CGOA Masters Program?

well, I finally got CGOA on the phone, asked about my portfolio.. and they told me once they send it to the judge person.. its basically out of their hands. I asked if there was some way to contact the judge person..... they gave me her email. I wrote her and told her I didnt understand why it had taken 5 months to get my binders judged and perhaps they were lost in the mail?... she said she has been busy and was sorry for the delay ~sigh~. She assures me that she will be mailing my portfolio's back to me on July 18 and will email her report to me. So... there's where it stands now.... :think

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both sides have good points. I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to join and go for the Masters and haven't been able to decide. They do offer some good things, but I just can't seem to get off the pot on it.

I have been crocheting since I was 7 yrs old. My great aunt taught me, and I do all types of crochet. I haven't found any stitches that I don't know. The only thing is, it would be kind of nice to see how others judge my stitches. Then again, I enter in 2 fairs every summer and get plenty of first place ribbons, so they must be good.

I have so many things already in the works, does anyone know how many swatches you have to make, and how long to make them. Will definitely give it some more thought. Just a question of can I make up my mind.

Congratulations, Craftyrat!!!! :jumpyay:woo

That's so cool!

I'm just sorry it took so long. So the judge was "busy"? Well, who isn't? :rolleyes

I'd feel better about this program if the people in charge didn't sound so flaky. After your experience, would you recommend it to the rest of us?

Congratulations, Craftyrat!!!! :jumpyay:woo

That's so cool!

I'm just sorry it took so long. So the judge was "busy"? Well, who isn't? :rolleyes

I'd feel better about this program if the people in charge didn't sound so flaky. After your experience, would you recommend it to the rest of us?

Thank you for the congrats!!

Would I recommend it? Oh thats a tough question...personally.. if I had read all the posts including mine (as another person) before I started, I probably wouldnt have done it for the large amount of money they are asking to do it. But on the other hand, I am glad I got the opportunity to do the portfolio's.. they were fun.. its just the hassle AFTER they were done that i'm disappointed in.

Congratulations on your accomplishment! It was a long hard process, but you prevailed and the judges finally got it done.

Way to go!

received my portfolio's back in the mail today with a note attached saying I passed.:yay

Myra: Congratulations! I am soooo happy for you!

I asked at the conference who was in charge of the program and I will PM you her name, so that you may report to her on your experience. She is a lovely, well-organized woman and I think she'd want to know about the bad experience you had. They may decide that the judge you had should not be used again.

So, when your certificate comes, go get yourself a frame to put it in and hang it on your wall! You are a master of basic stitches! Way to go!!!

Congratulations on your accomplishment! It was a long hard process, but you prevailed and the judges finally got it done.

Way to go!

Thank you very much!! Glad its mostly over now! Still waiting on the report she said she was going to send letting me know what she thinks I was or wasn't doing right.

Congrats to you. I know you must have been sitting on pins and needles waiting. They should have communicated with you a little better than they did.

received my portfolio's back in the mail today with a note attached saying I passed.:yay

Congrats to you. I know you must have been sitting on pins and needles waiting. They should have communicated with you a little better than they did.

Thank you very much!! I think thats what disappoints me the most is they didnt communicate better.. I could have stood the waiting a little more patiently had I known what was going on.

• 3 weeks later...

I have received my certificate and report back in the mail. I wrote to the woman artemis gave me the name for, but she more or less didnt want to hear anything negative, so I just said my peace and left it at that ~sigh~. Like I told artemis, I dont think I will be recommending the program to anyone anytime soon. I'm still disappointed, but I'm moving on to bigger and better things.

Happy Crafting

Archived