U Shawl

fran

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

Fran I know this is an old link but i would love to have this pattern :) did you ever write one up? or could you give me an Idea as to how I might go about making it?

thanks,

sissie

yes I would love to have a pattern of your shawl also I really couldn't quite make head nor tail of your scmatics you posted before it is really a lovely shawl

• 8 months later...

No, it didn't, but I guess everyone keeps missing post #53 (which is the last time she wrote about it) where she says where you can find the general instructions on how to make it.

:crochetingplease give the pattren to me:cheer:clap:cheer

what aniceJOB

YOU SAY I didn't think anyone would want it. I was just playin' around.

NO I WANT IT TO ME ME AND ME:manyheart

BY:yes

I would love this pattern too it would stay put when im here typing i did see the posts where there are some instructions on decrease etc but i think what it is is like when ya call your mom and say how do you make your scalloped potatoes well honey i usually just use 6 or 7 taters and i add a cup or so of syrup oh a smidge of brown sugar....get what i mean fran is so good at this she can just look at it and do it but its hard for her to make the rest of us understand how she went about it i bet she will post the pattern out if we all say pretty pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee spell it out for us fran

Janny

Here is a wrap that is like the u shawl.

http://crochetme.com/patterns/wheelchair-wrap

Donna Marie

I made this wrap last week, easy, quick, stays put, warm. It is designed for misses size, not plus size (I wear 2x) The neck is fine, but it does not increase fast enough to accomodate my chest so you might need to adjust that,,,also be sure to use a soft worsted, mine was a stiffer yarn and it wants to stick out on the sides,,,,,I plan on making another for myself:yes

I made this wrap last week, easy, quick, stays put, warm. It is designed for misses size, not plus size (I wear 2x) The neck is fine, but it does not increase fast enough to accomodate my chest so you might need to adjust that,,,also be sure to use a soft worsted, mine was a stiffer yarn and it wants to stick out on the sides,,,,,I plan on making another for myself:yes

You might want to try the All Shawl by Doris Chan. It is a free dowlnoad on Ravelry and on her blog. The shape is very close to that and she gives directions on how to make it bigger. Mine goes around me really well and I'm a 3x. I used I Love This Yarn for mine.

Archived