Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok been busy last few days. haven't been able to keep up and for some reason everytime I came on here my browser would close. Weird.

Hope everyone has been doing well. not up to indiviual responses right now, will try to do that tomorrow.

I'm joining the squares I have done (all but 3) into a 4x4 square and then will be going around them until I reach the size I want as when I started the second skein of italia it wasn't as fluffy as the first so was very obvious difference between the squares so I'm going to use the second skein for a different project (whatever that ends up being LOL). I've got 7 squares joined and have done a person record LOL I've made lots of granny squares but this is the first time I've actually gotten to the joining part of the project... :yay:lol

Whassup, ladies?

sorry for not having been around much... we've been spending lots of time on homework help... :sigh... I had no idea how much I had forgotten! :lol

Anyhoo...

Beth - Glad your leg is better, and praying that the ice cream remedy sustains itself for a long time! :hug:hug (that's a hug for you AND a hug for DD!)

:rofl about the bajillion bucks at the bakes sale:lol it was funny that I was so organized, too (that never happens!)

Mary - glad you are taking it easy and that you got to "relax by the pool with Colleen" today! :hugto you and DH

Vicki - :clap for your appetite coming back, for your work being done, and for burgers and dogs! (I can't wait for burger weather!):hug

Joanne - Very cool about your Ocean blue Simply Soft! what a nice surprise for you! :xfin that DH's physical results come back quick so he can cut his commute quickly! :hug

Colleen - I :manyheart coming here each day to see what you were up to... look at you... chillin poolside! so nice that you are putting together a string of awesome days! :hug Your posts put a :U on my face... just seeing you so happy!

Stacy - Praying that you are ok with all of the rain... I know you love it, but it looks pretty scary out there! :hug

Shannon - glad that Janna got back to school ok, and that you get to drop by and check in... loads of :hug to you! Miss you bunches! Hey...when will DH be home? Let us know, as we can have chat!

Sarah - :clap:yay on the 'joining part" of your project! It was nice to see you!!! I hope your computer behaves better soon:hug

:hi to Scooby, Frogger, C4J, and Chaya. I hope you are all well~ :hugand :manyheart to all of you!

ok... this was weird... I was at school to pick up this afternoon, and I saw this mom and asked her how she was... she said she was all stressed out, because her babysitter's last day is tomorrow, and she is having a hard time finding someone she likes. (She advertised online)... Gee, that's funny... "I am looking for a job", I said. She was like, "WHAT?!" :lol so, I am going to check it out tomorrow, on my way to sit for that baby!:xfin

3 hours a day Monday to Friday would work for me! And all walking distance from the house:clap:clap

I guess I should go and get everyone tucked in... Love you guys!!!!

Have a great night!:hug:sleep

Congrats on the job, LeaAnne- funny how things have a way of working out isnt it?

Well, I worked on the flannelghan!!! I have 3 of the strips whipstitched together and ends weaved in. Tomorrow night, I'll whipstich the other 2 strips and weave in those ends and then put a border around it. DH actually got excited when I told him his ghan was almost done!!! I am so glad that this is one WIP that will be no more!!!

Stacy- thinking about you- those rains that you love don't seem to be so friendly today.

Sweet dreams all!

Hey all!

We are okay here. Yes, the storm today is much more scary than usual. We are getting thunder and lightening along with it, which I hate. :blush Tomorrow is supposed to be the last of it, though.

Joanne, WTG on getting those strips put together! :cheer That is too cool about the Simply Soft, also. Wonder what you'll make with it...:dreaming

Mary, I'm happy to hear you didn't overdo it today. I hope you are feeling better. :hug

Shannon, it's so good to hear from you! I'm glad that Janna had a great day at school. :hug Hope to see you again soon.

Colleen, sounds like you had a fun day! :manyheart What did you work on while you were poolside?

Beth, I'm happy that your leg is feeling better, and that you and dd had a great ice cream date! I'll have to remember that for when my girls are all hormone-enraged. :lol My dh loves his video games, too, but he is also a reader. Such an interesting combination. LoL It's nice that your dh and ds' have a way to "bond."

Leanne, way too cool about that babysitting job! :xfin that it all works out!

Vicki- :clap for your appetite coming back! :clap for dd at TKD! :clap for burgers and hot dogs! How is destination imagination going? LoL @ your barking chocolate bar! Good thing dd spotted her before she got out!

Sarah, Scooby, C4J...hope you all are having a great day!

I followed Beth's lead and took a :crocheting project to work on while waiting for the girlies today. I started the last strip of SIL's flannelghan. Only have 2 weeks left to get it finished. Also I spoke with my dad and he said his friend wants the other 2 but doesn't have the money right now. He sounded like he was testing to see if I'd make them anyway, and she could have them when she had the money, but I told him to let me know when she wants me to start them. He got the hint. :wink

Well I'm going to look for some chocolate. (Thanks, Beth! :rofl) Good night! :hug

Good morning and Happy Friday! Wow this week went fast (of course it did---I only had to work 3 days!)

Stacy- glad you posted and that all is well. Good thinking not starting the flannelghans yet- It's a big project until $ is available. You'll get your SIL's done if you are on the last strip. I actually liked making the flannelghan- just don't like that you have to "sew' the strips together and weave in ends! But I do like the way it comes out. I noticed as I am looking at the 3 strips that are together that one of the rows is a little off when I put it together- but I am NOT undoing it! LOL DH probably won't even notice!

Hope everyone has a fantabulous day- will anyone be here for chat tonight?

:yay LeaAnne about the job prospect! I'll be keeping my :xfin That sounds like it would be perfect for you!!! How old are the kids? Is it after school? It's all about being in the right place at the right time. I'm kinda thinking I'd like a little 3 hr a week gig like you've got with the baby. :dreaming Just to keep me busy.

Joanne - WTG on joining strips on the flannelghan! Can't wait to see it!!!

Stacy - You your new vehicle is a good :crocheting place? :tup You are motoring along on that flannelghan for your SIL.

Sarah - Good to hear from you! I hope your internet rights itself. You should call your family IT girl :rofl I had that same problem with fb earlier this week, but I would miss the 'ville more.

I hope everyone has a Fantastic Friday :clap DD and I are off to a play date this morning (I'm friends with the mom, so I'm sticking around for coffee and a chat :)). Then we have some errands to run. I'm toying with the idea of getting DD's hair cut. I'm struggling with this. She likes it long, which is fine, but I'm toying with getting bangs cut (her hair is all one length). The problem is, her hair grows forward so will bangs work or will the hair on the top of her head just continue to fall into her face? I love bangs on little girls, but all my family says to leave it the way it is.

Good Morning Ladies

I have been up since 4am. My back was too sore to stay in bed any longer. I think Iam wide awake enough to get some cleaning done. Not alot just a little.:blush Then it is going to be a crochet day today.

LeaAnne WTG on the babysitting job. I just new things would work out.

Joanne you gotta love those 3 days weeks:cheer

Colleen have fun at play date today. I know DD just loves them. Oh and before I forget DD enrolled GS for school in sept. Where did the time go?

Beth would you like some energy today? WTG on your leg getting better.

Stacy I can't wait to see a pic of sil afghan.

I also have to take some pics so you all can see that I was really crocheting.:P

To everyone else have a great day

Talk to you later

Keep those prayers coming please

:hug:manyheart

Mary, energy would be most appreciated!!! Please send some my way, if you have any sitting around. I hope you are taking it easy. It takes backs some time to mend.

Frogger. Hi to you, too!!! Happy almost weekend.

Colleen, I love the play dates where the moms are friends, too. It is so nice to chat with someone who has a child in the same age range. Enjoy!!!

Joanne, Happy Friday!!! Enjoy your weekend. You've got to make it last. Isn't next week a 12-day workweek again?

Stacy, doesn't wait time go by faster when you have a project with you? Sometimes I'm not ready to go when the kids come to the car -- wait a minute, will you? I want to finish this row... Poor kids. I'm glad you are safe. The storms sound horrible. I'm glad you weren't bullied into starting projects with no guarantee of getting paid.

LeaAnne, Hooray for babysitting jobs that fit your schedule!!! I hope this one works well for you.

Sarah, congrats on joining your squares!!! It's great to do something for the first time.

Vicki, Shannon, Scooby, Tena, and all our other besties, i hope your day is going well.

I am working on my sil's afghan. I'm really liking the way it's coming out, too, if I do say so myself. I hope to actually finish a square today, so I can post a pic. (I'm doing 5 squares at a time.)

HI guys! I am late posting today! The network was down and I could not get on to the website. It kept saying that the security certificate was bad and would not let me on.

LeaAnne - YAY for a new opportunity! Hope it works out!

Stacy - Glad to hear the storms are letting up by you! Thunder and lightning are not fun! Glad you are getting through it alright!

Colleen - How was crocheting by the pool? Was the swim lesson good? Sounds like you had a good day. My little chocolate bar, er dog is all clean now. Hubby gave her a bath and she is back to being a little barkity bark bark now.

Joanne - YAY for your hubby taking the job! Cutting the commute time down for him will be wonderful! When will he give notice?

Frogger - How is your day going? Hope all is well.

Sarah - How are things down on your end of the world? Are you feeling better?

Mary - I hope your back is feeling better today.

DD's destination imagination team is going along nicely. They are getting ready for their tournament in February. They have a field trip tomorrow in the morning, so I have to bring her to a middle school a 8:30 in the morning. I think she has to wear a navy t-shirt. She may need to borrow mine. I don't think she has one. She is enjoying it and that is what is important. I'm glad for her. She will go to tae kwon do tonight since she will miss it tomorrow morning. A leftover night for me! Woo Hoo!

Nothing else going on here. I was reading for my paper last night and I fell asleep watching the Rangers lose to the Flyers. We'll get them next time. Have a good rest of the day and I will talk to you all later!

Vicki

Sarah - Good to hear from you! I hope your internet rights itself. You should call your family IT girl :rofl I had that same problem with fb earlier this week, but I would miss the 'ville more.

LOL it was really weird. It was only 'ville I couldn't get on. Could get on other websites just not this one. I did a disk cleanup and defrag and it fixed the problem... :think

Vicki - glad your dog got a bath =0) had to laugh at your calling her a chocolate bar. glad DD is enjoying her activities.

LeaAnne - Hope the job opportunity works out.

Colleen - hope you got a lot done crocheting down by the pool.

Joanne - :yay for your DH.

Stacy - hope the weather over there is calming down.

Mary - hope you're taking it easy

Frogger - hope things are going ok for you.

Beth - glad your leg is doing better.

Tena - hope things are calming down some for you.

Shannon, Scooby, C4J - hope things are going well for you.

Mostly just been doing cleaning and working on joining my squares. Went to town yesterday trying to find some more pants/jeans but the stores in this area don't offer much selection for plus size women, not even at Wal-Mart and the few stores here that do cater to plus sizes are out of my price range.. so am going to have to wait until we go to one of the other towns that are further away.

Hi all,

Here is the first square for my SIL's afghan. Also, my dd asked me to make a stocking cap in green to look like Link from Legends of Zelda (a video game series.) Sorry again for the sideways picture.

Amanda's twin had to help her pose for the second pic.

post-16396-135897498433_thumb.jpg

post-16396-135897498437_thumb.jpg

post-16396-13589749844_thumb.jpg

Beth - Your SIL's ghan would look lovely in my living room. Those colours are going together beautifully! Nice square! Cute stocking cap and I love the kids hamming it up! It looks like Amanda is thrilled to have the help of her twin :lol Fun kids!

Sarah - Good luck finding pants. It is hard when you can't find what you need.

Vicki - Tell your DD to "break a leg" or "good luck" or whatever is appropriate for a DI tournament!

Catch you later alligators :D

Hi all- it's officially the weekend!!

And yes, Monday begins another 12 day workweek so I plan to enjoy this weekend.

Love your square Beth- that is going to be such a nice afghan! And the stocking cap is just too cute= as are the twins!

Sarah- bummer about not finding pants! I hope you have better luck when you get to go to the other town!

Vicki- Enjoy your left-overs tonight! And DI sounds like it must be fun. I just realized when you said she has a tournament coming up in February that Feb is just around the corner!!!

DH is going to give notice after he passes the physical on Monday- at least that is what I've been told. LOL

Got a call that someone is coming to look at the house tomorrow @3- so you know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning- yes, that is right- cleaning!!!! LOL

I am going to finish the flannelghan tonight. I'll post a pic if my camera cooperates- otherwise I may just have to spring for a new battery and it'll be a few days b/4 I can post a pic.

Well, let me see what we should have for dinner- DH is thinking he wants steak- I'm thinking more along the lines of soup and grilled cheese- (since I don't think we have any steak, I think my idea will win out)

Hey ladies! Not much going on today. Mia went to work with Jorge, so I just had Eva. Was supposed to go to yoga, but the kid center was closed, so I ended up going to get a few things from Target. On the way home we stopped at Starbucks and sat inside with our drinks. Eva thought that was so fun! LoL She called her apple juice "foffee" (which is her word for coffee) and had mini donuts. We came home and she watched a Backyardigans dvd while I paid some bills online. I think we are doing homemade pizza and salad for dinner. Very low-key day.

I have some things to clean up before Jorge and Mia come home, so I'll be back later to respond individually. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm hoping to be here for chat. Anyone else?

Hugs and love! :hug

Hi Ladies

Iam hoping I will be here for chat tonight. DH helped me with the few things that had to be cleaned up this morning, so I wouldn't over do it. I took Mom to the store with me to pickup a few things. She gave me some stew for supper tonight so I didn't have to cook:cheer Which was good cause I don't think I could have stood at the stove and cooked.

Iam just having my cup of tea then wash up the few dishes and then I think I will get to crochet.

I will be back later

:hug:manyheart

:clap:clap:clap the flannelghan for DH is finished!!!:clap:clap:clap And he loves it- he is lying on the couch watching tv with it on! Tried to take a pic but the battery in my camera is dead- kaput- I am charging it, but don't think that will work since the message said "replace" battery, not "charge" battery:lol. As soon as I get the new battery I will definitely take a picture!

You have no idea what a relief it is to have this WIP done!!!!:clap:clap:clap

:waving, friends!

Mary ~ I am so sad about your back... I hope you are feeling a little better. Good job taking it easy... we all know that is not the easiest thing to do:hug:hug is DD arriving this weekend? And DS, too, right?

Joanne ~ Happy weekend! I hope you get to enjoy every moment of it!:hug another 12 day week coming! :eekYikes!!!!

Stacy ~ Your "date" with Eva sounds like it was too cute!:U So nice that she enjoyed her "foffee":hug

Beth ~ I :manyheart the pics of your twin inventions, and that Mosaic square! It looks EXACTLY like the pic on the pattern! Your work is beautiful!

Colleen ~ how was your... er... i mean DD's playdate? I hope you both had a wonderful day! Did you decide about the haircut? I used to have 2 with bangs, and 1 without, now I have 1 with and 2 without... both ways are cute as far as I am concerned!:tup:hug:hug

Vicki ~ Hope TaeQuonDo was great, leftovers were yummy, and that the magical chair lets you stay up for chat:wink!

Sarah ~ sorry bout the store not having what you were looking for... hopefully the next town will have plenty!

:waving, Scooby, Chaya, Frogger and C4J! I hope you all had a terrific day!

:clap:clap:clap the flannelghan for DH is finished!!!:clap:clap:clap And he loves it- he is lying on the couch watching tv with it on! Tried to take a pic but the battery in my camera is dead- kaput- I am charging it, but don't think that will work since the message said "replace" battery, not "charge" battery:lol. As soon as I get the new battery I will definitely take a picture!

You have no idea what a relief it is to have this WIP done!!!!:clap:clap:clap

:clap:yay:cheercabbage patch, and a :whew! :hug:hug congratulations!!! so... are you gonna make another one??:devil

Archived