CGOA Masters Program?

Okay guys I have lived a very sheltered life and have rarely cruised the net for crochet ideas or information. I learned from books and then moved onto doing what I wanted with skills I had learned.

It has only been since I have found Crochetville that I realized there was a whole new world out there

So PLease explain the course and point me in the right direction to find out more. I am of course interested, as challenging myself has always been one of my prime motivators.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's not forget that you also have to be a member of CGOA in order to partake in the program. It's $35/year to be a member.

True, but you can get at least $35 out of it for being a member. A year's subscription to Crochet!, discounts at the CGOA conferences, discounts at many LYSes, etc. Plus you have the use of the CGOA library... very cool!

I just joined and I consider it money well spent from what I was reading. If nothing else I am supporting something I love. I can think of worse places for my money to go. Dinner out costs me more.

:dance I am so happy I thought to post this question here! I think a CGOA Master-along would be a GREAT idea, just the :kick I need to get going. Thanks Drew.

Starting this in January would be a great idea.

I'm all for a January start date. I'm still really new here, but would be willing to host this as my first CAL, if someone would help me with creating the button. (I'm not really clear on how to create them, use them, or add them to my blog yet). So who else is up for it?

Let's not forget that you also have to be a member of CGOA in order to partake in the program. It's $35/year to be a member.

I'm already a member. I joined a few months ago when I first decided to go for the Masters program.

Count me in for the first of the year!! I think it sounds like a great idea. We could help each other through, have fun, and learn new things in the process.:cheer

I will have to wait until closer to the end of the year to commit but I am highly interested.

Count me in if we are going to start after Christmas. With the move coming up (soon) and not knowing where I will lay my weary head until after we get out to OK (I am sort of freaking at this point) and not knowing how long I will be off line (really freaking at that thought) I can't commit to anything else for awhile :)

thanks Drew for the idea of a Master's Along. I have been passing this idea around for about a year or more now and well...I might as well just plunge in and go for it, right?

I cannot definitely commit right now, but I hope after Christmas I'll be able to afford the fees. A Masters Along is a GREAT IDEA :cheer:manyheart I have been crocheting for over 35 years, but have learned a lot and gotten a lot of ideas since I joined C'ville. There is really so much more that I don't know. I've heard of CGOA but didn't know anyone could become a "Master" crocheter !!

i tossed the idea around for awhile, then realized how much it was going to cost, and figured CGOA is maybe a little too proud of themselves..(What "master" qualified them to say others are "masters" anyway?) lolololol. I'm not overly impressed with them after digging around a bit and reading some stuff, and decided I dont need their piece of paper to be an award winning crocheter/designer. it is, in my opinion, just a "warm-fuzzy" thing. like Dude says, it probably wont open any doors for anybody. it just looks good on a resume. So I chucked the idea on the way to the bank to deposite the money I'd just made on a batch of poncho's I'd designed. :hook

• 4 months later...
Maybe y'all should do it at the same time and do a CGOA Masters-along! Oooh, and you could make a great button! You could all support each other here on Crochetville. That sounds like fun to me!! :dance

I think this is a wonderful idea... I'd like to join in the fun of a CGOA Masters-along... is anyone still doing this? Or did the idea fizzle out?

I know that most people wanted to wait till after the first of the year. You know get Christmas crocheting out of the way. I for one plan on doing the thread masters program, figure I will order it as soon as my last gift is wrapped, Sometime next week. I know most plan on the yarn one. I can't speak for anyone else. But I have not forgotten that we planned on doing this come January.

I'm still planning on this in January (the yarn one, not the thread one!). I'm not doing it for anyone but me; I don't make money off my crochet nor do I plan to, so this is totally something I'm doing for my own satisfaction. Anyone else in?

I love this, I just wrote to them at the Masters program to inquire if I can do it being in Canada, I can't wait for the reply. :xfin my fingers are crossed :xfin

I would love to do it for myself too and I think the $$ will be $$ well spent.

I know I would have to join the CGOA first but I won't unless I can join the masters program!!

I'm totally interested in anything that will give me more crochet skills. But I'm not sure if I'll be financially solvent come the start of the year. :shrug All sorts of large bills come due in Jan-Feb :help, so I'll have to wait on committing myself until a little while.

I haven't forgotten and plan to start in January. I'm working on a button for us. Unfortunately given the large number of birthdays I'm facing and upcoming wedding in Jan/Feb, I will be probably be starting a bit later than most (late Jan/early Feb) just so that I can keep my own sanity. But there's no reason for those who are ready not to start Jan 1st.

Faith

Archived