So did anyone receive crochet related gifts?

I got 2 handmade wooden crochet lapel pins to wear on my jacket. One is an actual crochet hook, the other had a small swatch of crocheting on it. Also received a gift certificate to a new LYS I love. DH and I swapped gift certificates for the store.

I DID!! Not that the average person on the street would recognize chunks of wood as crochet related gifts, but oh they are very crochet related! I got a block of Olive wood from a very generous and talented elf here in the Ville, and Black Palm, and several exotic wood turning blanks from my son in Portland!! Hooks hiding in each piece, just waiting to be discovered!

Maybe I wasn't so naughty afterall??

Nope, no yarn or other crochet-type items. New Vacuum, cellphone and gift cards to get my hair cut. Son got me gift certificate to Barns and Noble so I can renew my membership and get what I want (crochet pattern books) for discounted prices.

I DID!! Not that the average person on the street would recognize chunks of wood as crochet related gifts, but oh they are very crochet related! I got a block of Olive wood from a very generous and talented elf here in the Ville, and Black Palm, and several exotic wood turning blanks from my son in Portland!! Hooks hiding in each piece, just waiting to be discovered!

Maybe I wasn't so naughty afterall??

ummm WHOA - your hooks are BEAUTIFUL.

I didn't receive anything crochet-related this year. Seeing as how I have everything I need and a stash that will probably last me another 2 years, I'm not too disappointed. ;)

I was spoiled...

I had three yarn kits on my wishlist for Herrschners and got all three! The Ladybug Afghan (I'm going to make it for our little 4-year-old neighbor across the street), the Mr. and Mrs. Snowman (they are so cute), and Bright Squares Afghan (Patons).

This, of course, has completely torpedoed my Stashbuster total for the year... :lol

I also got some crochet books. :c9

I got a gift card for JoAnn's from a co-worker,my oldest daughter bought me 4skeins of Sensations from JoAnn's, my youngest daughter and gs bought me prayer shawl book 2 <now to buy first book>, my mother gave me a gift card from hobby lobby and my serect santa from church gave me 4 books and 10 skeins of RH yarn.

Sweet Hubby :hug:manyheart set up a dedicated craft room for me, complete with tons of storage. I am so excited to be able to get everything in one room and out of the plastic bins!

....... :rock heading to my craft room with a happy hum! :c9

I did too! DH spent a lot of time trying to find an afghan hook and finally settled on a set that included stitch markers, yarn bobbins, and several Boye hooks which is great (I'm working to replace my first set of hooks, generic and not too comfy, with others that fit my hand better), and MIL sent yarn and a book called "Embellished Crochet".

I'm really starting to appreciate our family's tradition of making Christmas lists now!

I got a nice surprise gift from a crochet buddy she sent me a handmade crochet hot pad a face washcloth and scrubbie a pair of crazy neat socks and 4 skeins of Lion Brand wool ease yarn in dark grape color. And got Christmas gifts of green too.

While technically NOT crochet items, I got(actually had to buy for work) a new laptop. Sooooo........... I have decided to use the old one strictly for filing and storing all of my patterns. I removed all of the work related and extraneous programs and am in the process(albeit slowly) of scanning in my patterns and organizing them.

I bought the Ladybug Afghan from Herrschners also, but I haven't attempted to make it yet. You are soooo lucky to have received crocheted kits. I didn't get anything crochet related.

Carol:hook

I was spoiled...

I had three yarn kits on my wishlist for Herrschners and got all three! The Ladybug Afghan (I'm going to make it for our little 4-year-old neighbor across the street), the Mr. and Mrs. Snowman (they are so cute), and Bright Squares Afghan (Patons).

This, of course, has completely torpedoed my Stashbuster total for the year... :lol

I also got some crochet books. :c9

One nephew built me a beautiful (and very heavy haha) wooden basket and bought two skeins of caron simply soft to get it started on filling it. He was so excited when after he bought the yarn he realized the skeins fit perfectly in there in the bottom! :) I need to still get a photo of his project. I love it so much!

During our yearly family bingo game we play, one of the prizes was a crochet kit in a bag with two skeins of a burgundy type Red Heart, a hook, and a learn to crochet book. My other nephew spent his winner's tokens, to give to our aunt, who gave it to me haha Bingo is fun times at Christmas haha

Archived