Drew Emborsky, The Crochet Dude.

I would just like to say that its so nice to see him as a regular on Knit and Crochet today. My tivo picked up this show and all the ones Ive watched so far have Drew making some amazing project. He explains the process so simply and without fluff. Yesterday dear Drew taught me how to tunisan crochet.. Ive been trying to get it right for SO long. Within 10 minutes of Drew explaining it, I was making my first... uh.. something rectangle in Tunisan crochet.

If by chance you get to see Drew on any show, watch it... he's a smart guy and is a wonderful crochet teacher!

Colee

P.S. Its so nice to see a guy crocheting on TV!:hook

:sigh I wish I could see it! My PBS station quit carrying the show! :cry I wrote to them demanding that they bring it back though!:D The only response I got was if they do I will be notified.....well yippee....I want the show back now!!!! :lol My weekends just aren't the same!

not to mention the aclaims I got at my beggining knit class when I revealed my bottom purse from his patterns done in hunter green velvet chenille with a rinestone broach ..

and some of his dish cloth patterns are my fav especially the little sunray? 3 d pattern...also have made a few of his crochet purse patterns love them too..

Ok I love most of dudes stuff and intending to order a few of his books

Drew and Jean Leinhauser prob my all time favs...with a little priscilla hewett tossed in lol

kudo's and many thanks

I had the pleasure of meeting the Dude in person at the Oregon CGOA event last year (not this year, I had jury duty). I knew Drew from before, but you know how you wonder if folks are really like what you see on the net. Well I can tell you he's not just a super talented Dude, he's actually a REALLY nice guy. None of that rock star fame has gone to his head.

He's amazing. Drew can explain things in terms that people can understand. I love when he's on the Knit and Crochet show.

Not to change the subject, but has anyone seen "Knitty Gritty" lately? It hasn't been on in a couple weeks and I really enjoy that show too.

:manyheart

Our PBS doesn't carry the show. I would like to see it on other channels like DIY or HGTV or RFD TV. This would give a larger audience.

PS Hi Drew! I'm a big fan!:cheer

I watch it whenever I can here. Its on at noontime sometimes, or on at midnight, Ive even seen it on at 4 pm here. I enjoy it. I see Drew on it alot, I really like his designs.

Our own Drew from the Ville is awesome. He is so friendly & he makes his patterns easy to understand for everyone. I am partial to his name too lol (one of my sons is a Drew). I even remember when he joined Crochetville. It was nice to see a guy that crochets & convinced me to try to teach my youngest son. Unfortunately he got bored with it but he still likes to ask for me to make him stuff lol

I was bummed that I didn't get the PBS channel that Knit & Crochet Today comes on but about a month ago we had to change cable providers. It slipped my mind but I just checked & we get it now!!! The website said that it comes on Fri at 1pm, so I am going to check it out (I've never seen it). This is awesome! I can't wait to watch it. Is it in reruns now or is it new episodes? They are ALL new to me but I was curious since I couldn't find original air dates.

Hi Drew!! I got so excited when I first saw you on the show, my DH husband just looked at me with a blank glazed look!! I said honey its the Crochet Dude on Crochetville!!

He said, "oh".

Silly Man

• 9 months later...

Just saw Drew this morning on Knit and Crochet Today. He was demonstrating a cool bobble technique that he invented because it doesn't give you the bulk of a regular bobble and he said guys hate the swirly, bulky old patters in crochet (he apparently had taken a poll somewhere). He was showing it on a design for a man's vest that was done in panels. I had never seen Drew before. He is really a great asset to the world of fiber arts.

Thanks Drew.

I would vote for you to get your own show as well and I would record it with my old VCR (no TIVO here).

Wish I could go on the cuise with him. That would be a lot of fun.

jimbo, we could certainly use Drew in Washington, but I really don't think politics and crochet mix.

I'm off to my local library site to see if we have any of his pattern books available. Go Drew. You rock.

Ooops, no pattern books at my local library. I did find him on Alibris and two of his pattern books are on my wish list.

I'm off to Ralvelry to see if I can find some single patterns to purchase. Love his bags.

They just started running Knit and Crochet Today again on PBS in the KC, MO area. They took it off for a while. I realized when I saw this post that I just missed this mornings episode. I wish they would start running the new ones. And Jimbo I would vote for Drew!

I DVR Knit and Crochet Today and love when Drew makes an appearence! He certainly has a knack on showing how to work a pattern/stitch.

Crochet Dude for president!

I think he should have his own show stitchin and cooking with Drew.. makes some of most yummy sounding dishes

I know! I follow Drew on Twitter and every time I read his tweets about what he's making for dinner I get hungry! :lol

Archived