Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

hi! Gotta a question. I have already sent some squares out, so hope Im not asking too late.

I was wondering when people specify colors for the squares they want, for instance,

Blue, Black, White, do they ONLY want squares made with those colors, or a predominance maybe of those colors, mixed with something complimentary?? I should have asked before mailing.:think And do they want solids of one of those colors, some say mixed, or all, Im confused though, lol Anyway, hope everyone likes the ones i have sent, and if not, lemme know, Ill do ya another! Or maybe even different shades of those colors??

I think if they state colors, those are the ones they mainly want. If they want solids, then it generally states solids so combining their listed colors would work. :) At least that's how I've been doing it.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi! Gotta a question. I have already sent some squares out, so hope Im not asking too late.

I was wondering when people specify colors for the squares they want, for instance,

Blue, Black, White, do they ONLY want squares made with those colors, or a predominance maybe of those colors, mixed with something complimentary?? I should have asked before mailing.:think And do they want solids of one of those colors, some say mixed, or all, Im confused though, lol Anyway, hope everyone likes the ones i have sent, and if not, lemme know, Ill do ya another! Or maybe even different shades of those colors??

If specific colors are listed, that's what they are looking for, but I'm sure if they match what they are doing all squares will be accepted. :)

:turtle:vheart

If specific colors are listed, that's what they are looking for, but I'm sure if they match what they are doing all squares will be accepted. :)

Hi, thanks for the replies, yes, I rechecked my notes, and I think im ok, lol but seriously, if someone out there gets one from me that can't use, might I ask them to pass it on, and let me know, so that I can make them another?? thanks all!

Wow Karishema, aka Mary has been very very busy!!! I got a lovely square and cute angel pin in the mail!!! Thank you so much!!! They are both so beautiful!!!!!! Camera battery is charging now for my vacation tomorrow- I'll get pics either later tonight or when I return!!!

Thank you again!! You made my day!!!:hug

:yayI am so glad everyone (so far) liked their square, and the angel.

I send out a prayer with each one of my angels, so wear it with love.:manyheart

I am having fun working on all the different squares, and it is helping clear up some of my stash.

Smilies are just too much fun, have got to leave them alone:devil

I got 2 very beautiful squares yesterday...I just totally forgot to say Thank You last night. lol :blush And a cute little white angel pen. :manyheart

The green one is from Karishema. I love the heart in the middle. Also the angel is awesome, everyone in my family loved it. haha :2hug And square #2 is from Katyallen8090. I love the colours! Such a pretty square. :c9 Thank you both very much! :hug

I hope everyone is doing great! :D

post-45262-135897669941_thumb.jpg

post-45262-135897669945_thumb.jpg

Hi, i have read through probably about half of this entire thread, and I gotta say, boo hoo, not too many pics here people! lol I love to see pics of what you got and what you made and what you are doing! So, those with cameras or phones that take pics, get busy, and post some pics..... I will post the second I recieve a square! And this thread too is a little over a year old, and I saw one finished ghan by Sue, so far, but I haven't been all the way through the thread yet, and it was lovely! I love the kinds of ghans that are a potpouri of color, they to me, are sp neat! So, if in the time you have been in this granny square cal, and have finsihed an afghan, if you have a pic of it, please post, as I would love to see everyone's lovely work! Ill do the same, like i said, when and if, lol keep on hookin'!

Hi, i have read through probably about half of this entire thread, and I gotta say, boo hoo, not too many pics here people! lol I love to see pics of what you got and what you made and what you are doing! So, those with cameras or phones that take pics, get busy, and post some pics..... I will post the second I recieve a square! And this thread too is a little over a year old, and I saw one finished ghan by Sue, so far, but I haven't been all the way through the thread yet, and it was lovely! I love the kinds of ghans that are a potpouri of color, they to me, are sp neat! So, if in the time you have been in this granny square cal, and have finsihed an afghan, if you have a pic of it, please post, as I would love to see everyone's lovely work! Ill do the same, like i said, when and if, lol keep on hookin'!

What page was the finished afghan on? I would love to see it!

Here's the link to the show and tell thread that I posted it on. :)

That was a beautiful ghan, I can't wait to get started receiving some.

I made 2 more squares today. They are such fun to make, because they can be done quickly and then on to another pattern. I get bored on big

projects.:angry

Mary, I am like you... I get bored easily! lol Love doing squares but hate big projects.

I'll try to get mine together and post a pic of the ones I've received soon. Maybe later this evening. Just mowed and fed horses so about to hit the shower and head to town. I really NEED a giant 42 oz Sonic Coke about now. :lol

Hope you enjoy!

Screenname is karishema, aka Mary, I hope she enjoys it!

Glad they arrived safely.

lol I know that now! as I did not find where she hid the card till this morning, she actualy put it under her pillow. she was afraid daddy would throw it away on her (the card). if she left it on the table. all I rememberd from the card was a first name LOL> but ty she loves it.. I promiss her tomarrow I"m going to pull all the squares out of the closet where I put them for safe keepings and see how many more she will need for her blanket and how may more i'll be needing for mine.

Wow! Such a beautiful work of art! I can't wait to start receiving squares of my own! I promise to take pics of them and show them here.

I finished another square tonight. It is so awesome, my mom wants an entire afghan made of them! I can't wait to put it in the mail and see a pic of it here.

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well. if anyone needs an updated list,please PM me. If you would like to be added to the list please PM me and Sue (turtlelvr) both.

Have a great night and crochet safely :hug

ok, I took pics of mine and Lil_Hippie's squares tonight.

Here are the ones I have received so far. Aren't they all great? :clap Thanks again for them. :hug

I have more to go out this week. :hook

I'll let Brittany post hers

post-44513-135897670372_thumb.jpg

These are the square's I've got so far. Aren't they groovy? :D ...Yes, I know Sopo is going to bean me for using that word. lol :devil I love all of my squares, can't wait to start putting it together!!!

Thanks to everyone that has sent 'em to me! :2hug

post-45262-135897670377_thumb.jpg

at least it wasn't groovylicious. we have a friend and I think that is the only 2 words she knows! :lol

All the squares look really nice. I was posting the ones I received until I lost the camera for awhile. I found it and if I receive anymore I'll post pics. I have been terrible lately with crocheting. Can' t seem to get the head into it. I did finish a small square for someone but haven't mailed it. I know there are a few more I need to send out. Hopefully I will get busy soon. I joined the granny square swap so that will force me to make a couple of squares and then maybe I can get moving again. By the way, since you ladies like making squares why don't you join us on the KISS Granny Square Swap? Signups are open until June 30th. Keep up the lovely work ladies.

Archived