CGOA Masters Program?

I was wondering if anyone has done or is doing the CGOA Masters Program? I've been playing with the idea for about a year now, but need a little prompting to get my self in gear.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completed the program in May and received my certificate at the end of June.

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay

You have an entire year to finish up two binders full of swatches and also something like 20 questions. The stitches are basic but cover everything and the questions made me read a LOT about crocheting (even needed Crochet for Dummies to help me out). I enjoyed it very much because it made me an even better crochetier.

I'm interested to know, although it is quite irrelevant to me (not being in America), how having the Master's certificate helps.

To quote the CGOA: "The course is non-competitive and aimed to encourage a high standard of proficiency." I don't think having the certificate on the wall will necessarily open doors for you, it's more of striving to keep the art of crochet alive and well, and with a high standard. The course challenges you. :hook

It's been a dream goal of mine for awhile now... not for anything other than to challenge myself, and my crocheting skills.

It's been a dream goal of mine for awhile now... not for anything other than to challenge myself, and my crocheting skills.

I'm with Kari on this. It's something I've been tossing-around for a while now. I'm really just waiting to get back from my trip in August then I plan on pursuing this full-force. I've done the research and really think it's something I want to do for just the knowledge and challenges that may come with it.

I've been wanting to do this for a while myself but haven't brought myself to making the time commitment yet.

I think that is the main reason I haven't "taken the plunge" yet. TIME... I think someone is cutting hours off my clocks, the days sure go by faster than they used to.

Thank you all for your responses, especially you Drew. It sounds like the portfolio was do-able in a year without sacrificing too many fun projects. It comes down to time. I guess I better get all these projects I'm working on wrapped up first. I think it might become a 2006 goal for me.

I think that is the main reason I haven't "taken the plunge" yet. TIME... I think someone is cutting hours off my clocks, the days sure go by faster than they used to.

Maybe y'all should do it at the same time and do a CGOA Masters-along! Oooh, and you could make a great button! You could all support each other here on Crochetville. That sounds like fun to me!! :dance

I'm interested, but that $75 fee for it is going to stop me for a month or two.

Same here....maybe we should set up a scholarship fund! LOL :lol

The mulah is what's holding me back as well......Frugal or tightwad, I dunno. I'd love to jump in though if $$ wasn't an issue.:hook

It's not the $$ that's holding me back, it's other committments and time. So what if we make a date of right after Christmas to do this together? Do you think you could do it then? I know that between now & Christmas I'm going to be rather busy so it's not feasible for me to attempt this until the first of the year. We could make it our New Year's Crochet Resolution to do the Master's Program and pass it! We would have 1 year to do it. So the year of 2006 would be our year (Jan-Dec)

I would definitely be in for next year, although I can't actually start until the end of January 'cause I have comprehensive exams midmonth. It's only a couple of swatches each month, right? ;)

Cheryl I didnt go look but what is the alotted time to finish the program at CGOA?

Sure if there is a goal start date then for those that have a $$ issue can maybe save towards it!

Good to see that I'm the only one who's wanting to do this but hasn't yet because of time restrictions. I'm definitely going to get started on it this fall!

Tammy

Archived