Look what my Mom gave me!

They dont call her the garage sale Queen for nothing. She only paid $5.00 for the whole box:cheer:clap. The small books are annies attic pattern club, most of the books are brand new and there are only 2 that I already have. The most exciting thing was I have been wanting to try croknit for the longest time but couldnt buy what I needed and look it had 3 books and a hook plus a circle hook:D. :dance There was also alot of letters to her friends exchanging patterns. I also got to see what she looked like there were pictures of the woman who used to own this great treasure. There are about 15 plastic canvas books, pompom maker and a fringe maker.

post-17499-135897428964_thumb.jpg

post-17499-135897428969_thumb.jpg

post-17499-135897428972_thumb.jpg

post-17499-135897428975_thumb.jpg

i hope that when i no longer am able to use my crochet patterns that someone else will be able to love them and use them as much as i do. dont worry about my hooks and scissors...i plan to be buried with them

What an AWESOME find and AWESOME Mom!!! WOW! And to have a bit of the person these belonged to, how nice is that. And so nice that her things went to someone who absolutely will cherish them.

Wow- goes to show that old saying: someone's junk is another persons treasures.

You have some great treasures there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is one great find for Mom!!! She is a wonderful person for getting this for you.

Enjoy and show us what you create from that find.

I know I am on a crochet high right now, its more like an crochet overload.:c9 I am the type of person who cant be given too many choices it overwhelms me.:lol. 90% of the books are brand new, most of them are Annie's Attic books. The older books have really great illustrations, answerers a lot of questions on problem I have had. When I went threw the box better I found another book on crochet nit and it had two brand new hooks in it:clap So I think the box is telling me that this will be my next project to try:hook

Wow, CindyLou!

Hail to the "Garage Sale Queen"! :nworthy - Kudos to your Mom for her gold mine of a find and lucky you for rehoming the wonderful boxload! :h5

I can just imagine how delighted the dear woman who compiled such a trove would be knowing that her treasures are now so treasured. Thank you for sharing your joy!

Archived