Wedding Ring Quilt

Amyjk

I just finished this last night. It is for my MIL for christmas. It's more pink then I prefer, but she likes rose colored things.....lol And oh my gosh was it ALOT of work! I am soooo glad it is finished. I was starting to really dislike making it actually, which kind of made me sad. Anyways, though the pattern was very easy to follow (coats and clark) if anyone is interested in making this, I would strongly encourage making several of each pieces, and seeing how they fit before you make them all.....which coincidentally is what I did, and they did not fit like I had hoped. :blush The 'eye' piece is too large and it really puffs out. But, we live and we learn. Though I don't think I will be making a motif afghan again anytime soon! LOL

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2710/4203513239_2a50624bec.jpg

*and I completely forgot how to post the pics, so I hope this link works.

Here is the link to the pattern...

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/WT1647+Wedding+Ring+Quilt.htm

That sure is a lot of work but, you made it through it. Sometimes afghans when it takes forever to get done you can start to hate doing it but, good for you work through and got a beautiful afghan out of it. Thank you for sharing.

Just GORGEOUS!!! Worth every bit of the work that you put into it! Your MIL is going to flip when you give her that! I know I would be ecstatic with a gift like that! Great job!! :clap:clap:clap

It's awesome, and in the picture theirs is puffed a bit too-more dimensional that way

and thanks for the advice about the motifs, because I usually do all of one piece then put them together. My DD loves this pattern, so i quess I'll be adding it to my list...Pat

Beautiful! Love the colors too! I have wanted to do a Wedding Ring afghan for a long time now and haven't. Maybe I'll try one next project

• 5 weeks later...

You did a great job. Afghans have always been a problem with me. Anything that takes "forever" to make I get really bored with. It's great that you made it through it.

hey cool want to do another i have the pieces all done in green just waiting to be put together only sitting for a year last year winter project

hahahaha! No. :lol At least not anytime soon.

And Thanks for the kind words everyone!:hug

Archived