Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I work for a welder/fabricator/ engineering company in NW Ohio. They admited the baby yesterday and had done a sleep apnea test on monday, but not a whole lot more detail yet.

Wow, that is SCARY!!!! prayers for the baby, and the momma!

I hope things settle down for all of you soon... so , do you need to do her job plus yours when she is out?

kind of. There are 3 females that "run" the office: her, myself and the office manager who is about 35-40 years older than either of us. so while she has been out, both the office manager and i have taken over different aspects of her job. needless to say, things run MUCH smoother when she is here and we have our full team,.

That makes sense... I hope they figure out what's wrong with the baby so things can go back to normal for all of you:hug:hug

Try to have a great day, Frogger! It was nice to have talked to you:)

will you stop by the CAL again soon? Please keep us posted on what's going on, ok? Meanwhile, let your coworker know that you have friends sending prayers her way:hug:hug:hug

I gotta run and get my stuff done before my aunt and uncle arrive for lunch:eek

Frogger - :hug I hope all is okay with the baby and that your work-life returns to normal soon (and your home life!).

LeaAnne - That is too bad that more parents didn't bring any baking. I would have. ;) I provided a bag of safe treats for DD at the beginning of the school year. So, if there are any treats offered to the class she picks one from her bag of pre-approved by mom treats. Puts my mind at ease. As for what is on today, I've got the kitchen cleaned up and the laundry started (I really don't think I'll be able to adjust to this new hydro schedule where I'm supposed to do laundry before 7 am or after 9 pm :think). I'm changing the beds and I can't just leave the laundry until tonight. It is a beautiful sunny day, so I am going to walk to the bank and enjoy the walk home (perhaps I'll take the long way ;)). I think we are having bacon and eggs for supper, so no need to worry about that until later. I'm going to try to get to those Rice Krispies squares today. That's about it! Here's a :hug for you, LeaAnne. Just in case you need one. :yes Oh yes, and :xfin for Uncle Art.

Have a great day friends!

Frogger, sending thoughts and prayers that all is okay with the baby. Hope things settle down for you soon. :hug

Leanne, I would have sent treats, too! I think bake sales are fun...I guess not everyone does. :lol Glad you had a nice turnout, though, and had fun :blah. I thought about the flannelghan overnight, and I don't think I will make one for me. They are pretty, but I'm not that motivated. :rofl I'll just get more blue and finish my besties 'ghan. :lol I haven't heard back from my dad yet about the other 2 ghans- I told him to let me know by Friday, so I could get the yarn before it's not on sale anymore. :rofl

:hug and prayers that Uncle Art receives wonderful news! :xfin

Colleen, yikes about that water restriction! We have them on sprinkler and shower use, but the shower one is only "suggested." Our water company uses a "tiered" approach, and charges more per gallon or whatever, if you use more than they think you should. It's a real pain in the rear when there are 8 people living in one house. They don't account for things like that. :rolleyes Enjoy your walk! It is so nice to get fresh air. :manyheart

Mary, you are in my prayers every day, but I will send extras. :hugI hope things straighten out for you and dh soon.

Joanne, how sweet of dh to keep things straight so it would be nice when you came home. :clap He's a keeper. :wink WTG on getting another scarf done. I don't like Homespun but those scarves are absolutely adorable. How many skeins does one scarf use? It is on sale this week at Michael's- maybe I'll have to go buy some purple and make one for myself. :devil

I sold a hat last night! Well, it was to the same girl in the store who liked my other one, but I had made it and was afraid that she wouldn't buy it. But she did. :cheer Dh asked me what I am going to do with my new "income" and I told him I'd probably use it for gas and groceries. Sad but true. :blush Or maybe I'll put it away for Christmas. :think

As for the weather, it is still rainy and the weather people are saying the storm that comes through today and tomorrow (apparently there were 3 "separate" ones) is going to be the worst. There was a tornado in Costa Mesa yesterday but it's about an hour away and they are right next to the coast.

Well I could stay on here and chit-chat all day, but I need to get my bed made and some clothes in the wash before Mia goes to school. Have a great day, my friends! :hug

Me again :D I'm home from my walk. I walked to the bank, the library and the grocery store and it felt wonderful. The sunshine is fanastic! :c9

Stacy - The restrictions aren't on water. We call electricity "hydro" here. They installed this new meter on our house and they can now tell what time of day we use our electricity. Rates will be lower for "off-peak" times, so it will be cheaper to do laundry, run the dishwasher, use the AC in the summer, etc. through the night and on the weekend. I have no problem doing laundry on the weekend, but when your job is to keep the house clean you kinda want to do some of it during the weekdays (truthfully I kinda want to do it all during the weekdays and take the weekends off). Oh well, I'll get used to it. We get water restrictions in the summer and only in a drought and the restrictions tend to only be on outdoor use (lawn watering, plant watering, etc.).

I am off to put my laundry in the dryer :blush (see!!!) and then I need to shovel the driveway (more Sunshine :D).

Well, my guests have already "hit the road":( They have a 3 1/2 hour drive, and want to make it home before dark. Thanks for the prayers... but we still don't really know anything:shrug He looks good:) and it was a nice visit (as it always is).

Colleen ~ our electric costs more during day hours, too. I agree, though... it's hard to not do your washes during the day, when nobody is around. Sometimes, I put a load in the washer while I watch a program, and them put it in the dryer before I have my coffee, and put another 1 in the washer. That way, at least 1 load gets done "off hours" ... I am with you: I like the weekends off, too, or at least less work than the weekdays:D

Your walk sounds like it was awesome! Glad you are getting to soak up some vitamin D!

:hi, Stacy! I hope you hear about whether or not you need to make those flannelghans by Friday! Congrats on your hat sale!!! :clap Oh, and btw... my $$$ from :crocheting usually gets spent on groceries, too! Take good care in that weather you are having out there! Tornadoes?! Yikes!

Well... I am off to get my boots and stuff on... time to walk to school for pick up!

See you in a bit:hug

Hi Ladies

Today Iam feeling a little better. I have been working on my craft room this week. Iam doing one room a week cause my back is still sore and this way I don't over do it.

Please continue with your prayers for us. As soon as I can I will let you all know what is going on here.

I might be on here tonight if anyone is around.

Talk to you later

:hug:manyheart

Hi everyone!

i got up late this morning- well, late for me- around 5:50 AM so I had to shower, get ready and leave and didn't get to say hi and good morning!

Glad that your visit with Uncle Art went well LeaAnne- keeping him in my prayers. Yes, Massachussets is definitely making history- glad you got in some chatting time with IRL friends and neighbors yesterday at the bake sale.

Colleen- YAY for walking in the sunshine- I know it felt great. We did a bit of walking Saturday afternoon between museum stops and it felt good!

Stacy- glad to hear you sold a hat!! The Belle scarf uses one skein of Homespun. the first one I made I did the 140 ch that the pattern calls for and I ended up having to go into a second skein. ( I crochet loosely). The rest of the scarves I have only chained 120 and end up with a little bit of 1 skein left. I also use a K for the chain and have made it with both a J (6.00mm) and a K (6.50mm) hook for the rest. I like the way it comes out better when I use a J. I actually like the Homespun and don't find it hard to work with- maybe it is because I am a loose hooker-:lol

Mary- hope your back feels better and keeping you and DH in my thoughts and prayers. Here's a few more :hug:hug:hug

Vicki- WTG on your bowling scores- Will you get to :crocheting while DD is at Tae Kwon Do tonight?

Frogger- good to hear from you and hope that there is less stress for you soon. I know what it's like when someone is out at work- double work for everyone else. I hope all works out well with your co-workers's baby- that is scary stuff!

Tena- hope you are having less and less crazy days and glad Proj Linus is settling down a bit.

Beth- Have you been feeling better? How is your leg doing?

Scooby- hope you are doing ok- has the drama settled down a bit?

Everyone else that I missed- thinking about all of you and hope everyone has a good night.

Off to check on dinner- Baked chicken, baked potatoes and salad.

:manyheart

Ho hum. How is everyone? I just convinced DH to play a game of scrabble with me. He won. He is so good at games. I don't feel like crocheting today. Don't worry, I'm okay. I just need a break. I think I'll go read my book. :yawn

Joanne - Baked chicken sounds good. I made a really good baked chicken recipe the other day. We had mashed potatos (DD's fave).

I'm thinking I'll do one load of laundry during peak times (just to keep me sane) and then try to do more loads on the weekend. Can you tell this is really on my mind LOL

:hug:hug:hug to you all!! I'm keeping up with what's going on around here, but it takes so long that my battery gets low before I can write to each of you!

We're all good here! DH has been able to come home every night but one. DD started back to school today and had lots of fun! I've been pretty lazy around here. I need to get my badorkas in gear! I did start a granny square blanket, 2 hats and another pillow.

I hope you all are having a wonderful week!! I miss you all so much! Love you!:manyheart

Good morning everyone!!!

LOl Colleen about your washing during "peak hours" I always do laundry on weekends or at night after work! Did you get to read some of your book? I didn't feel like crocheting last night either!

Shannon-ness- glad you popped by. Wow- you have been on a roll- starting all those projects! Good luck with them.

Stacy- hope you are doing ok out in S Cali- I heard that the rain storms have been pretty strong!

To everyone else- thinking about you and have a great Thursday- I'm going in early this morning- cya on the flip side!

:morcoffee

Maybe that will be enough.... Good morning, lovely ladies!

I am so far behind on the posts, I don't know what's going on. My dd and I have been cranky with each other -- battle of the generational raging hormones. So we did the most logical thing -- went out for ice cream together. It was very nice. We both got a nice dose of chocolate and sugar, and had a good chat. We love each other still.:manyheart

I hope you are all doing well. I will try to get caught up. LOts of :hug:hug:hug:hug for everyone!!!

Beth- Oh, I so remember those days- teenage girls and mothers=bound to be disagreements! I love your solution- go out for ice cream!- and chocolate:icecream at that!!! You are one "crafty" mama....

Off to get my:morcoffee

Morning all! Glad to see that Shannon and Beth stopped by to say hi and that all is okay with them! Chocolate ice cream sounds wonderful, Beth! I hope you and DD enjoyed it!

Colleen - Yes, I did get to crochet while DD was at tae kwon do. I worked on the baby blanket that I desperately need to finish. I had startd it on Monday, and I pulled it out (I wasn't very far along) and restarted it. The pattern called for triple crochets, but I decided to do the square in doubles. I like it better now!

Stacy - Are you still getting rain? We are still getting some here. Not as much as I thought we were going to get, but still some.

Scooby - How are you in your neck of the woods? Are things settling down over there?

Joanne - Did hubby take the job? Let us know!

LeaAnne - How are the chickens doing?

Beth - How is your leg feeling? Is it still bothering you?

Mary - Are you taking it easy on your back? I hope you are feeling better.

Frogger - I hope things have calmed down for you also.

After tae kwon do we came home and had dinner. One of the dogs decided to go digging in the mud under the fence between my house and the house next door. Fortunately, she ddn't get under the fence, but oh, what a muddy mess she is! Hubby is going to try to give her a bath today. Luckily DD found the hole and we put a board up over it for now so she can't dig there. The poor dog is just covered in mud! She looks like a small dark chocolate bar that barks!

DD is learning her new belt pattern and her kicking practice. After dinner I was reading my research book and fell asleep in my "magic" chair. It must be the chair. I am completely convinced of that at this point!

Have a great day all and I will talk to you later!

Vicki

Vicki, I had to :lol about your barking chocolate bar. Poor pooch! But splashing around in mud is so much fun -- almost worth the clean up afterwards! It sounds like your dd is enjoying TKD, and does well at it. You should be proud. It's great when the children have an athletic outlet! Your magic chair sounds awesome. I can't sleep in chairs. It would be great if I could. Thanks for asking, my leg is doing great. This is the second day I've been bandage free, and it feels great. Doesn't look that good, but it feels fine.

Joanne, I'm glad you like my solution to the mother/daughter strife. I don't believe that all the world's problems can be solved with ice cream, but a lot of them probably could.:c9 We both needed to feel special, and get away from the testosterone that rules in our house.

Shannon, so nice to hear from you. I'm glad dd had a good day at school. I miss hearing stories about her. She makes me smile.

Colleen, the only games I could play with my dh involve flashy screens. He's very into the video games. He and the boys sit in my bedroom in the evenings and virtually shoot or blow up lots of zombies or evil doers. At least they are bonding.

Mary :hug lots of love going your way, sister! I hope you are doing OK.

Scooby, I thought about you when i was wearing the Scooby Doo bandaid my ds picked out for me. I like that great dane, too, you know. I hope things are well for you.

LeaAnne, sorry you didn't make a bazillion bucks from the bake sale, but it sounds like you had a good day. Sometimes moms need a good chance to :blah

Stacy, I hope your weather is behaving! Are you still getting rain? How goes your new wheels? How about "Freedom" for the name of your vehicle? I love Mia's typing skills. Very good for her age!

Frogger, Tena, Sarah, C4J, and all our other besties, I hope your day goes very well!!!

Beth - I'm glad your leg is better and you are bandaid free! My DH likes to watch TV ... A LOT of late (claims we need to get our money out of the satellite). So, a little face to face scrabble time was good. Ice cream with your DD sounds like a perfect escape. Good for you!

Vicki - The barking chocolate bar. That is funny! I hope he gets a good bath. WTG with your DD for working so hard at her TKD.

Joanne - I hope you had a great delta force day!

Shannon - So nice of you to stop by. I think we are all missing our Janna fix.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am off to sit by the pool :rofl (AKA take DD to swimming lessons, but let me have my fantasies :lol).

Hi Ladies

Today I got the bathroom cleaned and swept and mopped the bathroom and kitchen floors. Dh took the garbage out for me before he went it today. He also said DON'T OVER DO IT. so I guess that is it for cleaning today. I did get the laundry done last night which is one less thing I had to do today. Now I guess it is crochet time for me.:blush

I hope everyone is having a great day. Colleen if you don't mind I will sit with you by the pool and crochet.

Talk to you later

:hug:manyheart

Hey Miss Mary! Glad you didn't over do it today! Yay for getting all your cleaning done and the laundry done yesterday! How are you feeling? I hope you are feeling better.

I think I am caught up on my paper work for the moment. I have one more thing to update. I have and department chair meeting today after school. Hubby is going to do hamburgers and hot dogs tonight for dinner after he picks up DD from destination imagination.

My appetite is coming back with a vengence. I am starving today! I ate my sandwich and my granola bar and I am still hungry!

Ok, I must run. Have a great rest of the day and I hope Colleen and Mary are having fun sitting by the pool with their yarn!

Vicki

Oh, sitting by the pool and crocheting- doesn't that sound divine!!!

Glad your leg is feeling better Beth!

Vicki- What is destination imagination working on now? That just sounds so neat to me. And how is the "chocolate bar"? LOL

Stacy- how are you? How is the rain in the LA area? Hope all is well

Mary- good to hear from you and glad you didn't overdo it today

Had a very busy day, but when I got home I had a package waiting for me- three skeins of Caron Simply Soft in Ocean! I had written to them about the skein of tangles and knots that so frustrated me when I was making a hat (that was supposed to be a quick little project). Well, I was sooo surprised- 3 skeins!!! Isn't that neat? Now, to decide what to make with it!!

Well I'd better go start dinner- I think we may have breakfast for dinner tonight- cheese omelots and english muffins! I just don't feel like cooking and that is easy-peasy.

DH has his physical on Monday for the job- and yes, he has accepted the position. Just doesn't want to give notice until the physical on Monday (or maybe he has and just isn't telling me he has! LOL)

I'll try and stop by later....Hugs to all!!!

Joanne - Wow! 3 Skeins! You get the greatest packages, Joanne. Potholders, shawls, free yarn! You go girl! I'll have to go check out the colour, but Ocean sounds like one I'd like.

Mary - Glad to hear you are not overdoing it. You are welcome to join me "by the pool" anytime. It's kinda hot in there, so dress lightly :lol

Vicki - Burgers and Hot Dogs sounds good! I hope DD had fun at DI. WTG catching up on your paperwork :clap

We had a very nice day today. Swimming, library, lunch out at McDonalds with my girl, and then my daily load of laundry and some things around the house. Have a great evening ladies!

Archived