2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

How exciting...I'm an Honorable Mention! I blew through another skein so far this week and should be done with another before the end of the week. My Ladybug Afghan is coming along...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:think Should I be sad or proud that my stash still doesn't even look like there is a dent in it?

I know...I have the same issue. I swear, I think my stash mates and has babies overnight or something. :devil

:think Should I be sad or proud that my stash still doesn't even look like there is a dent in it?

Proud. You are making great progress, but you don't have to be deprived of nice yarn to play with!

I forgot to put my YTD score in my total last week (my fault -- I totally forgot it was the end of the month). It's actually +42 instead of 0.

Well today bought a big skein of thread and a skein of yarn so -4 for me for this week. I tried not doing too well but not doing too bad either.

Woo Hoo. I got the year to date shoot the moon. And your right. I need more space. I saw someone say that she thinks her stash mates overnight. I think that is how I got to the point where I am this year!!!!!LOL

Beth, I would be happy to do them for you. Here we go:

PAndruss 233 Gold Medal

dragonpuck 150 Silver Medal

Needle Arts 128 Bronze Medal

Honorable Mention

1wani 100

quietheart 99

raelynn 73

Ellie 13 71

PBLKNP 25

CLLinda 22

Braxi 18

DesertCrocheter 6

Basjordan 4

Holding Steady

Mouse CLP 0

OOPS

mollyanna -1

Marzee -3

Makinofastar -4

anu-Monty -15

Walker1021 -19

BigPinkPolkaDot -43

fc1123 -70

yarngeek -199

Shoot-the-moon (needs more storage!)

dilyca2006 -210 (with yarngeek nipping at her heels)

Let me know if I missed anyone and I'll adjust totals.

I'm afraid I might get Shoot the Moon this week. I stopped by JoAnn for a few minutes and saw some balls of Sugar n Cream in the colors of my kitchen - a stripe, 2 variegated, a solid and a tweed. I have already used half of one of them on a potholder, so right now I am -9 for the week.

Finished a skein on my afghan for a +2 - this is how I started out last week, we'll see if I get any better from there.

Beth, I would be happy to do them for you. Here we go:

Honorable Mention

DesertCrocheter 6

Umm, Needle Arts, you made a boo-boo. :( Actually, you reposted my wtd score in the ytd score post. My post a couple pages before yours read thusly:

score for week ending 06/05/10: = +6

YTD = +73

+73 is a much more respectable year to date score, and I'm quite proud of it. That was a lot of crocheting! :lol Please don't take that hard earned score from me. :lol

patty

I'm afraid I'm at a big, fat

0 for wtd!

Plus, I just ordered five balls of yarn from Knitpicks. There really goes my score, when that order comes.

:manyheart

I think I am in a crochet slump. I hardly picked up my hook at all this week. Even when the TV was on. Far cry from my score last week where I almost got the Shoot the Moon.

Weekly Score A Big Fat Goose Egg - 0

Hopefully next week will be better.

Not sure where my day will take me, so am posting now. Used a ball last night to make a cap for my MIL who was just diagnosed with ovarian cancer. So that give me WTD +3 YTD -6

One more skein down, hooray! But I'm going on vacation in less than two weeks, which means that I'll be visiting some yarn shops they don't have around me, like A C Moore and a nice indie shop, A Modern Yarn, so I suspect I'll be moving way in the opposite direction! But what a way to go!

score for week ending 6/12/10: +2

Patty

I've been trying to :crocheting together some squares I got when Gramma went to the big :yarn shop in the sky :). I found that the squares in the bottom of the HUGE bag didn't have the black edging, so I have to do that too. I used 1/2 a skein edging squares (+1), but hardly used any of the pounder :crocheting them together. I think this is going to be one BIG afghan. I used a small ball tying up my tomato plants (+1).

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 73

Ellie 13

Putting in my totals...

I managed to lay off the yarn stores this week and used up two more skeins on my Ladybug Afghan, so my totals this week are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +4 YTD +29

:c9:clap:cheer

Archived