Pretty Purse without a name

nicolep

I have been looking for a purse to make for several weeks. I had these bamboo purse handles left from the kit swap here at the 'Ville. I ordered these handles and it took almost a month for them to get here. So in the meantime, I bought another pair. Then, of course, these show up shortly after the kit was mailed.

I finally found this pattern http://www.coatsandclark.com/NR/rdonlyres/916C6318-A5E7-4D65-A4BD-1345A9B72AAF/48920/LW13692.pdf I loved it so much that I made it all today. Crocheting it wasn't too bad, but I hate sewing. The lining was a chore...not because it was difficult, just because I dislike sewing. I used an old black tee shirt as the lining.

The purse is empty in the picture showing it hanging from the door knob. I have it stuffed full of stuff in the picture on the couch.

I titled this thread because the pattern is called "Pretty Purses" for all of the bags shown on the pattern. Thanks for looking!

post-28827-13589745078_thumb.jpg

post-28827-135897450789_thumb.jpg

That purse looks just about like the Fat Bottom Bag! For those who can't get their hands on the SNB book this is as close as you can get without the book.

That purse looks just about like the Fat Bottom Bag! For those who can't get their hands on the SNB book this is as close as you can get without the book.

I have the Happy Hooker book. It is similar, but this one is much more open being worked with DC's and a larger hook compared to the book with hdc and a smaller hook. But, you're right, the look and feel of the bag is almost the same.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Love the bag!

I tried the pattern but my was going to be HUDGE so I didn't finish it (I crochet loose).

I also tried cutting a t-shirt to use as a lining and it stretched too much for me to work with.

So excellent job on doing both!

Debbi

I thought it was going to be huge while crocheting it, but it ended up being perfect. My guage was off a little, but I didn't care too much since it's a purse. Thankfully my tee shirt didn't stretch at all....I'm sure it depends on the type of shirt. You should try again!! :yes

Nicole, I made one of those and loved it. It has since been gifted *LOL* Great job!

As for the FBB, I have NOT figured out how to do the HHDC where I am not saying some not so nice words to it.

Nicole, I don't know how I missed your post, but I'm glad it rose to the top again so that I could share how much I like your purse! It turned out so nice! Kudos to you for lining your purse, from what I can see, it looks like you did well, and I like the idea of 'recycling' material.

I hear you on the sewing, as I'm not especially fond of it either, but for me, it's due more to the fact that I have to do my linings by hand... I "think" I could zip through a lining if I had a machine, (coming from someone who's only used one once in her life), but for me, it's not something I'd use often enough to justify the cost...perhaps one day, though! Anyway, well done, all the way around. :) Thanks for sharing.

Nice bag Nicole! Way to up-cycle that T-shirt, too. Thanks for posting the pattern. I've been wanting to try the FBB, but the LAST thing I need is another crochet book.

Archived