Easy Pleated Purse

RusticOkie

I was having a mental block with crochet patterns lately until I found this one on Etsy. It was just what I was looking for and I've made 5 so far (almost 6) and already have colors picked out for more.

There are pictures and more details about the others on my blog too.

post-18474-135897444044_thumb.jpg

Great purse, RO! It's wonderful when you find a pattern that you like so well that it bears repeating; I agree! I checked out your blog and love the different looks you achieived by changing colors. Nice work!

Very pretty! I checked out your blog and I really like the other colors, as well! It's one of those bags that looks good in just about any color and has a shape that everyone likes! Great choice!

Your bags are wonderful. I really like the Pink and Black one that you have posted on your blog. Anyone that receives one of these as a gift from you will definitely be happy. Outstanding job!

That is such a cute purse!! I like that color of blue that you used!! I really like the other purses that you made on your blog. The black and pink one is really cute!! :clap

Thank you all so very much for the kind words. It's nice to make something that other people like too! lol

I'm having the most fun with these bags. Its such a nice shape and size that it will work for just about anyone of any age. I am still working on making more. I don't see myself getting tired of them any time soon.

Beautiful bags! The pink is my favorite! Do you have to line these bags? I am horrible at any kind of sewing so if they can be used without lining I am all for it!!!

I plan on lining mine just because I like the look of lining them and then I can add a pocket or two on the inside for my keys or something. But they do not need to be lined. That's the nice thing about such a tight design, you wouldn't have to worry about your things falling out.

Oooh, I like that bag! Thanks for sharing! I have bookmarked the etsy seller! I wonder if this pattern would work for felting. I could just use a larger hook....hmmmmm

By the way, I too am a "hunter's widow" LOL! My DH is hunting goose right now, next it will be early deer, then comes trapping season! I don't have kids, but I still don't like the season much. We can never do much in the evenings because he has to get up early. Oh well, it could be worse! LOL!

Oooh, I like that bag! Thanks for sharing! I have bookmarked the etsy seller! I wonder if this pattern would work for felting. I could just use a larger hook....hmmmmm

By the way, I too am a "hunter's widow" LOL! My DH is hunting goose right now, next it will be early deer, then comes trapping season! I don't have kids, but I still don't like the season much. We can never do much in the evenings because he has to get up early. Oh well, it could be worse! LOL!

Glad to know I'm not alone, but sorry! lol Right now I think it's dove season, maybe. It's not too bad until deer season starts. That's the worst. But you're right it could definitely be worse.

Hi Rustic Okie!

Where did you get some of your patterns at? I really like them and would like to possibly make one or two of them.

Doreen Fox

I find my patterns various places and most have links through my blog. This particulater purse pattern was from mamachee on etsy. If there is a specific pattern you are wondering about let me know.

I really like the pleated bag. I think my neices would like it. Your bags appeared to look a little bit bigger than what's shown on mamachee or did they come out the same size? I know my two older neices would really like these two and I thought maybe I could make them for Christmas. Yeah the 'C' word. It's coming really quick. School starts Tuesday so I know the next day will be Christmas........if you know what I mean.

Archived