Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

Afternoon all................ :mug

How is everyone today?

any new dishcloths being made?

Hate to pop in and run....... but I need to finish a blanket for my youngest... and I'm movin' a bit slow due to this darn summer cold. *blahh*

need more coffee too!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, Hope your feeling better Tam. I know summer colds are no fun.

I have been searching for patterns, I think I have found a few :-) I have been crocheting a few Chemo hats for my friend who begins Chemo Friday it will be her second round.I also finished up a prayer shawl for her last night. So i'm ready for the swap I can't wait. :-)

2 Days left to sign up!

Here's how the game will work:

After sign up, I'll send each person a random participant's address and word. You'll make a set of dishcloths (at least three) based on the word that they sent to you. For example, if someone said they were "sunny", you could use colors that you think are sunny, or make a pattern that seems sunny to you. Just be creative. You can also add other stuff for your buddy based on their word, but at least three dishcloths need to be included, as well as an explanation as to why you chose what you did.

Partners, projects, and reasons should be kept a secret until the person receives their package and then posts pictures, their word, and who their partner was. All packages need to be delivered by the end of September.

So far I have signed up:

PiscesCrocheter

Lilly Flower

TurtleLvr

nicolep

teakaycee

hhensler

SouthernJudy

CandEsMom

csclark626

The names in red are the ones that have messaged me their information.

I've just been a lurker enjoying all your beautiful dishcloths. Today I ran across this website and I don't know if it has been shared before but you knitters will love it.

http://www.dishandwashclosthmania.com. I knit very little but I marked some. The ones I looked at I only found a couple that were dead links and I looked at many. Enjoy!

Last day to sign up!!!

I'll probably be sending out partners tonight. No one new has signed up in days, and I have school tomorrow. I'll give it a couple of more hours while I do some stuff around the house.

:cheer:hook:cheer

Ok everyone!! Sign up is CLOSED. and.... everyone has their partners sent to them!!! So get creative, and here is a reminder of the game:

You'll make a set of dishcloths (at least three) based on the word that they sent to you. For example, if someone said they were "sunny", you could use colors that you think are sunny, or make a pattern that seems sunny to you. Just be creative. You can also add other stuff for your buddy based on their word, but at least three dishcloths need to be included, as well as an explanation as to why you chose what you did.

Partners, projects, and reasons should be kept a secret until the person receives their package and then posts pictures, their word, and who their partner was. All packages need to be delivered by the end of September.

Remember, it's a secret who you have!!!

And.. now for my twist...

The first person who posts that they recieved their box as well as a picture to prove it will earn the person who sent the box a prize to be sent by me. :-D

Also, I'm sure that we all have the best intentions, but life does happen (but hopefully it won't affect the game) so if anyone is interested in taking on a second person in the case that someone has to drop out please let me know. (not that it has happened, just precautions)

I'm working on an extra for my partner. I hope she likes blue.

Is anyone else having questionable thoughts about what colors to use??? I know my word doesn't give much insight to color.

:turtle:vheart

Good morning everyone! I finished one dishcloth for my partner, and am trying to think about what other patterns to make...

Sue, you asked about color... I am doing a couple of different colors and some plain off whites and hoping for the best. I personally like any color for dishcloths...

The first person who posts that they recieved their box as well as a picture to prove it will earn the person who sent the box a prize to be sent by me. :-D

Oh, I wonder what the surprise will be?! This is so much fun!!!!:cheer

post-18634-135897565997_thumb.jpg

So sorry I have been MIA ladies. This cold had me knocked down more than I thought.... and of course still trying to get things done... getting kids still settled in at school... getting some crochet projects done that NEEDED to get done... tonight is going to be a busy night of getting things ready for our 3 hour drive to the State Fair. Patrick is in the Marching Band and they will perform at 11am. We'll hang out and enjoy the rest of the fair... then head home... So I'll get 6 hours of good crochet time tomorrow. Then Sunday its Church and a double header baseball game for Patrick. I'll get to do some crocheting at the games too!

So with being sick... and not being able to get too much crocheting done... I'll be able to make up for it this weekend. :hook

Well... off to get a refill on my coffee and do a few things to get ready for tomorrow... and sneak a little crocheting in.

I'm making a little surprise for David... he bought himselff a Dwarf Hamster with his birthday money yesterday ... so I'm making the little cutie a little hut to hide in.

Oh.............. quick show & share

this is a Davids Birthday Blankie. A really sweet 'fellow crocheter' friend made the squares and I put them together.

He LOVES it

post-18634-135897565994_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897565988_thumb.jpg

Thanks Heather ... we will!

Okay... I JUST finished the little hut for "Theodore"

I think he likes it too!!! :D

post-18634-135897566033_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]25941[/ATTACH]

So sorry I have been MIA ladies. This cold had me knocked down more than I thought.... and of course still trying to get things done... getting kids still settled in at school... getting some crochet projects done that NEEDED to get done... tonight is going to be a busy night of getting things ready for our 3 hour drive to the State Fair. Patrick is in the Marching Band and they will perform at 11am. We'll hang out and enjoy the rest of the fair... then head home... So I'll get 6 hours of good crochet time tomorrow. Then Sunday its Church and a double header baseball game for Patrick. I'll get to do some crocheting at the games too!

So with being sick... and not being able to get too much crocheting done... I'll be able to make up for it this weekend. :hook

Well... off to get a refill on my coffee and do a few things to get ready for tomorrow... and sneak a little crocheting in.

I'm making a little surprise for David... he bought himselff a Dwarf Hamster with his birthday money yesterday ... so I'm making the little cutie a little hut to hide in.

Oh.............. quick show & share

this is a Davids Birthday Blankie. A really sweet 'fellow crocheter' friend made the squares and I put them together.

He LOVES it

[ATTACH]25939[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]25940[/ATTACH]

You need to start feeling better Tam! Hug the birthay boy for me!! :hug

Thanks Heather ... we will!

Okay... I JUST finished the little hut for "Theodore"

I think he likes it too!!! :D

[ATTACH]25950[/ATTACH]

Too cute!

:turtle:vheart