.. she recieved a nice square today and a sweet angle pin from someon in MO, I'm sorry I think the card says mary? she ran off with the card so I didnt get to look at it I just have the envlope

thank you very much she was the one who got the mail and came running to me I GOT MAIL MOMMY I GOT MAIL!

Screenname is karishema, aka Mary, I hope she enjoys it!

Glad they arrived safely.

hi! Gotta a question. I have already sent some squares out, so hope Im not asking too late.

I was wondering when people specify colors for the squares they want, for instance,

Blue, Black, White, do they ONLY want squares made with those colors, or a predominance maybe of those colors, mixed with something complimentary?? I should have asked before mailing.:think And do they want solids of one of those colors, some say mixed, or all, Im confused though, lol Anyway, hope everyone likes the ones i have sent, and if not, lemme know, Ill do ya another! Or maybe even different shades of those colors??

Archived