My first purse with a lining

cindylou4516

I made this purse for the silent purse auction at the Salvation Army Church my Aunt goes to. This is also the purse I need suggestions for a clasp. The magnet is to strong and would wreck the purse trying to get it apart. Here is where I got the pattern, just didnt put the fringe on and changed the straps

http://web.************/web/20010413214321/www.cei.net/~vchisam/groovy/fringebag.html

post-17499-135897426587_thumb.jpg

post-17499-13589742659_thumb.jpg

That is really pretty and I just love the color.

I found a site once that showed how to attach magnetic snaps to purses, I can't remember how exactly, but they showed how to insert the snaps under the lining. I didn't bookmark the site, but you could try googling "how to attach magnetic snaps", at least I think that's how I came across it. (I spend waaaaaaay too much time googling :D)

I love your purse, Cindylou, the style, color and lining - Very nice work! I know what you mean about the magnetic closures being too strong (as is the one on my chakra purse). If the flap hangs 'heavy' enough on it's own, perhaps a closure isn't needed(?), otherwise....I wonder if you could sew a matching button just below the flap (on the body of the purse) and then have a chained or braided loop secured to the top one that could be hooked around the lower one? (clear as mud, eh?)

Beautiful purse! I love the stitch.

I can't sew really well so I haven't done a magnetic snap, I have one, but haven't done one. I crochet buttons and crochet a chain for the loop. Even if the purse is open at the top and no flap. I Like some closure to feel more safe walking around.

Debbi

Thank you for all your kind words. The lining was suprisingly very easy, just wish my sewing machine worked, I hate sewing by hand. When I was in high school I made all my own cloths and I would have paid someone if I could to cut the pattern out and sew the hems. But I loved putting it all together. So sewing the lining was like torture for me:eek

• 2 weeks later...

Archived