What is your favorite website search?

Guest Crafterlady46

Guest Crafterlady46

My favorite is on google. I always search the pictures/images. Usually I just stick in free crochet and come up with a ton of free patterns. This is my favorite pattern site and I can see the pictures instead of links. It's quicker.

This search brings up almost all of celtwhitches free patterns.

http://images.google.com/images?q=celtwich+&svnum=100&hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&start=0&sa=N&filter=0

I have used several, but always come back to Google and do an image search so I can see the pictures and sort that way...it's quicker.

• 8 months later...
My favorite is on google. I always search the pictures/images. Usually I just stick in free crochet and come up with a ton of free patterns. This is my favorite pattern site and I can see the pictures instead of links. It's quicker.

I always use google also, but it never occured to me to search images. Gotta go try that!

Joan

I was using google quite a bit but now I use A9 because Amazon gives a 1.57% discount to users of A9. A9 allows images and links (and other stuff) to be on one page. So you can look at links and images at the same time. A9 says it's powered by google.

I have always used google (did not know about the image thing though), but have switched to goodsearch because it donates money to crafting for a cause each time you use it.

Another couple of good ones are:

Mamma.com

Dogpile.com

Vivisimo.com

Vivisimo is actually pretty cool, because it categorizes for you; you can enter less search terms and it will organize your results for you.

Give them a try. I love google too (its my homepage), but sometimes its worth trying something else.

Monica

I'm a die hard google fan. I think I've tried every other one out there but I always go back to google. I have my search preferences saved and the advanced search options rock!:cheer

Archived