Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

i was thinking of drawing a pisces symbol on the belly but my art skills are even more lacking than my sewing skills...

I have alot of different crafting abilities, unfortunetly drawing isn't one of my skills. I liked the fish button. Your sewing skills looked good, the ami you made really did turn out cute :hug

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good afternoon. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Got some sad news today. My DIL has had either a miscarriage or she has an ectopic pregnancy again. She went through this in June and it looks like it's happened again:( They are keeping me updated as to what is going on. They were really excited again but this time they didn't tell too many people. I only found out early this week. She is also in my DD wedding next Sat. Poor thing she is just so sad:( They have a little girl who will be 3 in Dec. and really want another one. We will see what the future holds for them.

I'm spending the day trying to catch up on all my projects since next week is going to be hectic.

Hope everyone is having a great day.:hug

I'm so sorry for you and your daughter. I've been there before. :hug

Thanks so much Melissa B. for the cute cat ami. I :manyheart it. The fish button is tooo cute. Great Job :cheer

I'm posting a picture of the cute cat ami and a close-up "preview" of my ami, Now all I have to do is make the attachment pieces and put it together, I hope to finish it tonight.

Cute kitty-cat! :yes

Just a note about the ami swap. You should have it mailed by this Wed (10/13) to guarantee your partner gets it by the deadline of 10/20! So far only 2 have been received and another was mailed, but waiting for someone to get their mail in Tenn! :lol

:turtle:vheart

If all goes well, I see no problem with me having mine out Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing all the amis! :)

I officially have the ami packaged and ready to go. Now I didn't know that tomorrow is a holiday because during all the chaos going on I lost track of time. So it will be going out on Tuesday!!!!!! I'm so excited ^_^.

Good afternoon. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Got some sad news today. My DIL has had either a miscarriage or she has an ectopic pregnancy again. She went through this in June and it looks like it's happened again:( They are keeping me updated as to what is going on. They were really excited again but this time they didn't tell too many people. I only found out early this week. She is also in my DD wedding next Sat. Poor thing she is just so sad:( They have a little girl who will be 3 in Dec. and really want another one. We will see what the future holds for them.

I'm spending the day trying to catch up on all my projects since next week is going to be hectic.

So sorry to hear about that. I hope she will recover and be able to try again.

uh yeah about that...ummm...i'll be heading to washington state on the 14th....

So I guess that means you can pick it up? I made pictures of it and may post them on my blog. So avoid that.

I officially have the ami packaged and ready to go. Now I didn't know that tomorrow is a holiday because during all the chaos going on I lost track of time. So it will be going out on Tuesday!!!!!! I'm so excited ^_^.

Glad to see you back!

So sorry :hug...I will keep her in my prayers.

oh heather...the bathroom at our new house in anoka has pink tile...

:manyheart ...actually, believe it or not, I am not the one who picked out the pink carpet in my house - it was already here when I moved in...I do love pink, but am saving up for hardwood.

:manyheart ...actually, believe it or not, I am not the one who picked out the pink carpet in my house - it was already here when I moved in...I do love pink, but am saving up for hardwood.

You'll love hardwood floors! I had the original hardwood in my house re-done. They are lovely.

I received a great square fromm Darah yesterday. Its very thick and looks complicated! Thanks so much!

You're so welcome! It's actually just the wool-eater pattern with an edging added :)

I am so sorry - I have a couple friends who have gone through this multiple times and both of them ended up with healthy pregnancies and happy healthy munchkins. I'll keep her in my thoughts and hopefully in time she'll be able to try again. :hug

Well today was the last day of my extra work days and Thursday I start my regular hours. I'm hoping that next week I can get back to making squares so everyone on the list will have one from me!

Tomorrow and Wednesday I'm off, so we're hitting HL for some fabric and other goodies. My poor sewing machine is so lonely! :lol

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and :hug. She had surgery this morning, it was ectopic and this time they had to remove the tube. She is doing ok but she and my ds are both sad:(. Luckily the other tube is fine, so they can still have another baby when the time is right.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and :hug. She had surgery this morning, it was ectopic and this time they had to remove the tube. She is doing ok but she and my ds are both sad:(. Luckily the other tube is fine, so they can still have another baby when the time is right.

They are in my thoughts.:hug

I will be mailing my ami out tomorrow....he will be going with bells on it was a struggle to wrangle him into the box and i now hear muffled screeching....at least there is an air hole for him....:lol

So sorry to hear about that. I hope she will recover and be able to try again.

So I guess that means you can pick it up? I made pictures of it and may post them on my blog. So avoid that.

Glad to see you back!

I'm so glad to be back. I was having cville withdraws lol :P. My ami is going out tomorrow too I'm so excited! Maybe we should try this or something similar in December or something :D. Also Thanks a ton to Melissa B for the awesome square. It's gorgeous and I will post pics as soon as I get a chance to.

Look what i been doing :) My husband and I hung two brackets, then I painted the wood shelf, and he put together my wire shelf thingies for me. Then I've been trying to organize my craft supplies. Mostly they were all in bins. Yarns in some, fabric in some, and everything else in various other bins. What a mess. So I got some smaller shoebox plastic boxes, and am going to hook jars up to the underside of the wood shelf to hold buttons, beads, and sewing needles. It'll be fun to be so organized hehe

Also while I was sorting my yarn a bit, I found this skein. It feels like acrylic but I don't know what brand it is. I'm pretty sure this must have been given to me some time. Is this red heart yarn? It's kind of cute.

post-422-135897583814_thumb.jpg

post-422-135897583816_thumb.jpg

Hey your bins are looking good. I've been organizing a lot lately myself. Boy that yarn certainly grows doesn't it:lol.

How's everyone doing. I've been away from my computer for a couple of days and I'm trying to catch up. The ami are so cute. Can't wait to see more. You ladies have definitely got me wanting to give it a try.

Hope to get a couple of squares done this week but I've had so many doctor's appointments in the last couple of weeks I haven't done anything else. Of course my crochet bag is always with me, never leave home without it.

:hug

I will be mailing my ami out tomorrow....he will be going with bells on it was a struggle to wrangle him into the box and i now hear muffled screeching....at least there is an air hole for him....:lol

I hope you put air holes in the box! :lol

I'm so glad to be back. I was having cville withdraws lol :P. My ami is going out tomorrow too I'm so excited! Maybe we should try this or something similar in December or something :D. Also Thanks a ton to Melissa B for the awesome square. It's gorgeous and I will post pics as soon as I get a chance to.

I'm hoping to start another one the first of November for Christmas. That way it gives people plenty of time to get things made and sent.

Look what i been doing :) My husband and I hung two brackets, then I painted the wood shelf, and he put together my wire shelf thingies for me. Then I've been trying to organize my craft supplies. Mostly they were all in bins. Yarns in some, fabric in some, and everything else in various other bins. What a mess. So I got some smaller shoebox plastic boxes, and am going to hook jars up to the underside of the wood shelf to hold buttons, beads, and sewing needles. It'll be fun to be so organized hehe

Also while I was sorting my yarn a bit, I found this skein. It feels like acrylic but I don't know what brand it is. I'm pretty sure this must have been given to me some time. Is this red heart yarn? It's kind of cute.

Looks good!

Hey your bins are looking good. I've been organizing a lot lately myself. Boy that yarn certainly grows doesn't it:lol.

How's everyone doing. I've been away from my computer for a couple of days and I'm trying to catch up. The ami are so cute. Can't wait to see more. You ladies have definitely got me wanting to give it a try.

Hope to get a couple of squares done this week but I've had so many doctor's appointments in the last couple of weeks I haven't done anything else. Of course my crochet bag is always with me, never leave home without it.

I hope everything is okay! :hug

Oh, I'm fine Sue, just getting old it seems :lol Things I never had problems with suddenly don't seem to work well anymore. I am home sick today. Just not up to par at all. I fight it most of the time but today it won.

Sue, what are you going to start in December?

How is everyone else doing today?

........... SwOoPiNg in to say :hi HI...............

How is everyone this morning?

I'm good............. BUSY as always!!!

I have my Ami Swap done and ready to head to the post office this afternoon on my way to get the boys from school!

This week is going to be spent getting some serious work done on Christmas gifts!!!! :hook

:heart

:mug

Archived