Look who I found in my garden ;)

After an arduous trek through the Minty Jungle,

post-7396-135897423859_thumb.jpg

post-7396-135897423871_thumb.jpg

and a long hike across a Concrete Desert,

I found this little guy taking a rest in my white harebell plant.

post-7396-135897423903_thumb.jpg

post-7396-135897423906_thumb.jpg

He was quickly adopted, cuddled into my home, before I watered the garden.

He fits very comfortably in my hand, being just about 3" tall. Made with brown size 10 crochet thread and a pink variegated size 80 tatting thread (found at Hobby Lobby). Worked on my new favorite, a No2, (1.50mm) Comfort Hook. (was a bit of a tight fit, that hook, but it worked)

PS, someone care to enlighten me on how to rotate uploaded px? Please? (without rotating them on my camera card, that is) TIA :D

Ah, Mr. Chocolate Strawberry Bear has arrived! He looks quite content there in the bed of delicious, fragrant mint with a harebell to ring for dinner service. What a delightful little guy, Mom! Thank you for sharing his adventures with us!

P.S. Since you seem to be uploading directly from your camera (is that right?) I have no idea how to help. Pretty much all the photo handling programs have a Rotate function. Hmmmmm...

Thank you, everyone. He arrived safely, and is enjoying a good long rest!

I was uploading directly from my camera...I think you all are right, I will have to rotate before uploading. I'll have to remember that for next time. :)

He is cute :)

As far as rotating... If you upload and use a photobucket or flickr account they have areas to edit....

You can also download/install mihov I wish I could use mihov on my linux system - I've got ubuntu and mihov doesn't work - you can bath resize/rotate/change file types etc - it's easy to use and just fantastic. I really really miss mihov - a lot!! I need to find something like that to work with ubuntu - and fast - I don't like the editing stuff my husband has me using. It is so not user friendly at all and you have to do each and every picture one at a time... sigh!

but back to the bear - he is adorable!! Stuffies made with thread are always so much cuter!!

He is really adorable :hug

Is the pattern available somewhere?

Thank you for sharring

:mug:cat:yarn

Yes, the pattern came from a book called 101 Easy Scrap Crochet Projects. It is currently out of print, but you can still find copies of it. (I borrowed it from the local library to make this guy, and now I want my own copy.)

Archived