Another Butterfly Bookmark

champygirl

Please send me a pm if you find any errors.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another Butterfly Bookmark

post-11825-135897491718_thumb.jpg

Copyright to Champygirl January 2, 2010

Materials:
Size 10 thread in black and variegated thread
Size 7 steel hook (1.65mm)
Needle (to weave in ends)

Finish size: Butterfly part- 1 ½”h x 1 ¼”w” inches, Bookmark as a whole- about 16 ½”h inches

Directions:

Body: With Black ch6, join with sl st to first chain to form ring. Ch3, 2 dc in ring, [ch7, 3dc in ring] Do this 2 times, ch7, sl st in 2nd chain from hook and in each of the next 5 chains, ch6, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, and in each of the next 4 chains, sl st into same chain as last sl st is in of first antenna, 3 dc in ring, ch7, 3 dc in ring ch7, join with sl st to top of ch3.
(15dc, 4-ch7 spaces and 2 antennas) (ch3 count as dc and the chains with sl sts worked into are the antennas)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Wings:

Wing 1: Join variegated with sc to 3rd dc from 2nd antenna, 15 hdc in next ch7 space, skip next dc 1sc in next dc, skip next dc, 14 hdc in next ch7 space, 1 sc and sl st in same ch7 space.
(29hdc, 3sc, 1 sl st)

Finish off.

Wing 2: Join variegated with sl st to next ch7 space from bottom part of wing 1, ch1, 1 sc and 14 hdc in same ch7 space, skip next dc, 1 sc in next dc, skip next dc, 15 hdc in next ch7 space, 1 sc in next dc.
(29hdc, 3 sc, 1 sl st)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Bookmark part:

With wrong side facing insert hook in between center dc on one side of the butterfly’s body, and then out the other side going in between the other center dc.

Measure out 100”inches of thread, at the 50”inch mark fold thread in half over hook (this will create a loop), pull loop on hook through sides of butterfly. Now working with both strands of thread chain until you have 4” to 5”inches of thread left.

Tassel: Cut 3-10”inch strands of thread in the black and then cut 5 strands in the variegated. Insert hook into last chain made, fold pieces of thread over hook, pull up a loop (with pieces of thread), take hook out of loop and pull loose ends through loop and pull taut. Make a knot to secure tassel (optional). Trim tassel to make sure it’s even or to desired length.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl January 2, 2010. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

First of all, to firemanstalker: Here's a link to a page that explains how to read a pattern: http://www.crochetnmore.com/123readapattern.htm There are quite a few more excellent ones. Just google 'how to read a crochet pattern'. I'm sure that we have a how-to section here but I seldom get past the original patterns & the pattern links.

To ChampyGirl: You have my undyilng gratitude for this one :)- I'll have to manage to get to the library to print it but somehow I will. This is gorgeous and I love butterflies most of all - butterflies and dolphins.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived