Finished my 2 bags!

shuttlebuggy

The first is my Candy Corn C'Ville Tote - it is my 4th C'Ville Tote I have made thanks to the helpfulness of MaryJo getting me pointed in the right direction to graph my first pocket way back when ;) Forgot to mention that I did line it in bright orange fabric with a pocket for hooks and scissors on one side. I also increased the Bernat pattern in size a bit - I like a bigger bag than the one in the pattern.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/P0003868.jpg

And the second is my Retrouvaille Tote - a bunch of ladies in the Retrouvaille group we attend came back from the yearly conference with really nice red, white and blue totes in canvas - I really liked them but they only sold them at the Washington DC conference!

So I decided to make a similar one in color but with my own design and incorporating the symbol for Retrouvaille. The life preserver ring and mariner's rope found around the Cross (I did that part in thread) is representative of the "lifeline" of healing offered to marriages thru Retrouvaille - which is the French word for "rediscover".

My dh and I are peer mentors and facilitators for couples making retreat weekends to help their marriages and also on their follow-up sessions - we love it!

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/P0003872.jpg

Hope you like 'em!:yay

Thank you so much everyone! I am not as "accomplished" by any means at the bag making as some of you here but I do appreciate the encouraging words and I had a lot of fun doing them!

They're both great bags, Mary! I think it's such a wonderful idea to incorporate a logo of whatever group you're involved in, as with the 'Crochetville' logo and your rendition on your Retroubaille Tote -Very well done!

:DYou ladies are the sweetest with your nice comments on them! Thnaks you - :blush (blushing).

They were very fun to make and I am enjoying using the C'Ville one this time of year and spreading the word about our fine community of crocheters!:clap

Today at our meeting for Retrouvaille - my community there gets to see that bag for the first time - it will be interesting what they say!!!!! I'll let ya know! ;)

:crocheting:crocheting:crochetingWell it looks like I'll be busy now....we had our Retrouvaille meeting and the folks there immediately spotted my new bag with the logo on it and now they want me to come up with one to use for each couple that goes thru the weekend in January as their "gift bag" they recieve at the end of the weekend that the coordinator stuffs with goodies!

But they think the bag will be useful as it can hold their journals etc etc for the meetings after the weekend.

So now I have to come up with a smaller version and make 13 of them!!! Yikes!:eek:):eek:)

Archived