Blue Curacao in Raspberry

jeannie1205

This has been on my to do list and since I'm heading to PR in a couple of a weeks I figured I'd make one for my aunt who lives there. It's from Amazing Crochet Lace by Doris Chan. I used 10 balls of Jaeger Roma in Raspberry and added about two more sets of pineapple rows in order to make it larger since I wasn't getting the correct gauge using this yarn with the I hook.

I'm rather pleased with the results. It covers quite a bit and know that it will keep the chill off my aunt on those cooler winter nights in the tropics.

post-17564-13589743476_thumb.jpg

It's beautiful, Jeannie! I really love the shape and your color choice is lovely too - Your Aunt is sure to cherish it -Beautiful, beautiful work!

"PR"...as in Puerto Rico? Lucky duck! Safe travels -Enjoy!

What a beautiful gift to give your Aunt. I'm sure she will wear it often and feel "closer" to you when she does. Safe trip & thanks for sharing.

Thank you everyone. I loved making this shawl and already looking through my stash to make another...this one for my kid's grandmother who will turn 80 next year and they're all heading to Puerto Rico for a family reunion - 80th Bday surprise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived