Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

i'm SO jealous...maybe next time i'm in your area we can meet up...i LOVE Tamarack! it's great...and i can park there! i've shopped there quite a bit lately for little gifts for friends...

well i've run out of package tape! but i have 5(!!) squares to mail out! plus grandmom's lapghan...and a couple of other packages...

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pat54! Thank you thank you! <3 I was so surprised to get a square, yippie! I just love it, the color is awesome and the stitch design is really pretty. Thank you :)

look, she must even have a gnome who puts hand prints on her tags! :manyheart cute hehe

You are very welcome, and of course you'd be getting a square you are in the this CAL :lol. Don't mind me, I'm still trying to figure out what day of the week it is.:think

Afternoon ladies. I have had one heck of a week and after a long day and thinking hard I decided to drop one of my classes. I was almost in tears each day thinking of having to go back to it and decided it just wasnt worth the worry. plus it involved so much studying i couldnt fit in the time to study for my nursing boards which should be coming up soon.

now I will have more time to try and get stuff done and get some squares out.

Hang in there, we are rooting for you.

Oh Sue, I apparently need an updated list. I decided to check my list against the first post and there is a newbie there. Oh my, need to get her a square. I already know what I'm making just need an address. Thank you.

We have a black dutch rabbit. I have always wanted a rabbit and last year at Easter time we were at Tractor Supply. They had rabbits (of course, Easter) and I told my hubby I want that one right there. He says "Okay". :eek "Really?!?!?!" She (we think) is a blast! Love to watch her run around the house and binky :yay

:manyheart

I got Bunz on whim as well. I was in jacks aquarium and pets and I usually refuse to buy from pet stores due to they almost always die on me. But he was just a lil white fluff ball and I picked him up to pet him and I literally never put him down. I HAD to have him right then and there. & DH was probably like well if i don't buy him we'll never leave. :rofl I'm so glad that I have him back and he's right at home again already. Things just have a way of working themselves out sometimes.

Pat54! I got your square today!!!! After the day I had, it was nice to come home to such a sweet surprise :) I hopefully will get a chance to take some pics on Friday (my day off)

Have you ever had one of those days when you just wanted to sock someone in the throat? grrrr... glad to be home with my sweetie and my Cville friends :) I have to go to the store and get stuff for spaghetti and bread for a potluck tomorrow, might wait until later when the store's aren't as crowded... maybe a late-night Super Walmart run is in order...

I mailed two squares out today. To sweetpossibilities, and jamie teakaycee's dd. :manyheart Watch your mailboxes, ladies. I got DC on them so hopefully they won't get lost. I still don't know if that square I mailed out almost a month ago; ever got to the person, or not.. :think

Just saying Hi! to everybody. Been seeing everyone talk about finishing the list. I'm so far behind, but please don't give up on me! Life has been throwing a lot of curve balls to me lately, but I'm working to try and get squares out to ALL. Just a little slow. Got several made needing to mail out, and working on trying to complete the list soon as I can. :manyheart to all.

Have you ever had one of those days when you just wanted to sock someone in the throat? grrrr... glad to be home with my sweetie and my Cville friends :) I have to go to the store and get stuff for spaghetti and bread for a potluck tomorrow, might wait until later when the store's aren't as crowded... maybe a late-night Super Walmart run is in order...

I work retail...I have that "I want to smack you in the mouth" feeling a few times a week. :)

I work retail...I have that "I want to smack you in the mouth" feeling a few times a week. :)

I'm actually kind of dreading the next 2 days... it's the Assistant Manager's "weekend" so I'm stuck working with some punk 18 year old who's been there about a month and is still asking 1st/2nd week questions... ugh. I try to have patients with him because I know it's his first job EVER, but the kid moves at a snails pace... cone on, you're 18, way too young to be draggin a**, I'm not "old" (26) but I'm about 80 pounds overweight and I work circles around the kid, there's something wrong with that picture...

BTW- we're talking about a gas station here... not the hardest job ever, but we take our fair share of customer abuse and we've got (IMO) the cleanest store in Cali...

I mailed two squares out today. To sweetpossibilities, and jamie teakaycee's dd. :manyheart Watch your mailboxes, ladies. I got DC on them so hopefully they won't get lost. I still don't know if that square I mailed out almost a month ago; ever got to the person, or not.. :think

I will absolutely be on the lookout :cheer!! I loves getting squares :D!

Just saying Hi! to everybody. Been seeing everyone talk about finishing the list. I'm so far behind, but please don't give up on me! Life has been throwing a lot of curve balls to me lately, but I'm working to try and get squares out to ALL. Just a little slow. Got several made needing to mail out, and working on trying to complete the list soon as I can. :manyheart to all.

I know how you feel so far I have only been able to send out like maybe 14 ish squares. So I am nowhere near done either :P.

I'm actually kind of dreading the next 2 days... it's the Assistant Manager's "weekend" so I'm stuck working with some punk 18 year old who's been there about a month and is still asking 1st/2nd week questions... ugh. I try to have patients with him because I know it's his first job EVER, but the kid moves at a snails pace... cone on, you're 18, way too young to be draggin a**, I'm not "old" (26) but I'm about 80 pounds overweight and I work circles around the kid, there's something wrong with that picture...

BTW- we're talking about a gas station here... not the hardest job ever, but we take our fair share of customer abuse and we've got (IMO) the cleanest store in Cali...

I used to help out at a gas station when I was like 14/15 and it wasn't much pay since it was under the table (too young to work there) only like 10 bucks a week. However I found it to be fun (not saying it's easy I never did anything more than stocking and fronting products). I would honestly say though that gas station employees are really underpaid for what they have to put up with and do. So even though you might say it's not really the hardest job ever I would say it's one of em :P.

Pat...you've been one busy lady!!!! :crocheting I got a beautiful square today!!!!! Thank you soooo much! :c9

You are very welcome.

Ladies as for getting squares to everyone on the list, that was a personal goal for me, and certainly not my intent to make anyone feel bad. I was very fortunate to have the time this summer since we did a lot of driving and that is actually when I got the most crocheting done. My DBF always says, "do you have your crochet with you?" If I'm crocheting I don't complain about his driving:drive. He prefers to drive in silence, no radio, no long conversations, an occasional comment is ok, so I just crochet and we get along very well on the drives. I usually managed to get a square done on each trip.

Those are the two things I do all the time in the car. I hate just sitting there. I guess for me it's like watching TV. If you can get me to just sit and watch it's really very very good, otherwise I'm watching and crocheting or watching and reading. It's a good thing I don't get motion sickness, I'll be in big trouble.:lol

i've worked at a gas station and it could get bad! does your station have truck parking?

another "hard" job...i worked in a day care with 15 month olds for almost 5 years...i LOVED it...

comprimise at it's best Pat!

Glad you like them Glenda!

I've got some more squares that will be going out this Friday...I'm trying to get to some of the people that I haven't sent squares to yet. I got wrapped up in some other projects lately, and haven't been very faithful about sending friendship squares...

Afternoon ladies. I have had one heck of a week and after a long day and thinking hard I decided to drop one of my classes. I was almost in tears each day thinking of having to go back to it and decided it just wasnt worth the worry. plus it involved so much studying i couldnt fit in the time to study for my nursing boards which should be coming up soon.

now I will have more time to try and get stuff done and get some squares out.

Worry about your boards! They are more important! :hug

Oh Sue, I apparently need an updated list. I decided to check my list against the first post and there is a newbie there. Oh my, need to get her a square. I already know what I'm making just need an address. Thank you.

Sent! :)

One day? Just one? Its usually everyday for me! :lol

I started the CAL and I'm not close to getting a square to everyone yet! :lol

So many stores of any kind would rather hire a kid for cheap that does a half a** job than someone who really needs a job and would bust their a**. Can you tell I'm getting frustrated with the job hunt??? :angry

I've never been able to crochet in the car...It gives me motion sickness - can't read in a car either...

I thought I couldn't crochet in the car either because reading makes me sick too, but if I make a pattern I don't have to read I'm fine.

Heather thank you so much for the two squares they are beautiful!!!:hug

My pictures will not upload. I'll try again later.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/glendamathews/IMG_2105.jpg

Very pretty!!

Here is a picture of all my squares so far!!! Thank you everyone!!!!!:hug

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/glendamathews/IMG_2109.jpg

Looking awesome!!

:turtle:vheart

Good afternoon ladies! I'm in a cherry mood today!! Found out I'm able to take my rabbit back!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

:clap

We've had 2 rabbits. One we moved into a rental house and the previous tenants LEFT their rabbit behind! :eek So we took care of the big ol' beast (about 20lbs) until we could find him a home.

Then we had one that showed up at our neighbors (found him eating the horse's feed). We lived on a very rural road and people were dumping baby rabbits. Found lots of them dead on the road. He was so friendly, but after we moved he started having seizures (have you ever heard a rabbit scream???) so we had him put to sleep. :(

:sun........... Good Morning Friends............

I'm off to Hobby Lobby this morning........... I have some yarn and fabric to get.

So I'll catch up with you all later!

have a great day everyone!

:heart

:mug

That is going to look so nice, Glenda. It looks nice already. :D

Here is a picture of all my squares so far!!! Thank you everyone!!!!!:hug

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/glendamathews/IMG_2109.jpg

Awww. Poor guy. (The rabbit having the seizures..) Every time we go to the animal place (it's more like a "feed store") our 13 year old looks at the rabbits. He wanted to get one so bad. I think he's finally giving up on it. (His Dad says no.) If it was up to me, we would probably have dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, lizards, turtles... :P

:clap

We've had 2 rabbits. One we moved into a rental house and the previous tenants LEFT their rabbit behind! :eek So we took care of the big ol' beast (about 20lbs) until we could find him a home.

Then we had one that showed up at our neighbors (found him eating the horse's feed). We lived on a very rural road and people were dumping baby rabbits. Found lots of them dead on the road. He was so friendly, but after we moved he started having seizures (have you ever heard a rabbit scream???) so we had him put to sleep. :(

Archived